Joe Thomas has memory loss

Isn't there medication for this? I'm expecting the medical advancements to catch up soon.

it's like a little cup of liquid you have, and when you spill a lot over the sides, there's nothing left.... (how i remember a former great's description of punk-drunkeness)

Edited by row_33

lol

I don't want a warning for taking this kinda political, so I'll tread carefully before making another statement on the matter...

Mom: "why is Ali in such bad shape when Sugar Ray Leonard seems much better off..."

Me: "well... Roberto Duran had to move up in weight class to fight Sugar Ray, so it was less punishment for many of his best fights..."

the ironic part is to me football concussion damage HAS to be akin to boxing damage, but I guess football is too holy and righteous to pretend this is the same kinda thing, so the universes are kept apart.

Hope this big mystery of football damage can be more adequately studied, now where can they find thousands of men damaged by blows to the head???

I don't want a warning for taking this kinda political, so I'll tread carefully before making another statement on the matter...

Mom: "why is Ali in such bad shape when Sugar Ray Leonard seems much better off..."

Me: "well... Roberto Duran had to move up in weight class to fight Sugar Ray, so it was less punishment for many of his best fights..."

the ironic part is to me football concussion damage HAS to be akin to boxing damage, but I guess football is too holy and righteous to pretend this is the same kinda thing, so the universes are kept apart.

Hope this big mystery of football damage can be more adequately studied, now where can they find thousands of men damaged by blows to the head???

Huh?

CTE... right there

Joe Thomas is not the only person who goes to the grocery store and forgets what he's there for. :D

lol beat me to it

i dont put stuff on my list bc im thinking theres NO way im forgetting that

then i get home and, well, you know the rest

Wow. This thread should be locked so no one else embarrasses themselves with comments like the ones being spewed about in here. Thanks. Enjoy the draft.

do you get offended as much when you simply walk out of the house? Honestly, maybe the issue here is with you and your sensitivity. Lighten up Francis.

Uh, I sorry. Sippysippy.

The guy chose football knowing the risks. Kiss the bricks, IMO.

If you were a miner and got black lung disease your medical bills would be paid for including disability payments.

If you were a policeman and got shot you would be taken care of.

If you were a fireman and got seriously hurt doing your job would be taken care of.

If you were a construction worker and got hurt on the job your medical bills would be taken care of and if necessary workmen's comp would take effect.

If you were a soldier and got injured in battle you would be taken care of.

In all of the above jobs the people were aware of the risks associated with the job. And yet they were all taken care of because of injuries associated with their jobs.

Your logic and argument don't hold to the standard of the real work world.

In all

hamsters run in wheels. ever thing about that anyone?

If you were a miner and got black lung disease your medical bills would be paid for including disability payments.

poor analogy. no surprise. if i was a minor i'd be happy as can be. if i was a miner it would be similar to getting arthritis in my hips because i wore improper foot protection. or carried a heavy belt. or worked hard and got a sore back.

i don't get shot. i'd be the motha !@#$in police, yo. i'd shoot you down hands up and all, brah

If you were a fireman and got seriously hurt doing your job would be taken care of.

volunteer firefighters light more fires than anyone else, they are pyromaniacs. i promise. read it right here. of all of them, this is your dumbfoundedest one. if i was a ballet dancer and i hurt my nasal passage, i'd be taken care of, too. ballerina's are real people, too, john.

If you were a construction worker and got hurt on the job your medical bills would be taken care of and if necessary workmen's comp would take effect.

if i was a construction worker i'd want to join the village people. something abotu singing in harmony with a bunch of men really excites me. if i somehow damaged my throat the night before, my medical bills would take care of me.

if i was a shoulder i would just hang out all day. if i was a solder i would be hot and melt. if i was a soilder i would be a made up word. if i was a soldier i would in the navy seals and i really want to insert that copypasta right now but won't because it'd probably not be laughed at. at the end, though, i'll insert a version of it.

either way, whats really f'n cool is none of the jobs you provided talk about contracted employees. nor do they spell out that the person retired and went on to get payment as part of a regular benefits package. your only barely credible attempt toward actually not sounding ridiculous is the miner. but even that would have to be settled in a ligation. and then paid by insurers, etc. unless it went class action, but who am i kidding, you're probably still stuck thinking about hamsters in a wheel, which is the very first thing i said...i know that because i just added it.

In all of the above jobs the people were aware of the risks associated with the job. And yet they were all taken care of because of injuries associated with their jobs.

in the above i went abover and responded to this nonsense. literally, these people were hurt on the job, with actual investigation in to their injuries and so forth. in the real world there are investigations and actual scientific data to hold up such claims so that others may receive compensation.

i have logic. you have carrots, a juice box, a really cool sticker and a nice pair of slacks. seriously, great pair of slacks.

In all

i never, ever - in a million years - understand why I take the time to respond to you. it is a complete waste of time as you cannot engage in conversation adequately and only selectively choose to counter arguments.

you really, in this argument and many others, just need to let those able to grasp the reality of it talk it out and wait until a conclusion is made. the part that tipped me to actually chuckle is that i do not understand real world work. i have no concept of what the hell that actually means, especially taking in to consideration what the !@#$ i actually do... but cheerio, pip pip, squeek and buzz. the buzzer is a really cool thing to listen to. waiting in anxiety if it will buzz or actually break in with russian nonsense. the squeeky wheel, not so much. i just miss the blow you to smitherings track.

either way, tomorrow, i have no idea what i am going to eat at lunch. on fridays the cool kids eat lunch together. its inventory so i have no idea what we'll eat because it's usualyl quick. like pizza. which is actually chinese. at least according to some cliche hashtagged nonsense i once read. similar to learning something from iron man 3. fortune cookies are american? hmm. so is general tso's chicken. american 100%! that's why i love this country. john, why do you hate this country?

+1. the 10s of millions he's stashed away can pay for someone to get his groceries...

nah, brah, see he done spent all that money paying for that new truck and that house. and you know those gardeners are expensive. and by the time you factor in having to pay all these taxes because god forbid you make an honest living making millions a year without keeping some... yeah, he's probably broke.

life choices are hard.

I think we were talking about posting while drinking,

were you around when i used to post the threads with whichever girl i was dating and we'd get drunk and i'd post her comments? those were the days.

In all

I would question a few of those, like soldiers who come back and have suffered things and then wind up homeless

And for some of those, sure you might be compensated short term, or get disability, but its hardly much to live on, and in most of those cases, they weren't being paid millions for a short term career that they could live off of when they retire, many of those jobs (minus firemen and policemen) don't have nice compensation packages or pensions either

hamsters run in wheels. ever thing about that anyone?

i never, ever - in a million years - understand why I take the time to respond to you. it is a complete waste of time as you cannot engage in conversation adequately and only selectively choose to counter arguments.

you really, in this argument and many others, just need to let those able to grasp the reality of it talk it out and wait until a conclusion is made. the part that tipped me to actually chuckle is that i do not understand real world work. i have no concept of what the hell that actually means, especially taking in to consideration what the !@#$ i actually do... but cheerio, pip pip, squeek and buzz. the buzzer is a really cool thing to listen to. waiting in anxiety if it will buzz or actually break in with russian nonsense. the squeeky wheel, not so much. i just miss the blow you to smitherings track.

either way, tomorrow, i have no idea what i am going to eat at lunch. on fridays the cool kids eat lunch together. its inventory so i have no idea what we'll eat because it's usualyl quick. like pizza. which is actually chinese. at least according to some cliche hashtagged nonsense i once read. similar to learning something from iron man 3. fortune cookies are american? hmm. so is general tso's chicken. american 100%! that's why i love this country. john, why do you hate this country?

nah, brah, see he done spent all that money paying for that new truck and that house. and you know those gardeners are expensive. and by the time you factor in having to pay all these taxes because god forbid you make an honest living making millions a year without keeping some... yeah, he's probably broke.

life choices are hard.

were you around when i used to post the threads with whichever girl i was dating and we'd get drunk and i'd post her comments? those were the days.

Holy shiiit! That is really scary stuff.

Your comment asking "why I hate this country" is lunatic talk. You need to get back into the bunker before the government assault begins. WOW!

Holy shiiit! That is really scary stuff.

Your comment asking "why I hate this country" is lunatic talk. You need to get back into the bunker before the government assault begins. WOW!

you take this and me way too seriously. :beer: