RD 1, pick 6 (2018): Sam Darnold (QB)- USC

major

The perennial wait until next year. I thought this class was supposed to be 2013 all over again wasn't it?

Where are all the people parroting that absolute tosh now?

The Bills and their fans have played the "wait until next year" game too often. If Watson (who will play some as a rookie) lights it up in Houston the Buffalo Bills will have some serious, serious questions to answer about why they are gunshy to pick Quarterbacks.

They talk about culture change and having high character leaders in the locker room and then pass on a Quarterback with all the leadership traits and character that anyone could ask for. And Mahomes isn't far behind on those criteria either by the way. What is that in the background? It is the sound of spinning wheels.

The media didn't do their homework and it turns out NFL teams loved some of these players. KC GM just said they got someone that doesn't come along very often.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is what Waltersfootball has

23. Buffalo Bills: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

2017 NFL Draft Pick: Tre'Davious White, CB

If Deshaun Watson can go in the first round, Lamar Jackson can as well. The Bills might be looking for a quarterback if they decide to part ways with Tyrod Taylor after this season.

Lol they have the bills picking 23rd? That would mean that they would make the... the word that no one should speak of anymore until the streak is over. Literally reporters should stop saying it, players, the team, anyone and everyone.

Are you denying that there can be a year that doesn't have a good stock of QBs, and conversely a year that has a few good QBs?

I mean 2012 and 2013 man.....

What makes you think that this is one of those seasons? The Bills crack scouting team?

The media didn't do their homework and it turns out NFL teams loved some of these players. KC GM just said they got someone that doesn't come along very often.

That "someone" seems to be coming around a little more often these days.

We saw Mahomes go at #10 due to what I've been calling "The Dak Effect". It's really because of Dak and Russel Wilson, but Dak's success last year is what "Allowed" KC to make this pick.

That being said, all of these guys in 2017 are projects. I'm thrilled we got an extra 1st in 2018 for what looks to have a couple franchise-type QBs in it.

And the media did their homework. It's just that no team is ever going to tell them the truth. It's a lesson we re-learn every year with all the draft hype we eat up, and then it plays out completely differently, and we all look for someone to "blame" for our confusion. When of course the teams arent going to show their hands.

That said, all these QBs this year are still projects.

Edited by DrDareustein

We saw Mahomes go at #10 due to what I've been calling "The Dak Effect". It's really because of Dak and Russel Wilson, but Dak's success last year is what "Allowed" KC to make this pick.

That being said, all of these guys in 2017 are projects. I'm thrilled we got an extra 1st in 2018 for what looks to have a couple franchise-type QBs in it.

I think Houston saw Watson as Dak 2.0 because of the intangibles.

I think Houston saw Watson as Dak 2.0 because of the intangibles.

Sure, that and his relationship with Hopkins doesnt hurt. I still think all these teams that traded up for the QBs this year were just thirsty for bad QBs. Lot of desperation this year and overpaying for projects in the 1st.

Sure, that and his relationship with Hopkins doesnt hurt. I still think all these teams that traded up for the QBs this year were just thirsty for bad QBs. Lot of desperation this year and overpaying for projects in the 1st.

Sure, that is the ESPN narrative. Time will tell.

Of course. And I wasnt as down on the QBs this year as the media and a lot of other folks. I think a couple can be successful, especially going into a situation that Mahomes is.

For sure. Mahomes went to a good home. If he isn't good I can't say he didn't have elite coaching.

@SalSports

I have little doubt trade Bills made last night is all about QB next year. Unless Tyrod takes a huge leap, they want and are taking one 1/

Read what McDermott said when specifically asked about 2018 QB class and that possibility and I'm even more convinced 2/

C-f94EMVwAAQIuU.jpg

IMO, clearly said, "we don't like this class, know next year's is good..how do we grab one but still try to win? Have 2 picks/assets" 3/end

I am not against the White pick. It makes sense to me once you have decided to trade back but the constant punting of drafting QBs high when we don't have one is just ridiculous. This time last year it was "wait for Watson he'll be great" now it is "wait for Darnold he'll be great" and by next year it will be wait for someone else and so on and so on and so on followed by "but Tyrod is the 20th best in the league" as though that means anything. Someone wake them up.

Agreed. Every year they wait for the QBs to fall to a particular spot and every year, they end up missing out on QBs. It's frankly insane.

And the media did their homework. It's just that no team is ever going to tell them the truth. It's a lesson we re-learn every year with all the draft hype we eat up, and then it plays out completely differently, and we all look for someone to "blame" for our confusion. When of course the teams arent going to show their hands.

That said, all these QBs this year are still projects.

But unless we have a top 3 pick, we will need to be very lucky to end up with one of them

Agreed. Every year they wait for the QBs to fall to a particular spot and every year, they end up missing out on QBs. It's frankly insane.

It's not that they miss out. They truly don't care about QB's.

The perennial wait until next year. I thought this class was supposed to be 2013 all over again wasn't it?

Where are all the people parroting that absolute tosh now?

The Bills and their fans have played the "wait until next year" game too often. If Watson (who will play some as a rookie) lights it up in Houston the Buffalo Bills will have some serious, serious questions to answer about why they are gunshy to pick Quarterbacks.

They talk about culture change and having high character leaders in the locker room and then pass on a Quarterback with all the leadership traits and character that anyone could ask for. And Mahomes isn't far behind on those criteria either by the way. What is that in the background? It is the sound of spinning wheels.

If the Bills didn't think any of these quarterbacks are likely "franchise" material, then why in the world would you expect them to take a guy in the first anyway? I am sure they don't intend to intentionally downgrade at any position if they don't have to. And they certainly aren't going to spend their first pick intentionally doing it. That would be crazy.

Anyone who has a beef with that should really have a beef with the Bills ability to "identify" talent for their situation. If they confidently thought the talent was there and the guy would turnout great, they would have pulled the trigger on him.

But unless we have a top 3 pick, we will need to be very lucky to end up with one of them

It's not that they miss out. They truly don't care about QB's.

Did the Titans or Eagles (or even Washington) have a top 3 pick when they all moved to #2 to get their guy?

@SalSports

I have little doubt trade Bills made last night is all about QB next year. Unless Tyrod takes a huge leap, they want and are taking one 1/

Read what McDermott said when specifically asked about 2018 QB class and that possibility and I'm even more convinced 2/

C-f94EMVwAAQIuU.jpg

IMO, clearly said, "we don't like this class, know next year's is good..how do we grab one but still try to win? Have 2 picks/assets" 3/end

Yep. Makes sense. And there is still a chance that some QB on the roster right now or later in this draft perhaps ends up showing he is franchise level talent.