NFLPA to focus on marijuana for therapeutic reason

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your take is terrible on this. There is a 0% chance that players will be using while playing. You obviously know nothing about cannabis.

as a longtime on and off user myself and somebody that has been around let me just say this statement is profoundly naive

i will bet you my entire lifes savings (about $74) that some players already definitely absolutely are playing stoned. that number would only go up if its legalized

once they develop a reliable field test for weed i will be ok with them legalizing it. the fact that you already know so many ppl that drive stoned ALL THE FREAKING TIME should tell you everything you need to know whether some guys will play football stoned

personally i dont drive stoned bc i dont want the responsibility of causing an accident, but a ton of ppl dont care. same thing with their jobs, many many many ppl work all day stoned or drunk. thats just reality

There is a difference between physically addictive and physiologically addictive. Biting your nails is physiologically addictive, herion and all the sweet, sweet opiates you r good doctor gives you are physically addictive. That's why you never hear of a pot head having to go through detox.

You come off as a grade A douche bag.

thanks. i don't frankly care, sophie.

Your take is terrible on this. There is a 0% chance that players will be using while playing. You obviously know nothing about cannabis.

saying anything is 0% or 100% is unpossible. common man.

you know some knucklehead would do it!

The league doesn't need to make any judgements one way or the other. They don't need to announce an updated stance on marijuana use or anything like that.

They would just need to stop including it on drug screenings. I'm fairly certain that's how the other leagues treat it.

this. simply this.

don't celebrate marijuana, don't bash marijuana. move on to the important things like banning sharpies in uniforms and fining players for wearing short socks!

who in the world gets high for a game? i'm sure smoking goes on on the regular, but being paranoid about players with in game use is a waste of time. there's just no basis for it.

kids in high school did all the time. a few wrestling matches some kids took a bunch of acid before they wrestled. the results were heeeelarious, including one guy stopping in the middle of his pen because someone was waving his coat and he started laughing at the colors.

I started at the end of this thread, but laughed enough (both at some stories and some opinions) that I'll have to go start at the beginning. Funny thread to giggle at... :)

I started at the end of this thread, but laughed enough (both at some stories and some opinions) that I'll have to go start at the beginning. Funny thread to giggle at... :)

i started originally, as you'll see then ignored it because these threads are always terrible... my god its a train wreck.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your argument was that players would be using on the field and it would be dangerous, hence the injury to the "100 million dollar qb." I can tell you that no professional athlete would dream of stepping on the field while high. If you think so, you have either never played football or never gotten high.

Plenty of professional athletes have been on the field under the influence of various substances. There is footage of Hollywood Henderson pulling a vile of coke "flavored" water out of his pants to do a bump on the field during a game.

As far as pot is concerned it would not surprise me if there are players who fly under the radar and take a hit before the game every Sunday. All the people who smoke pot aren't stoners who are baked on the couch all day. Once they pass the summer test and as long as they don't show up wasted no one knows.

Ever heard the term functioning alcoholic/addict. If you think I am off my rocker, there is a river in Egypt called da Nile.

It doesn't mean they are using it during the games.

Well if they wont refrain from using it to feed their faimily but they are going to refrain from using it because they are in a game. Read that aloud and realize how incredibly short sighted it is.

Well if they wont refrain from using it to feed their faimily but they are going to refrain from using it because they are in a game. Read that aloud and realize how incredibly short sighted it is.

Feed their families LOL. I'm sure Dareus and Laveon Bell are on food stamps right now.

But still the fundamental problem with your argument is they still have easy access to other drugs and they can still use them any time they want....but we can't allow weed.

"If they allow it, QB's could get hurt because the tackles are high!"

Edited by Teeflebees

OK, I'm up to speed on this thread. The funniest posts say that if it were allowed, guys would show up stoned for games. That's an all-time classic! If they are THAT stupid, they will already be high for the game. Trust me, there is nothing performance enhancing there.

The most solid point, as Kirby mentioned, is that it's an embarassment both sides would like to go away, but the owners will get something in return. How much is it worth to the NFLPA? It will be buried in with so much more give and take, an exact price will never be known. But there will be a price.

I'm not going to argue pot one way or the other, because that would be the pointless exercise I've just finished reading....

Edited by Augie

OK, I'm up to speed on this thread. The funniest posts say that if it were allowed, guys would show up stoned for games. That's an all-time classic! If they are THAT stupid, they will already be high for the game. Trust me, there is nothing performance enhancing there.

The most solid point, as Kirby mentioned, is that it's an embarassment both sides would like to go away, but the owners will get something in return. How much is it worth to the NFLPA? It will be buried in with so much more give and take, an exact price will never be known. But there will be a price.

I'm not going to argue pot one way or the other, because that would be the pointless exercise I've just finished reading....

and the funniest part is where the nfl will combat the allowance of weed with saying positive tests and other drug abuses will be met with more drug treatment programs, etc. in order to look more gentle.

Feed their families LOL. I'm sure Dareus and Laveon Bell are on food stamps right now.

But still the fundamental problem with your argument is they still have easy access to other drugs and they can still use them any time they want....but we can't allow weed.

"If they allow it, QB's could get hurt because the tackles are high!"

Right so you dont like mike argument and you choose to find two of the highest paid players at their position to pop for substance abuse. Thats a lazy comparison.

On e again i havent condone the use of other drugs or alcohol. You keep bringing that up as if it serves ANY purpose. It doesnt.

I can only assume you are referring to my posts as funny. Thats fine. 1. I never stated they would be stoned. Do you have to be stoned to be impaired enough to where your reflexes arent capable from stopping a world class athelete from destroying your team mate?

2.) Some of these guys cant pass a urinalysis which they know months in advance is going to occur yet millions of dollars and their career on the line, yet they wont partake of it before a game?

Its not realistic.

It's funny that of the 50% that smoke a small percentage gets caught.

Just because they do that doesn't mean that they do it before games.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I'm astounded people still feel so strongly about a plant.

for pain

you a bayer aspirin type of person?

narcotics?

or do you just tough it out?

you obviously know nothing about "a plant"...?

just for the record, I use it for pain and to help me sleep 4-5 hrs a night but I choose the natural course and stay away from synthetic/man made garbage.

to each their own.

You can take alcohol and painkillers without getting wasted.... probably 99% of use of those substances is without the 100% intent of getting high...

Not so for pot, that is 100% requiring you get high.

it may not be the intent but you will and are getting high on narcotics and alcohol. 100%

for pain

you a bayer aspirin type of person?

narcotics?

or do you just tough it out?

you obviously know nothing about "a plant"...?

just for the record, I use it for pain and to help me sleep 4-5 hrs a night but I choose the natural course and stay away from synthetic/man made garbage.

to each their own.

Knowing about plants is how I make my living. I know more about cannabis than you ever will. Trust me.

Right so you dont like mike argument and you choose to find two of the highest paid players at their position to pop for substance abuse. Thats a lazy comparison.

On e again i havent condone the use of other drugs or alcohol. You keep bringing that up as if it serves ANY purpose. It doesnt.

I can only assume you are referring to my posts as funny. Thats fine. 1. I never stated they would be stoned. Do you have to be stoned to be impaired enough to where your reflexes arent capable from stopping a world class athelete from destroying your team mate?

2.) Some of these guys cant pass a urinalysis which they know months in advance is going to occur yet millions of dollars and their career on the line, yet they wont partake of it before a game?

Its not realistic.

1) Yes, it's not heroin or some other opiod. Opioids are the devil incarnate, but are on occasion helpful.

2) They fail the test because they are stupid, but I doubt that anyone is stupid enough to get high before a game. It would be counter productive. But never say never, did Lawrence Taylor do crack at game time? That's not possible to be governed by league rules. That's insanity.

I won't pretend to be an "expert" here, but I know far more than I wish I did. For that reason, I won't go off on this topic. There's too much ignorance, and I won't take on that battle. People should know something before having extreme opinions.