Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Hie many games did the defense also win last year.

Either way yes the Scheme is better for the DL (but all a year older specially Kyle). Shaq should be better back in a 4-3. Hughes as well.

Ragland is blah slow backer already coming off a Knee. And a 3-4 guy not expecting much

DBs are worse i get the scheme should help as scheme does disguise weaknesses. However healthy Williams was just as good if not better than Hyde. Poyer is trash.

So comes to a Rookie vs Gilmore and Darby playing in Zones.

Coaching is better. But talent IMO is less. So i stans by my prediction without Maclin this is a 6 win team at best (obviously like all seasons plus/minus a couple games).

So adding Maclin does what? Wouldnt the cap space rollover be more beneficial when the team is actually built better?

And what does that matter. I am talking about the people crowning all these Bills rookies that will start (because talent is less than last year) and call them better

Just to prove a point on how you always skew things to your argument...Williams played in only 10 games over the last 2 years. You can't help the team on the field from the training room. Micah just being available is already an upgrade over AW, and at their best, they are pretty close in terms of quality of player. I like AW as much as anyone, but his legend gets a bit over exaggerated around these parts.

We have our top 2 picks from last years draft coming healthy into this defense, to go along with all the other rookies and new additions. There is a lot to like about the potential of this D...lets not forget we were essentially without Dareus half a season too last year.

This D can and should make a significant improvement over last years pathetic unit. As I have said before...if you take away the fluke shutout against the Pats when they didn't have either Brady or Jimmy, and started a 3rd string rookie with a hurt hand (they almost started Edelman at QB for crying out loud) and look at the other 15 games...94% of their whole season...the Bills had the 26th worst defense in the NFL in Points Allowed. And that number likely is 28th in the NFL had Brady started Week 4 as he would have surely put up at least 30 on us (he put up 41 on us a couple weeks later) which would have actually put us at 28th worst.

So people can pretend all they want that the D wasn't so bad and that it was all TT...but we had a bottom of the league D while we were TT started 15 games and in those 15 games led us to a top 6 scoring team, 3rd in TD's scored DESPITE having literally garbage to throw to most the year due to injuries, losing McCoy for close to 3 games (1 full and large chunks in 2 others), losing Clay even some and also losing key OL for parts of the season. Yet we STILL contended for a playoff spot with bad coaching on top of all that.

Tyrod may or may not improve, but this absolute declaration that he wont is just as absurd as this absolute deceleration that Mahomes is going to be a stud franchise QB (the same rookie QB who needs to rebuild his footwork and mechanics to even have a shot at success in the NFL).

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's say we had woods instead of zay jones how many more games would we win

The inflation of Robert Woods to legendary status is ridiculous. He is a mediocre NFL WR at best. He is small, not particularly fast, not sudden, not explosive, and has mediocre hands. In the Bills Super Bowl era, he would never have seen the field, and may not have even made the roster.

Oh I forgot, he was a willing blocker. That makes up for all his deficiencies as a receiver. Lets put him on the wall then.

Yes, but he's not better, on paper, than the 2016 on-paper version of Aaron Williams. So, as I said, last year they needed 1 safety. This year they need 1 safety. The player they have is a reasonable starter. The second safety is hot garbage. All of the depth is the bacteria feeding on said hot garbage. Same situation as last year. Safety has not been upgraded.

The "on paper version"?

Come on moon......what does that matter when he could not play?

I LOVED Aaron Williams.....but Micah (who was very highly regarded by the packers) on the field is most certainly better then Aaron on the sidelines.

4-6

I just find the amount of wins interesting when we have come nowhere close to that record the last 2 years.

Our schedule has some tough teams on it but the overall schedule really is not that tough. Having a win total like that means you think teams that were not good last year are going to beat us....which frankly i dont get.

So we are winning 4-6 more games this upcoming season if you remove zay jones and insert woods. You must be here to just stir stuff. That's laughable.

And what's a healthy Sammy Watkins bring

Yes 4 to 6. Maybe 7. Sorry there are big issues on this team.

Yes 4 to 6. Maybe 7. Sorry there are big issues on this team.

No I am asking

If we go 6-10 with zay jones

How many more wins will we have if we had woods instead

Maybe your just back tracking now

Edited by mikemac2001

I just find the amount of wins interesting when we have come nowhere close to that record the last 2 years.

Our schedule has some tough teams on it but the overall schedule really is not that tough. Having a win total like that means you think teams that were not good last year are going to beat us....which frankly i dont get.

Jets - Win

Carolina - Loss

Den - Loss

ATL - Loss

Cincy - Loss (toss up though)

Bye

Bucs - Win (toss up though)

Raiders -Loss

Jets - Win

Saints - Loss

SD - Win (Toss up)

Chiefs - Loss (toss up)

Pats - Loss

Colts - Loss

Dolphins - Win

Pats - Loss

Phins - Loss

There 5 wins with a couple tossups

No I am asking

If we go 6-10 with zay jones

How many more wins will we have if we had woods instead

Maybe your just back tracking now

And i said 5-7 wins with Woods on this team too. They are not very good. Not backtracking at all

No not really ask me who is better for the Chiefs right now Smith or Mahomes. Then you can make it somewhat a comparison.

Woods was a very good WR for this team and very valuable with their Run first philosophy

So what's better for the bills right now you have just stated he records would be very similar with either WR

So would you rather have a younger cheaper WR who will be with the team atleast 4 years or an expensive Wr who will get your team to the same spot.

Same record for both WRs

One is younger / cheaper / unproven

One is older / cost more / didn't wow in the stat line /great in the run attack

You have stated woods wouldn't change our record and if did it is minimal so he doesn't seem that valuable.

So what's better for the bills right now you have just stated he records would be very similar with either WR

So would you rather have a younger cheaper WR who will be with the team atleast 4 years or an expensive Wr who will get your team to the same spot.

Same record for both WRs

One is younger / cheaper / unproven

One is older / cost more / didn't wow in the stat line /great in the run attack

You have stated woods wouldn't change our record and if did it is minimal so he doesn't seem that valuable.

Niether will Maclin. So i keep the space and roll it over to next year. Instead of signing a 29 year old WR with INJ ?s on a one year deal.

Jets - Win

Carolina - Loss What about Carolina makes this a loss in your eyes. They had a very down year last year.

Den - Loss Toss up game to me....but nowhere close the strength of when they were going to the super bowl

ATL - Loss Agreed

Cincy - Loss (toss up though) Toss up game

Bye

Bucs - Win (toss up though) The bucs were not good last year....why is this a loss?

Raiders -Loss Agreed

Jets - Win Agreed

Saints - Loss This team is ravaged from top to bottom....why is this a loss?

SD - Win (Toss up) Agreed

Chiefs - Loss (toss up) Agreed

Pats - Loss Agreed

Colts - Loss Why is this a loss...im actually trying to remember the last time we lost to the colts

Dolphins - Win Agreed

Pats - Loss Agreed

Phins - Loss

And i said 5-7 wins with Woods on this team too. They are not very good. Not backtracking at all

Jets - Win

Carolina - Loss

Den - Loss

ATL - Loss

Cincy - Loss (toss up though)

Bye

Bucs - Win (toss up though)

Raiders -Loss

Jets - Win

Saints - Loss

SD - Win (Toss up)

Chiefs - Loss (toss up)

Pats - Loss

Colts - Loss

Dolphins - Win

Pats - Loss

Phins - Loss

we get it you think the bills suck.

I would take zjones and maclin over woods and goodwin 100% of the time, not sure how or why anyone would say different. And how people can argue it doesnt make the team better is mind boggling to me

If we do sign him, this roster will have improved signifiantly since the start of the draft. White, Jones, Dawkins, Hodges, and potentially Maclin.

I think that the rooks have to prove it....but I have a good feeling about them.

Dawkins is gonna be really key here......if he can shore up that RT spot we are in good shape