What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

Then explain. My specific point was no QB from Texas Tech has ever succeeded in the NFL. And to counter that you bring up a QB from Cal.

Aaron Rodgers dropped because no QB had been successful from the Tedford system. Same dumb reasoning.\

Scout the traits.

The Jets are not a model for anything. Actually, the Jets QB acquisition strategy is to go dumpster diving like the Bills. That is not the approach I favor.

No one has a proven strategy. It's largely a matter of luck.

No one has a proven strategy. It's largely a matter of luck.

Imagine being Andrew Luck... The lucky horseshoe team has an all-time great QB go down for a season at just he right time to grab another amazing QB prospect, only to surround the new guy with zero talent and poor coaching just like they did with #18.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Jeff let's face it. These guys don't get it and never will. if you continue to not draft a QB in the first three rounds of the NFL draft and keep drafting corner backs you get the same thing over and over no playoffs. The KC Chiefs GM gets it. We get it Mahomes was the one to get he is the game changer QB you die to get. This will be proven out time and time again when Mahomes starts winning play off games. You can't teach a blind man to see. Your speaking Chinese to these losers who keep drinking the cool aide.

Edited by billsareback

Jeff let's face it. These guys don't get it and never will. if you continue to not draft a QB in the first three rounds of the NFL draft and keep drafting corner backs you get the same thing over and over no playoffs. The KC Chiefs GM gets it. We get it Mahimes was the one to get he is the game changer QB you die to get. This will be proven out time and time again when Mahomes starts winning play off games. You can teach a blind man to see. Your speaking Chinese to these losers who keep drinking the cool aide.

I think once the real games start people will change their tune. For now, you are right. This has been all laid out.

Im pretty sure jim jelly was drafted 12th and Dan Marino 26th in the first round. Mahomes was drafted 10th for a boat load of draft picks. I rest my case

Generational talents as far as prospects are Andrew Luck and John Elway and Peyton Manning...they didn't fall to #10.

Edited by billsareback

I see Mahomes as a Derek Carr type prospect who would be discounted by pundits for the wrong reasons.

This comparison continues to be way off. The worst you could have said about Carr's mechanics was that they got spotty under pressure. Mahomes doesn't have mechanics, they need to be totally rebuilt at the NFL level. It's the same problem Blake Bortles had and now we see those problems are preventing him from taking the next step. It is very unlikely at this point that his mechanics and footwork will ever be fixed. He's a massive project.

I see patterns too. I see that the majority of the time when teams move up to get a QB that it doesn't pan out. I see a pattern that no QBs from Texas Tech that have played in that offense have succeeded in the NFL. I see a pattern that of the best QBs in the league right now (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesberger), two were drafted middle of round 1, one was drafted round 2, and one was drafted day 6. And I see a patter n of someone here repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again and hijacking threads to do so.

This comparison continues to be way off. The worst you could have said about Carr's mechanics was that they got spotty under pressure. Mahomes doesn't have mechanics, they need to be totally rebuilt at the NFL level. It's the same problem Blake Bortles had and now we see those problems are preventing him from taking the next step. It is very unlikely at this point that his mechanics and footwork will ever be fixed. He's a massive project.

Andy Reid disagree with you. I'll go with him on Mahomes' mechanics.

Like some here, I think we may have finally found our qb. I was kind of shocked he dropped to the 5th.

Smart, poised and pretty accurate - the reason he slid was arm strength, and that is something that can actually improve, unlike accuracy.

Love his attitude, too. I saw a few pundits use the word moxie for him, and that's what you want in a qb.

How does arm strength improve on a fully developed mature adult.??

Are you saying in college were his arm strength is clearly on the order of Trent Edwards and not on TTaylor or Cardale Jones level, that they would not have worked to increase it with weight program, technique etc etc......??

That now the pro team will magically be able to increase his arm strength?

How doe this work.? Does it involve steroids or the magic water Brady pushs?

PS: I am excited having this guy on the team especially at 5th round value. I hope he develops. If as evaluators have stated, his ceiling is Kirk Cousins level, it is a big win for Whaley's draft.

Edited by cba fan

Jeff let's face it. These guys don't get it and never will. if you continue to not draft a QB in the first three rounds of the NFL draft and keep drafting corner backs you get the same thing over and over no playoffs. The KC Chiefs GM gets it. We get it Mahomes was the one to get he is the game changer QB you die to get. This will be proven out time and time again when Mahomes starts winning play off games. You can't teach a blind man to see. Your speaking Chinese to these losers who keep drinking the cool aide.

The tough guy shows up again. Best QBs in the league right now, sure HOFers: Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Brady. Middle of round 1, round 2, lower third of round 1, round 6. It is the guy you pick and not where you pick him. Some guys go #1 overall and do well, others bust. Some from lower rounds do well, others bust.

You've also been asked to show any evidence predraft that Mahomes was the best player in the draft. Not one site I've seen had him over Garrett. Put up or shut up time.

Im pretty sure jim jelly was drafted 12th and Dan Marino 26th in the first round. Mahomes was drafted 10th for a boat load of draft picks. I rest my case

They also weren't considered generational prospects.

I think you confuse good prospects and generational prospects.

You might want to reopen this case because your closing sucks.

Andy Reid disagree with you. I'll go with him on Mahomes' mechanics.

OMG you're back to saying Andy Reid does no wrong. Ok you're talking in circles now. This was fun. I for one am hoping the Bills give their mobile veteran QB 4 seasons before drafting anyone in the 1st round since that's what Reid would do.

OMG you're back to saying Andy Reid does no wrong. Ok you're talking in circles now. This was fun. I for one am hoping the Bills give their mobile veteran QB 4 seasons before drafting anyone in the 1st round since that's what Reid would do.

Andy Reid > Greg Cossell.

And Cossell was the one who all the anti-Mahomes people copied, even if they didn't know it. Dinosaur era scouting. No thanks.

The whole point of this is The Bills and Dolphins were smart enough to draft these guys in the first round. It changed there franchise for the good. This why me and Jeff keep trying to show why what the Bills have been doing is wrong. Draft Mahomes or Watson and you know have changed the course of your team. Draft a corner and we stay losers and miss the playoffs.

They also weren't considered generational prospects.

I think you confuse good prospects and generational prospects.

You might want to reopen this case because your closing sucks.

The whole point of this is The Bills and Dolphins were smart enough to draft these guys in the first round. It changed there franchise for the good. This why me and Jeff keep trying to show why what the Bills have been doing is wrong. Draft Mahomes or Watson and you know have changed the course of your team. Draft a corner and we stay losers and miss the playoffs.

You know nothing of the sort. Well, maybe you change the course of your team. If you give up picks and the guy doesn't pan out you change the course of your team in a negative direction.

If you don't think those guys are going to be good, then don't draft them.

If you think they'll end up being another Manuel or Losman...what's the point?

If you just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB...you end up with Manuel, Ponder and other reaches.

Time will tell if the Bills were wrong with not taking a high round QB this year.

Yes, Carson Wentz and Jared Goff were overrated. Just as Josh Allen will be if he comes out.

Is this not your list? Is this you saying you had Wentz #1?

One person I know had this QB board last year:

1. Carson Wentz

2. Dak Prescott

3. Jacoby Brissett

If you don't think those guys are going to be good, then don't draft them.

If you think they'll end up being another Manuel or Losman...what's the point?

If you just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB...you end up with Manuel, Ponder and other reaches.

Time will tell if the Bills were wrong with not taking a high round QB this year.

Is this not your list? Is this you saying you had Wentz #1?

That was my friend's board. I do agree that Wentz was the top QB prospect last year. I also think he is not as good as Mahomes.