McDermott: Teams Calling the Bills about the # 10 Pick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they want to move down but it all depends on how the first 9 picks go.

PIZ posted this Tweet from Joe B in the shoutbox: "ole draft day..extended version 22 Qs. Why 22? Because I love that number"

His thinking is that Joe B might be dropping hints that they'd consider trading all the way down from 10 to 22. If they do that, the'd better get a substantial haul of picks in return - like an extra 2nd and 3rd this year and a pick next year.

I'm cool with a move down, grab 2 picks and use it for a player and a QB, 2 for one like they did when drafting EJ. I would think Kizer will still be availible later in round 1, maybe get lucky and get Maho or DW. Cant wait till 2nd round for a QB though the top 4 will most likely be gone by the end of rd1

Edited by xRUSHx

I'm cool with a move down, grab 2 picks and use it for a player and a QB, 2 for one like they did when drafting EJ. I would think Kizer will still be availible later in round 1, maybe get lucky and get Maho or DW.

Um, I would expect that Kizer will be around until possibly the 3rd or 4th round. He's not even close to being ready to start. Essentially, he's this year's Cardale Jones.

I'm cool with a move down, grab 2 picks and use it for a player and a QB, 2 for one like they did when drafting EJ. I would think Kizer will still be availible later in round 1, maybe get lucky and get Maho or DW.

This, but Watson and Mahomes more so than Kizer.

This, but Watson and Mahomes more so than Kizer.

Love to see Maho or DW but think they will be gone early.

I like Kizer I know many think he will last till 3rd or 4th but Whaley always waits too long, if we get extra picks they can afford to pull the trigger before other teams scarf the better ones up. Top 4 is essential in my opinion, Trub, Maho,DW and Kizer are my top 4.

Edited by xRUSHx

Um, I would expect that Kizer will be around until possibly the 3rd or 4th round. He's not even close to being ready to start. Essentially, he's this year's Cardale Jones.

We don't need one to start this season, need a good one to sit and learn year 1 so he is really to take over in 2018 maybe the end of 2017. I also dont agree about the CJ comparison, Kizer footwork is by far superior and is also a bigger gamer then CJ will ever be in my opinion. CJ has a big arm and that's it, the trickshot artist guy on YouTube looked good on youtube but you need to be a gamer and IMO Kizer is a gamer unlike CJ who doesn't really seem to get it or even care to get it. Edited by xRUSHx

PIZ posted this Tweet from Joe B in the shoutbox: "ole draft day..extended version 22 Qs. Why 22? Because I love that number"

His thinking is that Joe B might be dropping hints that they'd consider trading all the way down from 10 to 22. If they do that, the'd better get a substantial haul of picks in return - like an extra 2nd and 3rd this year and a pick next year.

The trade value chart that many teams still use has the differential from 10 to 22 as a high 2nd round pick

Kizer will need at least 2 seasons on the bench, given his performance from last year.

I don't agree about 2 seasons but he for sure isn't as ready as the top 3 In Trub,Maho and DW who in my opinion could start this season even though anyone drafted will sit with Tyrod given one last shot.

You bet. Gonna be interesting. I'd move down for another 2nd rounder, more if we get into the high teens. I'm heading to B'lo tonight for the Bills draft bash.

More picks is always a nice thing. However, if they have a guy graded significantly higher than anyone they can get later in the draft then I'd just prefer we take him.

Would love this, depending on how far down/what value we got back. Only question I have is why would the coach announce this hours before the draft? Possible smokescreen or possibly trying to entice teams to get into a competition for our spot