Interview with Robert Kraft

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how good they are after Marcia leaves.

They'll still be pretty good - not like they are now, though. BB is still the best coach out there.

He said he doesn't want to be like Levy, coaching in his 70's. Hope that's true.

3-1 this past year :thumbdown:

it will take about a year or 2 after brady til they fall. Right now having an unknown backup come in and have some success isn't much considering this team can sign whomever they want because they all want a chance to play with Brady for a championship. Once Brady is gone players won't be lining up taking pay cuts to play there and they will fall back to mediocrity

Yes, it's the only metric we have for the moment. But over a season and marcia not on the sideline to coach up whoever, I'm predicting 8 and 8.

Maybe it's outdated to the point of being irrelevant, but they went 11-5 in '08 with Cassel at the helm as well. (and missed the playoffs)

Maybe it's pretty accurate. The 3-1 record would project out to 12-4.

Okay, I looked. Since 2005 Brady has missed 21 games, and the Pats* have gone 14-7 in those games. That W/L ratio translates to somewhere between 10-6 and 11-5 over the course of a single season.

Okay, I looked. Since 2005 Brady has missed 21 games, and the Pats* have gone 14-7 in those games. That W/L ratio translates to somewhere between 10-6 and 11-5 over the course of a single season.

I'm going to be optimistic and say with marcia out of the picture, not coaching up whoever, they are going 8 and 8 !

3-1 this past year :thumbdown:

That's a very small sample size. Didn't the Rams start out like 3-1?

Maybe it's outdated to the point of being irrelevant, but they went 11-5 in '08 with Cassel at the helm as well. (and missed the playoffs)

Which was a 5 game drop off from the previous year.

That's a very small sample size. Didn't the Rams start out like 3-1?

Which was a 5 game drop off from the previous year.

It's also better than any mark we've achieved since 1999. All I'm saying is I don't think they'll be instantly bad once Brady's gone. It might actually take losing Belichick as well.

He tripped and fell and landed on a backup from Michigan and a failed Browns/Jets head coach that somehow, miraculously became two of the greatest ever. Of course he looks like a genius in retrospect.

i honestly believe McDermott and Beane will overtake the Pats in our lifetime

I believe that too. It's been a pretty minor story right now because it's just another change for the bills, but - in terms of nfl history - I think the past few months have been profound.