My main reason for feeling optimistic going into 2017..

The upgrade I feel we received in coaching.

There's a big reason why though.

In 2016, the Bills lost 6 of 9 games by 7 points or less, including 6 games by 6 points or less.

Throw in a week 17 Jet game we basically lost on purpose, that's 8 losses and 6 were by more less 1 score...

@Sea VsMia @Mia @Bal VsNYJ

All were veryyyyy winnable games.

Good coaching and a better system over the chaotic one Rex had , and you can easily turn 3 of those into W's.

That's 10 Wins.

No crazy analyitics, just some facts, proving the Bills were an extremely competitive team and if you upgrade the coaching on a team that is close, it can go a long way in producing a competitive football team.

I believe we massively upgraded. This group needed more discipline and accountability. McD and Co. bring that, as well as a extremely high football i.q..

10 Wins is very attainable, stop listening to the chronic negative fan, that seems to prefer the negativity, and look at facts and legit bright spots, that show this team has the potential to be competitors immediately

Edit- The Bills won only 2 of 7 games by 7 or less points. 6 games by less than 6 points..

Edited by JerseyBills

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tougher schedule, completly new staff in its first season and teams have Tyrod figured out.

I'm thinking 4-7 wins, I think they will have to be real lucky to even match Rex first season mainly because Rex had a easier schedule year1 and teams really didnt know Tyrod. Teams know Tyrod well now, make him be a QB.

Oh, that's right , they figured him out.

His last 2 starts Buffalo scored 64 points.

He went to Sea and Oak in his final 7 weeks, 2 very good teams and 2 very tough places to play and easily did enough to win. The chaotic defense blew those.2.

Taylor can lead his team to wins. Point blank period

Oh, that's right , they figured him out.

His last 2 starts Buffalo scored 64 points.

He went to Sea and Oak in his final 7 weeks, 2 very good teams and 2 very tough places to play and easily did enough to win. The chaotic defense blew those.2.

Taylor can lead his team to wins. Point blank period

I really have to agree. I am on edge of the majority that thinks Tyrod is a good enough quarterback to get us to the playoffs. I think he is better than Vick when he was ripping it up, and I can remember that we all wanted Vick on our team back in the day. We just need a couple weapons for him to throw to and a solid defense that can hold teams under 20 points on average.

I can't see why this team with better coaching and a more solid D can't get it done...

....a solid football organization from top to bottom running the show will have a trickle down effect right down to between the white stripes IMO....although "on paper" so far, the young gun 40 somethings are shaping up to be the best we have seen since the Polian era......time will tell..........

Until you see Matt Ryan, Brady 2x, Carr, Jameis, Brees, Luck, Rivers, Cam etc etc etc will be facing us.

I get it, but every year a team that we're will dominate us has a down season, and vice versa. It's a tough excerise, and you can certainly have an idea, but it's not right to assume certain wins/losses based in a previous year.

On top of that, guys like luck, cam, and rivers don't make me too nervous. Even as great as brees is, his team hasn't shown a thing as of late.

Edited by teef

I get it, but every year a team that we're will dominate us has a down season, and vice versa. It's a tough excerise, and you can certainly have an idea, but it's not right to assume certain wins/losses based in a previous year.

On top of that, guys like luck, cam, and rivers don't make me too nervous. Even as great as brees is, his team hasn't shown a thing as of late.

Just because those teams have down seasons doesn't mean they won't beat us. We lost to the 4-12 Falcons, the mediocre Chargers and Saints etc etc.

Just because those teams have down seasons doesn't mean they won't beat us. We lost to the 4-12 Falcons, the mediocre Chargers and Saints etc etc.

That's why you don't assume anything based on a schedule at this point. A lot can change year to year. I don't know why this is so hard for some to understand.

If someone if predicting 4-5 wins just because the schedule looks tough, they're trying far too hard.

Edited by teef

In 2016, the Bills lost 6 of 9 games by 7 points or less, including 6 games by 6 points or less.

Throw in a week 17 Jet game we basically lost on purpose, that's 8 losses and 6 were by more less 1 score...

Good coaching and a better system over the chaotic one Rex had , and you can easily turn 3 of those into W's.

That's 10 Wins.

No crazy analyitics, just some facts, proving the Bills were an extremely competitive team and if you upgrade the coaching on a team that is close, it can go a long way in producing a competitive football team.

I believe we massively upgraded. This group needed more discipline and accountability. McD and Co. bring that, as well as a extremely high football i.q..

10 Wins is very attainable, stop listening to the chronic negative fan, that seems to prefer the negativity, and look at facts and legit bright spots, that show this team has the potential to be competitors immediately

Edit- The Bills won only 2 of 7 games by 7 or less points. 6 games by less than 6 points..

I hope that the new coaching staff is an upgrade, but I remain unconvinced until they prove it. Certainly this team has much more talent than any of the other Bills team had in the first year of a new coaching regime since Wade Phillips replaced Marv Levy. If McDermott is as advertised, then 10 wins are certainly possible. I'm just not jumping on the bandwagon at this time.

That's 10 Wins.

i couldn't agree more. i haven't been this excited...or optimistic in many,many years. coaching has really held us back. woefully unprepared to start the season against baltimore. then the games you mentioned plus oakland was all on coaching. not too mention the joke of a game the last miami game was......speaking of which..tt 26/39 329 3-0 showed me he can do it.

i expect to see maybe another 5-6 games like that this year. if he can shave 1.5 to 2 seconds off his time getting rid of the ball....from the usual 5-6 seconds, we will have a top rated oline and offense. i'm also looking forward to going back to that attacking 4-3 defense. i think we will be in the top 10 defensively and even higher in sacks.

schedule be damned because every year there are so called top teams that slide. i am expecting no less than 10-6 and i think tyrod's play will be improved tremendously.

Edited by billsredneck1