Is the AFC East the NFL's Worst Division?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really can't argue with our ranking.

- We are still getting our act together (though things look bright in the future)

- Jets are a tire fire in every sense.

-Fish are going to come back to Earth, they are not that great.

Noo.

That's an up and coming division.

Jacksonville, Tenessee and Indy will all be improved. Houston will take a step back I think.

When you can win a division with less than 10 wins then I believe that speaks volumes about the strength of your division.

I don't think it's the worst but maybe the least competitive. The Dolphins and Bills should be around .500 and the Patriots are the best team in football. If the Bills and Dolphins are .500, the Pats 12-4 and the Jets 4-12 the division will be .500.

When I look at the NFC West for example, the Rams and 49ers are maybe 10-22, Seattle 11-5 and Cards 8-8. That would put them at 29-35. The AFC South could be the same.

One 10-win potential team.

Can't argue with that, the only division as such.

Miami won 10 games last season. And why is it so hard-because of NE, the best team in the NFL for far too long. They could dominate other divisions as well.

No, but it is Top 5

There a lot of teams that are no better than Buffalo but have the advantage of not playing the Pats 2x a year.

Baltimore, Cincy, Indy, Houston, Philly, Ari and Wash come to mind.

I truly feel if they played in the AFCS, AFCC or NFCW the streak would not be what it is. JMO.

No, but it is Top 5

There a lot of teams that are no better than Buffalo but have the advantage of not playing the Pats 2x a year.

I truly feel if they played in the AFCS, AFCC or NFCW the streak would not be what it is. JMO.

You're right.

No, but it is Top 5

I agree...that raises the question...Is the streak due to our own inabilities or due to NE....IMO, it's around 65% our fault and 35% NE's....

Three teams start every year 0-2, makes sense.

But why-because of NE. They could do the same in other divisions.

I agree...that raises the question...Is the streak due to our own inabilities or due to NE....IMO, it's around 65% our fault and 35% NE's....

Probably about right. 35% is a huge percentage to be that dominate for so long.

Disagree. Even if you add a win to our record every year we get swept by the Pats* we still only have had 2 legitimate chances at the playoffs in the last 16 years (2015 & 2004). That means it's about 12.5% on the Pats* and 87.5% on ourselves.

In 2004 we would have been 10-6 instead of 9-7 if we split with a team swapped with the Pats*, which put us in line with some of the wildcard teams that year, but I don't know (or care to look into) the tiebreaker scenarios.

In 2015 we would have been 9-7 instead of 8-8, and if we split with Houston, specifically, they'd have been 8-8 instead of 9-7.

Every other year and extra win wouldn't have made a difference.