CALL NASA - intelligent life has landed in Buffalo

theRalph

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills finally did whats best for the team and not worrying about what the fans wanted to see.

We ended up grabbing a day 1 starting CB, position of need. He also adds value on the special teams side of the ball. By moving back to 27 we save about $6 million over the course of his first contract. Less risk if he does not pan out. We grab another 3 third in a deep draft and now we have flex ability in next years draft with 2 number ones. Home run yesterday by obd

Obviously the drought has fried too many brains. We've just seen the most intelligent bills first round draft in decades. With two 2018 first round picks, the bills will be able to select the top quarterback available next year and embroider his name in the red carpet a week before the draft. I've read a lot of negative comments from tonight. The cup of ignorance and foolishness overfloweth.

Outstanding post

I'm glad the Bills went this route. If the Bills are unable to make it to the Top 5 or even Top 3 of the draft by having a terrible record, then they would need extra picks to be able to move up in the draft. While they most likely won't be able to draft the first QB in the 2018 draft, they should be able to get the second or third depending on their trade partner.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193251-should-the-bills-move-back-in-the-draft-to-stockpile-picks/

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Obviously the drought has fried too many brains. We've just seen the most intelligent bills first round draft in decades. With two 2018 first round picks, the bills will be able to select the top quarterback available next year and embroider his name in the red carpet a week before the draft. I've read a lot of negative comments from tonight. The cup of ignorance and foolishness overfloweth.

...NOT according to some of the crap posted 'round here......and to think ONLY Round 1 is in the books........stay tuned...........

Cleveland will have the #1 overall because they stink as well as a top 15 from Houston because they will stink. We will have a 10 and a 25. Hardly enough ammo to get a top QB. Cleveland will get their guy and we will get the 3rd best. This was not a great trade for us to fall back that far

I like yesterday's move but this is accurate. Cleveland and the Jets will be in a better position to get next years QBs and will not trade down....even if we have 2 1st round picks. The best we can hope for is the 3rd highest ranked QB for 2018....

Edited by Iron Maiden

I like what we did, don't get me wrong. But to assume we are going to be able to get the best QB in the draft next year is crazy. IF someone like Darnold has a great year and is the consensus #1 overall pick next year and, say, the Browns have the #1 overall pick, I don't think they would trade out for anything. Not to mention if we end up 7-9 or 8-8 and the Chiefs make the playoffs again. We aren't moving up to #1 with a #15-20 pick and a #20-30 pick. It would take a more than that I think, especially if it turns Darnold or Rosen or Mayfield or whoever, get even better this season.

Edited by Mark80

I agree completely with the OP and that isn't even presuming that the Bills will definitely get their franchise quarterback next year. In this draft where there is a depth of talent, trading back makes a ton of sense. We got a top 3 cornerback at the end of the first round and picked up extra assets. Kudos OBD! Let's keep it going.

I like what we did, don't get me wrong. But to assume we are going to be able to get the best QB in the draft next year is crazy. IF someone like Darnold has a great year and is the consensus #1 overall pick next year and, say, the Browns have the #1 overall pick, I don't think they would trade out for anything. Not to mention if we end up 7-9 or 8-8 and the Chiefs make the playoffs again. We aren't moving up to #1 with a #15-20 pick and a #20-30 pick. It would take a more than that I think, especially if it turns Darnold or Rosen or Mayfield or whoever, get even better this season.

The Bills have a very tough schedule this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go between 4-12 and 6-10, so if that happens, the Bills will be in better position to make a move.

👍 Agreed

The national draft press listed 7 to 9 elite talents in this draft. That list did not including a quarterback. That same press has hinted at perhaps multiple elite QBs in 2018. The Chiefs will fall off this season. And the Bills have an opportunity to inflict one of those losses. Why "take a shot" at a quarterback in this year's first round that "might" be great when you have the opportunity next season to select one that "is" great.

What makes you say that ?...They've been pretty solid the last few years...nothing has happened so far to predict the demise of KC....odds are they'll be pretty good again this year and that 1st round pick will be in the mid 20"s......

The Bills have a very tough schedule this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go between 4-12 and 6-10, so if that happens, the Bills will be in better position to make a move.

1) I don't think we go 4-12 or 6-10......probably 8-8....

2) The Browns and the Jets are going to have bad seasons...way worse than the Bills....

But to move up to where? That isn't getting you to #1 if there is a consensus top quality QB. It will get you into the top 10 where you might have a shot at the 2nd / 3rd / 4th guy in 2018. Will they be better than Watson or Mahomes? The Bills better hope so.

Chiefs and Texans saw franchise qb. I liked all three drafted qbs. Now we may be in a position to trade back the assets gained today to take a franchise qb next year. Could have taken one at ten, but the fans for the most part still buy the "weak qb class" line even after three are drafted in the first twelve picks. I shall hope it works out. What else can one do? This certainly does not, as some foolishly appear to think, allow us to go get the number one pick. For that matter, the Browns have two firsts and three seconds for the 2018 draft. Meanwhile, we have surprisingly recycled cb.

What makes you say that ?...They've been pretty solid the last few years...nothing has happened so far to predict the demise of KC....odds are they'll be pretty good again this year and that 1st round pick will be in the mid 20"s......

1) I don't think we go 4-12 or 6-10......probably 8-8....

2) The Browns and the Jets are going to have bad seasons...way worse than the Bills....

It's possible the Bills go 1-5 or 0-6 in the division. The Jets beat the Bills twice last season. As long as Brady remains healthy, they'll beat the Bills twice. Miami got better last season, so they're no push over either.

Let's look at everything going against the Bills:

• New offense.
  • New defense.
  • 1st year head coach.
  • Taylor's well known shortcomings remain with no solution, no over the middle throws. Bad pocket presence. Can't see field.
  • Run first offense.
  • Ragland and Lawson expected to play roles when they were hurt all last year.
  • Three new starters in secondary
  • Tough schedule. Super Bowl champs twice. At NFC champs. At LA. Playoff teams late in the schedule. Jets and TB look like they are the only gimme wins. Jets swept the Bills, and this is TBs make or break year with a No. 1 overall pick at QB.

Really doesn't look good next year.

100% agree.

Brilliant move. I don't know how anybody can be mad about it.

Let's look at everything going against the Bills:

• New offense.
  • New defense.
  • 1st year head coach.
  • Taylor's well known shortcomings remain with no solution, no over the middle throws. Bad pocket presence. Can't see field.
  • Run first offense.
  • Ragland and Lawson expected to play roles when they were hurt all last year.
  • Three new starters in secondary
  • Tough schedule. Super Bowl champs twice. At NFC champs. At LA. Playoff teams late in the schedule. Jets and TB look like they are the only gimme wins. Jets swept the Bills, and this is TBs make or break year with a No. 1 overall pick at QB.

Really doesn't look good next year.

TB is a gimme win? No way.

Unless you know the teams at #1 and #2 need a QB and they wont trade with the Bills and draft them....