Mama Shady had a great Mother's Day

Don't overlook what you got, my mom passed. What I wouldn't do just to spend some time with her.

#CountYourBlessingsNotYourStax

Exactly! This is the 3rd year without my Mother in law and the 2nd without my Mother.

Don't overlook what you got, my mom passed. What I wouldn't do just to spend some time with her.

Words to live by.

In my case, Mom's going strong at 80+ despite it almost ending tragically 2 years ago.

Went to see Snatched (Amy Schumer, who humors my wife) with my mom and son today. We could have bought them fancy stuff, but experiences beat "stuff", even if it's a silly and somewhat raunchy movie with 3 generations present. It was followed by a nice dinner at home, with a lot of leftovers for mom and son. I'd call today a BIG win in the memory category. (And mom got a new music system a week early, so.....)

Went to see Snatched (Amy Schumer, who humors my wife) with my mom and son today. We could have bought them fancy stuff, but experiences beat "stuff", even if it's a silly and somewhat raunchy movie with 3 generations present. It was followed by a nice dinner at home, with a lot of leftovers for mom and son. I'd call today a BIG win in the memory category. (And mom got a new music system a week early, so.....)

Glad you had a great day. You can't put a price on the moments together

Glad you had a great day. You can't put a price on the moments together

Thanks, I'm big on the experience over stuff thing right now. My son found airfare to Paris for a week at Christmas for $280 round trip. My sister did that a few years ago. Cold and wet, but not too crowded. Memories > cashmere sweaters (or whatever the hell you may buy when you need to buy something you don't need).

So true....my mom is getting older and all she wants for gifts is time with the family.