Get a Grip People

H2o

I support the spirit of this thread...

... But tread lightly on country music, friend.

People criticizing right now... Well those people probably complain that the sun is too bright or the beer is too cold. We walked in with 6 picks, walk out with 6 picks but get 3 potential starters and an extra 1st next year. But alas, whiners gotta whine.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Darnold

Josh Rosen

Mason Rudolph

Josh Allen

Those are your 4 guys to watch next year. Our two 1st round picks (maybe more, may just take 1 though who knows) will be used to get back into the top 10 (1-10) to grab one of those guys. I feel every single one of those guys is better than Trubisky who went 2nd overall. And I'm rooting for Trubisky and think he has potential. Just all those guys I feel have proven more with more still to prove.

Edited by 1WATKINS4

All of the incessant whining in these different threads is borderline stand up material. The Mahomes fanboys are sounding like one of those country songs where the woman leaves and even takes the dog. People are mad that we gave up a 3rd and a couple of 5ths so we could make two 2nd Round selections. It's like the TSW version of the trail of tears. Fanhood falling by the wayside with every step. It's pretty hilarious. Let's review.

A grip is definitely needed - a strangling one.

Sam Darnold

Josh Rosen

Mason Rudolph

Josh Allen

Those are your 4 guys to watch next year. Our two 1st round picks (maybe more, may just take 1 though who knows) will be used to get back into the top 10 (1-10) to grab one of those guys. I feel every single one of those guys is better than Trubisky who went 2nd overall. And I'm rooting for Trubisky and think he has potential. Just all those guys I feel have proven more with more still to prove.

Don't sleep on Brett Rypien.... Boisie State is my Dark Horse CFB playoff sleeper.

If there is a franchise-looking QB at #1 the Bills would have to have a top 10 pick plus KC's late first and a 2019 first and an assortment of other second/third round picks.

Two firsts wouldn't get it done with KC's being so late.

Cleveland and NYJ are the most primed to get to the top of the draft.

Cleveland made the better deal.

I think Houston could very well get their asskicked next year and end up winning only 4-6 games.......their defense is nice but that division is RISING in terms of talent.

Jax, Tenn......even Indy has gotten some good players in the draft for a change.

Really didnt know KC made the playoffs in 2017 already. That could easily be a top 15 pick.

I think you're making a mistake discounting anything outside of #1

Oh I'm not discounting it.....I've been following Rosen and Darnold since their elite 11 class and I think you'd find the first-ever mention of Rosen on TSW was me :flirt: .........but I'm just not counting those QB's until they hatch.

I actually wouldn't want the Bills to have the #1 pick without trading up for it because the top QB might opt to go back to college to avoid coming to Buffalo. :lol:

In recent memory, there are a bunch of fans on message boards, who insist every single year, a week after the draft, that all the new players we drafted are all superb, and will be incredible contributors to our Bills, lol

The reality is they have NEVER BEEN CORRECT!! - I'll let that sync in for a moment - So honestly, I think valid criticism is more likely to be the correct analysis than blind hope, as it's been warranted, driven by mediocre on field results

If that sounds negative, I apologize, I'm just trying to inject some reality about what you typically get out of an NFL draft, 2-3 players, thats it, and with regard to last years draft, so far less, again, I'm just tempering what I call typical message board over-exaggeration

And remember, every single draft trade up in recent times hasn't worked out, yet we are to suspend believe, and applaud having done just that twice yesterday? Don't get me wrong, I love the players, Zay and Dionne, I hope they become contributing starters, but it cost us other potential starting contributing players to acquire them, the same cost used to move up and grab Sammy, Ragland, and Graham, and others, not a single player that was so far worth the cost, or made this team in any way 'successful'

So I'm skeptical of the moves, more day 2 than day 1, which absolutely deserve criticism, because the folks who are making the moves, have no history as to having been successful doing them, yet they, and some fans, ask us to go all in, blindly supporting, as if every move they make is going to yield a 10 win team? Uh no.....

Criticize away, if you really feel we missed an opportunity to draft TT's backup and a franchise QB, that's a very legit concern, I disagree, but who is to say I'm more correct than you, don';t let the koolaiders drown you out - Make your point, I'm listening....

jc

Really didnt know KC made the playoffs in 2017 already. That could easily be a top 15 pick.

Meh, that's not KC's history under Reid and they got better and more talented last year.

Fwiw, Houston's could be a top 5. They have been living off bad teams in their division the whole time O'Brien has been there and that could be coming to an end.

Oh I'm not discounting it.....I've been following Rosen and Darnold since their elite 11 class and I think you'd find the first-ever mention of Rosen on TSW was me :flirt: .........but I'm just not counting those QB's until they hatch.

I'm not counting them either but there seems to be enough ducks sitting on that pond right now that we might be able to take one with the 6th shell instead of the first.

I actually wouldn't want the Bills to have the #1 pick without trading up for it because the top QB might opt to go back to college to avoid coming to Buffalo. :lol:

I hate you with a white-hot burning passion :rolleyes: