NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he did.

One of my all time favorite sports stories is Bobby Knight had a player on Indiana U named Landon Turner who was a good player but not great. The Celtics were his favorite team. After the season was over Turner got in a car accident and was paralyzed. I think for life. Bobby Knight, without telling anyone, called up Red Auerbach of the Celtics and convinced him to draft Landon Turner, which he did with the Celts last pick in the draft that year. Just a great thing that Knight and Auerbach did for the kid.

One of my all time favorite sports stories is Bobby Knight had a player on Indiana U named Landon Turner who was a good player but not great. The Celtics were his favorite team. After the season was over Turner got in a car accident and was paralyzed. I think for life. Bobby Knight, without telling anyone, called up Red Auerbach of the Celtics and convinced him to draft Landon Turner, which he did with the Celts last pick in the draft that year. Just a great thing that Knight and Auerbach did for the kid.

thanks for sharing that story with us.

Since Chad had talked about it being a dream to play for the Bills, I can't imagine that Jim did this without his consent. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Chad got pissed when the Bills drafted Peterman, told Jim that he wouldn't sign with them as an UDFA, and asked him to get him drafted, even if it was the last pick.