Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I love Falk's game.  This article actually highlights why I'm so high on him.  His benching this year I'm not for sure if it was his wrist that he did have surgery on after the season.  Or as Leach explained he wanted him to see the plays developing from the sideline, which would suggest he might be a bit too quick to get the football out?  I'm not sure.  What I am sure of is that 1) He can be as accurate as anyone in the class; 2)  he's played A LOT of football; 3) He's a grinder with a humble attitude that just keeps his head in the playbook and works; 4) his head is always on a swivel once the football is snapped so he's a field progressions guy - especially when you watch 2015 and 2016; 5)  He's a football guy and not a system guy.

I'm very confident that Falk can make a transition to the NFL X's and O's wise.  My biggest question mark with Falk is his frame.  As Zerlein accurately said, "he took a beating this year".  Of course, he may not be in systems with the lack of protection at WSU when in the NFL.  Leach believed/believes in 5 receiving options on EVERY play.  The Patriots run some of this, but not like Leach.  I'm sure NFL coaches will do a better job of protecting their QB.  In any case.  I like the kid.

He throws a nice football...

Well see if he can pack on the pounds and transition to an NFL offense

On 2018-02-01 at 10:34 PM, LEBills said:

I’m with you on Rosen, dude. Something could stop him from being great but he probably has the best chance out of the bunch to be awesome. Great arm, great mechanics, pro concepts, good accuracy, great size, smart, carried a team devoid of talent.

When Jay questions you and your opinions, just remember that he loved Jake Locker after watching like all of his games in person or something like that. Just goes to show that none of us can predict the future but your opinion is as well researched as they come on TBD.

Yup, Locker was my neighbour and I correctly predicted he’d be a top 10 pick. Have had Huskies seasons for years.

As usual I was correct. Never once wanted him as a Bill though. If you remember.

Me being correct. It happens a lot. If I were anyone on this board, I’d just follow whatever I said because it’s probably right.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yup, Locker was my neighbour and I correctly predicted he’d be a top 10 pick. Have had Huskies seasons for years.

As usual I was correct. Never once wanted him as a Bill though. If you remember.

Me being correct. It happens a lot. If I were anyone on this board, I’d just follow whatever I said because it’s probably right.

It has been a long time now so both of our memories may be a little hazy. Locker was a fun college player tho and really the bright spot that helped turn the program back to decency. 

i like your shtick most of the time, but Buffalo716 puts a lot of time into the draft and it’s QBs. Let him do his evaluations without acting like he is the town drunk, he could be right even if the Pac12 expert disagrees. I tend to think he is in this case.

12 minutes ago, LEBills said:

It has been a long time now so both of our memories may be a little hazy. Locker was a fun college player tho and really the bright spot that helped turn the program back to decency. 

i like your shtick most of the time, but Buffalo716 puts a lot of time into the draft and it’s QBs. Let him do his evaluations without acting like he is the town drunk, he could be right even if the Pac12 expert disagrees. I tend to think he is in this case.

Thank you for the support and his opinions do not bother me. He is entitled to one

as for Rosen. I do not think I have actually said much about him other than he has some really nice traits, so if people are quoting me on Rosen, I really haven't said much besides that. And I did say I love his mechanics 

I will do a full scouting report on him and I am not set in stone on him but I don't know how anybody can say he doesn't have some really nice traits

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thank you for the support and his opinions do not bother me. He is entitled to one

as for Rosen. I do not think I have actually said much about him other than he has some really nice traits, so if people are quoting me on Rosen, I really haven't said much besides that. And I did say I love his mechanics 

I will do a full scouting report on him and I am not set in stone on him but I don't know how anybody can say he doesn't have some really nice traits

Looking forward to it. Maybe I was projecting a little because I wish we had a shot at him.

Just now, LEBills said:

Looking forward to it. Maybe I was projecting a little because I wish we had a shot at him.

I would still love to have a shot at him 

he has 100x a better chance of succeeding than Allen and still a much better chance than Rudolph 

Its clearly Rosen , Darnold, Baker as the prizes... whoever drafts Allen will be disappointed 

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

he has 100x a better chance of succeeding than Allen and still a much better chance than Rudolph 

Its clearly Rosen , Darnold, Baker as the prizes... whoever drafts Allen will be disappointed 

Are you saying we shouldn’t draft Allen if he falls to us?

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Are you saying we shouldn’t draft Allen if he falls to us?

I personally wouldn't...

his flaws are very hard to correct at the next level...

he may be able to correct them but I wouldn't bet on it

Somebody will think they can mold him into the perfect QB though

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I personally wouldn't...

his flaws are very hard to correct at the next level...

he may be able to correct them but I wouldn't bet on it

Somebody will think they can mold him into the perfect QB though

Agree. Let someone else correct them.  We don't need to be that team that tries.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think we could move up to #2 for him. I think the giants would gladly take 21 and 22. Throw in next years one and I bet they’d do it. Hate losing all those picks but it’d be worth it. Same goes for Indy.

still hating on Allen I see! I would still take Allen at our pick if Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are gone. I’d have to decide between him and Jackson. He has work to do, but at that point every QB is a stab in the dark.

Just now, LEBills said:

I think we could move up to #2 for him. I think the giants would gladly take 21 and 22. Throw in next years one and I bet they’d do it. Hate losing all those picks but it’d be worth it. Same goes for Indy.

still hating on Allen I see! I would still take Allen at our pick if Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are gone. I’d have to decide between him and Jackson. He has work to do, but at that point every QB is a stab in the dark.

I mean I'm a tough coach and a tough evaluator. Sometimes when you back a kid into a corner, you see what he really has

Allen has physical abilities that QBs would kill over... but he hasn't learned to hone any of it in

1st round picks are super risky especiy for QB and I think he has a long way to go to becoming an NFL QB...

He needs to sit behind a Manning or a Big Ben or Brees and really learn the nuances of the position 

On 2/3/2018 at 6:53 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I mean I'm a tough coach and a tough evaluator. Sometimes when you back a kid into a corner, you see what he really has

Allen has physical abilities that QBs would kill over... but he hasn't learned to hone any of it in

1st round picks are super risky especiy for QB and I think he has a long way to go to becoming an NFL QB...

He needs to sit behind a Manning or a Big Ben or Brees and really learn the nuances of the position 

Assuming we miss on the big 3, who would you target and when?  Do you like McCarron or Bridgewater?

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Assuming we miss on the big 3, who would you target and when?  Do you like McCarron or Bridgewater?

I think both of those guys can be good game manager types.

Bridgewater is accurate but lacks a big arm to push the ball in the conditions. And he has a really slender build

In the draft I would target Mason Rudolph. We might need to use our 2nd first rounder to grab him tho 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think both of those guys can be good game manager types.

Bridgewater is accurate but lacks a big arm to push the ball in the conditions. And he has a really slender build

In the draft I would target Mason Rudolph. We might need to use our 2nd first rounder to grab him tho 

...damn Coach, you're GOOD......some of THE best assessments and analyses I've seen in a long LONG time......Jesus, my football knowledge would take up 1/4 of the room under your pinky fingernail......and I agree about Rudolph......maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Beane personally scouted hi at the WVU game and his bowl game.....normal protocol?...I have no idea......but he seems like their pick at 21/22 as the safe yet unsexy one, allowing this gang to maximize draft capital to fill many holes versus capital surrender to move up.....and I think (uh oh...dangerous) that the same conservatism spills over to FA dollars whereby a Cousins type is out of the question......think Poyer or Hyde as value FA pickups without breaking the bank.....

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...damn Coach, you're GOOD......some of THE best assessments and analyses I've seen in a long LONG time......Jesus, my football knowledge would take up 1/4 of the room under your pinky fingernail......and I agree about Rudolph......maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Beane personally scouted hi at the WVU game and his bowl game.....normal protocol?...I have no idea......but he seems like their pick at 21/22 as the safe yet unsexy one, allowing this gang to maximize draft capital to fill many holes versus capital surrender to move up.....and I think (uh oh...dangerous) that the same conservatism spills over to FA dollars whereby a Cousins type is out of the question......think Poyer or Hyde as value FA pickups without breaking the bank.....

Thanks bud I really appreciate it.

I may not be able to do calculus and I may not be an engineer but the good Lord blessed me with a vast knowledge and understanding of this beautiful game 

i think my father realized I had a football brain when he would take to me Depew/Lancaster games when I was a 4-5 (it's a huge rivalry, one of the biggest in the country)

I was calling out opponents plays from the stands when I was 4. ( I will always remember it was 4th and 6 and I kept screaming they're faking it! They're faking it!)

and they scored on a fake punt :P 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thanks bud I really appreciate it.

I may not be able to do calculus and I may not be an engineer but the good Lord blessed me with a vast knowledge and understanding of this beautiful game 

i think my father realized I had a football brain when he would take to me Depew/Lancaster games when I was a 4-5 (it's a huge rivalry, one of the biggest in the country)

I was calling out opponents plays from the stands when I was 4. ( I will always remember it was 4th and 6 and I kept screaming they're faking it! They're faking it!)

and they scored on a fake punt :P 

....I sit back and follow your lead so as not to expose my football ignorance even after 55 years of following da Bills & this stupid game.....Grandma always told me, "silence is golden sonny"...she was telling me to keep my mouth shut...:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I sit back and follow your lead so as not to expose my football ignorance even after 55 years of following da Bills & this stupid game.....Grandma always told me, "silence is golden sonny"...she was telling me to keep my mouth shut...:thumbsup:

My mouth has gotten me in a lot of trouble over the years... 

i cant seem to keep it shut when I have too. I never developed that thing inside your brain that tells you to just keep it too yourself... or so I've been told

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

My mouth has gotten me in a lot of trouble over the years... 

i cant seem to keep it shut when I have too. I never developed that thing inside your brain that tells you to just keep it too yourself... or so I've been told

....Evil Knievel was going to jump mine but backed out.......WAAAAAAAAAY too big ....:D....

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.