DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

59 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh boy, you two clowns rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic! 

You know, it's amazing how many times you try to claim victory for your 'team', only to look like a colossal fool.

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You know, it's amazing how many times you try to claim victory for your 'team', only to look like a colossal fool.

Ha ha, we shall see. I just hope your boy Trump doesn't do any more lasting damage to the country before he goes to...

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ha ha, we shall see. I just hope your boy Trump doesn't do any more lasting damage to the country before he goes to...

Yeah, that healthy, robust economy, lower tax burden, and lower regulatory burden has really been hard to live through.

Just now, Koko78 said:

Yeah, that healthy, robust economy, lower tax burden, and lower regulatory burden has really been hard to live through.

Hollowing out departments of government, engaging in criminal activity, profiting off the office through his businesses, perhaps blundering us into war, scapegoating ethnic groups, paling up to dictators who mean us no good, attempting to sabotage the health care of 30 million people and more. He's a complete POS 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hollowing out departments of government, engaging in criminal activity, profiting off the office through his businesses, perhaps blundering us into war, scapegoating ethnic groups, paling up to dictators who mean us no good, attempting to sabotage the health care of 30 million people and more. He's a complete POS 

Oh my god, he may "perhaps blunder us into war". The hypothetical horror! Think of the theoretical children!

Who has had their health care sabotaged? You do know there is a difference between heath INSURANCE and health CARE, right? Oh wait, I already know the answer.

• Haha (+1) 1

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what it looks like when the rats all turn on each other :lol:

President Trump unleashed on his former chief strategist and campaign manager Wednesday, issuing a long and unusual statement questioning Stephen K. Bannon’s mental stability, honesty and political influence.

“Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency,” the statement said. “When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.”

Trump continued: “Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base — he’s only in it for himself.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-slams-bannon-when-he-was-fired-he-not-only-lost-his-job-he-lost-his-mind/2018/01/03/21fb158a-f0aa-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_bannon-150pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.cfee27082d6e

Bannon is a nothing, now he's the Saviour and Messiah of Tibs and the usual collection of idiots.

Better to go through life with sane judgment and logic based on fact rather than jumping up and down screaming what the DNC and CNN tell you.

SO THERE’S THIS NEW MICHAEL WOLFF BOOK OUT, AND IT’S VERY UNFLATTERING TO TRUMP. And yet Trump had his lawyers send a cease-and-desist letter to the publisher, guaranteeing it huge attention. And as a result of some of the stuff in the book, he’s now in a WWE-like shouting match with Steve Bannon, who’s out.

So what’s going on? Well, unless you’re dumb enough to believe the Gorilla Channel parody, you’ve got to know that Trump understands PR, and must have known that the cease-and-desist letter would call attention to the book and give it credibility. So why do that?

Pure speculation here — as rank as speculating that the Clinton’s mysterious house fire was somehow connected to the near-simultaneous announcement of a new FBI investigationbut what if (as Jack Goldsmith suggests) Trump has never been the focus of Mueller’s investigation, and now it’s zeroing in on Bannon? The feud over the book establishes lots of space between Trump and Bannon, and if Bannon’s indicted Trump can say “hey we fired him already.” And since everyone seems to think Bannon’s the main source for Wolff, an indictment helps discredit the book. Happily for Wolff, not until after he’s hit the bestseller list. Bonus point: Trump and Wolff seem to have been pretty friendly for quite a while.

As I say, this is rankest speculation, but stay tuned. Or if you have an alternative explanation as to why Trump would act in a way he knew would boost the book, add it in the comments.

Posted at 12:24 pm by Glenn Reynolds permalink.gif  link

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

SO THERE’S THIS NEW MICHAEL WOLFF BOOK OUT, AND IT’S VERY UNFLATTERING TO TRUMP. And yet Trump had his lawyers send a cease-and-desist letter to the publisher, guaranteeing it huge attention. And as a result of some of the stuff in the book, he’s now in a WWE-like shouting match with Steve Bannon, who’s out.

So what’s going on? Well, unless you’re dumb enough to believe the Gorilla Channel parody, you’ve got to know that Trump understands PR, and must have known that the cease-and-desist letter would call attention to the book and give it credibility. So why do that?

Pure speculation here — as rank as speculating that the Clinton’s mysterious house fire was somehow connected to the near-simultaneous announcement of a new FBI investigationbut what if (as Jack Goldsmith suggests) Trump has never been the focus of Mueller’s investigation, and now it’s zeroing in on Bannon? The feud over the book establishes lots of space between Trump and Bannon, and if Bannon’s indicted Trump can say “hey we fired him already.” And since everyone seems to think Bannon’s the main source for Wolff, an indictment helps discredit the book. Happily for Wolff, not until after he’s hit the bestseller list. Bonus point: Trump and Wolff seem to have been pretty friendly for quite a while.

As I say, this is rankest speculation, but stay tuned. Or if you have an alternative explanation as to why Trump would act in a way he knew would boost the book, add it in the comments.

Posted at 12:24 pm by Glenn Reynolds permalink.gif  link

I lean towards it being a distraction - but I don't think Bannon is the real target in RM's investigation. 

What aren't people talking about in the news with this story breaking? I can think of several:

1) Iran (and our/GCC ongoing assistance)

2) DPRK 

3) The DOJ IG report which is still trickling out (due Jan 15 to congressional committees).