Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

That I can agree on. Team needs to get their YPA up. I think some of it is on Taylor, and some of its on the receivers and O-line.

If the YPA doesn't go up - then we need to be a LOT better on defense.

Example: Dallas passed only 9 more times than us. The also gained about 600 additional yards passing, and completed 7% more. They were sacked less, and had a similarly efficient run game.

....the passing game needs to become a viable and effective component available when opposition shuts down the run or takes away TT's scrambles.....right now, it is NOT because he has yet to processing the entire field in <5 seconds to find open receivers.......I'd hate to bet guys break off routes or coast knowing they probably won't see the ball because he doesn't see them....

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....the passing game needs to become a viable and effective component available when opposition shuts down the run or takes away TT's scrambles.....right now, it is NOT because he has yet to processing the entire field in <5 seconds to find open receivers.......I'd hate to bet guys break off routes or coast knowing they probably won't see the ball because he doesn't see them....

All true - never seemed liek we gameplanned to throw the ball.

I'm sure a lot of that is Tyrod. A lot of it was also who our receivers are... and our identity as an offense.

The lack of screens, bubbles, swings, and just creative ways to get athletes the ball was telling.

Barely ran plays from under center, which takes bootlegs and PA out of the game.

Edited by dneveu

.....101% agree bud.....my skepticism is rooted in his ability to process the entire field in <5 seconds to find receivers open (WR's &TE's)....just not sure how or if you can speed up the brain's "processing time".....he is certainly NOT alone, past, present and in the future......

I understand AFL,

Peterman is a fast learner so...

Lets put together a tally!

Taylor :

(1) Can't process the field

(2) Can't see over the middle

(3) Can't throw with any accuracy

(4) Can't throw with "anticipation"

(5) Can't handle a full offense

(6) Can't throw from the pocket

(7) Can't see open receivers

Plus any number of additional flaws, all fundamental and crippling to his game.

But given all that, isn't it amazing what happens when he has a legitimate Number 1&2 receiver to throw to?

TT stats in the 15 games with Watkins *and* Woods playing : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

I understand AFL,

Peterman is a fast learner so...

....he could be the wild card in the mix.....sure I'd love to TT succeed in mastering the field read.....the passing dimension MUST be a reliable "go to" alternative to win games......investing in a receiving corp that is woefully underutilized makes no sense IMO...."run or done" and solely relying on TT's wheels is another 7-9 or 8-8 waiting to happen......

Taylor :

But given all that, isn't it amazing what happens when he has a legitimate Number 1&2 receiver to throw to?

TT stats in the 15 games with Watkins *and* Woods playing : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Solid logic and facts will get you no where on this topic around here.

Dude, you're speculating. Continue to argue that your speculation is fact if you want. Keep crusading with that if you want.

Crusading? Me?

Am I the one not listening to reasonable evidence? There is only one side crusading here and it is the cult.

I have been on this board 4 or 5 years and enjoyed every moment of it. Never had a word from a MOD, never been accused of crusading. But I am afraid this offseason I have just about had my fill of the CoT.

It has made this board borderline unreasonable at times and in my opinion has not been handled fairly at all. People who are genuinely anti-TT (and I am not) have been banned and suspended and yet people who are equally obstructive to genuine debate by grounding themselves in frankly unreasonable pro-Tyrod positions (like "they think he is a Franchise QB and yet forced him into a $10m pay cut) are allowed to do so.

Ban me if that is what people want to do. It is frankly ridiculous. If you can't make an evidence based assertion against Tyrod Taylor as a Franchise Quarterback without being labelled a crusader then this place may as well be run by the Bills top brass like BBMB (which incidently I tried for 3 weeks before finding this place).

There is crusading going unabated in this thread alright but I sure as hell promise you it isn't coming from me.

Crusading? Me?

Am I the one not listening to reasonable evidence? There is only one side crusading here and it is the cult.

I have been on this board 4 or 5 years and enjoyed every moment of it. Never had a word from a MOD, never been accused of crusading. But I am afraid this offseason I have just about had my fill of the CoT.

It has made this board borderline unreasonable at times and in my opinion has not been handled fairly at all. People who are genuinely anti-TT (and I am not) have been banned and suspended and yet people who are equally obstructive to genuine debate by grounding themselves in frankly unreasonable pro-Tyrod positions (like "they think he is a Franchise QB and yet forced him into a $10m pay cut) are allowed to do so.

Ban me if that is what people want to do. It is frankly ridiculous. If you can't make an evidence based assertion against Tyrod Taylor as a Franchise Quarterback without being labelled a crusader then this place may as well be run by the Bills top brass like BBMB (which incidently I tried for 3 weeks before finding this place).

There is crusading going unabated in this thread alright but I sure as hell promise you it isn't coming from me.

It's worse than EJ. It truly is.

Crusading? Me?

I dont really think Gunner is a crusader.....I dont agree with everything he says but I wouldnt put him in that group

Taylor :

and a lot of those games those 2 WRs were dealing with injuries.....Sammy in his first year with the fractured ribs....then the jones fracture.....Woods the last two years with the groin

Crusading? Me?

Yes. Clearly you are guilt free. That is simply inarguable... :doh:

I dont really think Gunner is a crusader.....I dont agree with everything he says but I wouldnt put him in that group

He might not be a crusader, but it's pretty clear he's crusading that something is a fact or is "inarguable" when, in fact, it's not.

Crusading? Me?

The issue here is you aren't even keeping track of this argument. No one, and I mean NO ONE is saying that Tyrod Taylor IS a Franchise Quarterback.

EVERYONE is saying we need to see more and he needs to produce better than 2016. And a good deal better than 2016 if he wants McDermott to keep him as his future QB and not draft a guy in the 1st next year.

If that's what you think I've been arguing about, let's just forget it.

But understand that you are CONSTANTLY talking about things that are NOT fact as though they ARE facts. And you keep on saying it. And you apparently don't listen to the other side of the argument. Evidently the only "reasonable" arguments are those you agree with because right in this post you call certain pro-Tyrod positions unreasonable as you slip words of speculation like "forced" into an otherwise purely factual statement trying to let yet another opinion slide as fact while discrediting those wacky pro-Tyrod posters.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Yes. Clearly you are guilt free. That is simply inarguable... :doh:

He might not be a crusader, but it's pretty clear he's crusading that something is a fact or is "inarguable" when, in fact, it's not.

The issue here is you aren't even keeping track of this argument. No one, and I mean NO ONE is saying that Tyrod Taylor IS a Franchise Quarterback.

EVERYONE is saying we need to see more and he needs to produce better than 2016. And a good deal better than 2016 if he wants McDermott to keep him as his future QB and not draft a guy in the 1st next year.

If that's what you think I've been arguing about, let's just forget it.

But understand that you are CONSTANTLY talking about things that are NOT fact as though they ARE facts. And you keep on saying it. And you apparently don't listen to the other side of the argument. Evidently the only "reasonable" arguments are those you agree with because right in this post you call certain pro-Tyrod positions unreasonable as you slip words of speculation like "forced" into an otherwise purely factual statement trying to let yet another opinion slide as fact while discrediting those wacky pro-Tyrod posters.

Okay so firstly... you think Tyrod juat said "sure take $10m away why not?" He took that pay cut because he had to not because he wanted to. This was his best chance to start for a potentially competitive team next year. Period.

Second... you are claiming Tyrod is a the Quarterback of the future. That means you think he is a Franchise Quarterback or is going to be. The two are one and the same to me. A Quarterback of the future is a guy so good you stop looking.

If you think Quarterback of the future just means starter this year and possibly next then sure, he is a Quarterback of the future. To me that is not what the term means.

EMO Fanboys..? You washed your face, applied a new mask and got right back to slinging mascara. Maury? More like Mugatu.

Your foundation is cracking already.

Not slinging anything just watching jfh and the bbmb CoT invasion go ham for 5 pages.

Have at it.

I wasnt chearing you on i was calling you out for your true colors to be shown so everyone knows who you are.

Keep commenting on things over your head.

It takes a LOT of crying to make that happen Ryan.....

Your right on schedule for another one

I'm hoping it comes right after yours.

You're on schedule to use you're properly by now.

Edited by Maury Ballstein