Bandit's Annual Mock

thebandit27

10. Buffalo Bills: Corey Davis-WR/Western Michigan

The Bills could go a lot of different ways with this pick, and I’m tempted to give them John Ross based on GM Doug Whaley’s long history of drafting speed receivers (and QB Tyrod Taylor’s affinity for them as well). Davis won out, however, as he not only has excellent speed and route-running ability, but the production is there: he lead the FBS in receiving TDs, was 7th in receiving yards, and 8th in receptions. For a team that did not have a single receiver finish among the top 50 NFL players in receptions, yards, or TDs, you couldn’t ask for a better fit.

A pundit/draftnik was on a show earlier today. When asked about what player may drop (dramatically) he mentioned Davis, but, didn't go into any details. Anyone hear anything about him that might have led to the comment? Simple small school bias?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pundit/draftnik was on a show earlier today. When asked about what player may drop (dramatically) he mentioned Davis, but, didn't go into any details. Anyone hear anything about him that might have led to the comment? Simple small school bias?

Recent injury and he hasn't been able to work out for NFL teams.

Davis or Reddick are my wants Bandit. But I will tell you this. This is the first year that I don`t have a clue who they want.

I am basing what they want on what Leroi says is their top 5 targets. Before he posted that I couldn't for the life of me narrow down where they were likely to go!

Leroi ? Who is this Leroi really ?

I don't know but he broke Rex before the National media and he said two years ago Darby would be the pick in the 2nd if he was there. He got referenced on Schopp and Bulldog this past week two.... someone off this forum rang in and said "a guy who got Rex and Darby right thinks the Qb interest is a smokescreen".

Le Roi is French for "the King". I have heard the theory it could be Russ.... which would be kind of cool haha.

Edited by GunnerBill

I don't know but he broke Rex before the National media and he said two years ago Darby would be the pick in the 2nd if he was there. He got referenced on Schopp and Bulldog this past week two.... someone off this forum rang in and said "a guy who got Rex and Darby right thinks the Qb interest is a smokescreen".

Le Roi is French for "the King". I have heard the theory it could be Russ.... which would be kind of cool haha.

Im buying a lucky guesser. Someone,somewhere would get fired over leaks now. I think the rat traps are set.

Im buying a lucky guesser. Someone,somewhere would get fired over leaks now. I think the rat traps are set.

Maybe. I just think you'd have to be super lucky to get those two.... neither were really thought to be the top option. We will soon know whether he is 3 from 3 because we have his top 5 in order.

I like the Russ Brandon theory. The King.....Makes sense.

Small school bias, he didn't do any offseason workouts. there are a few reasons he might "fall" yet still think he's in the top 2 WR discussion. I admit I favor Williams as he think gives us the Dez Bryant/Vincent Jackson type we've been looking for what seems like ages.

FWIW, it's not that hard. When I worked in sports I often knew the plan before it happened and I was more than a few steps removed. I would never share it prior but it isn't crazy to think someone would know. All off football ops (at least) knows the board. Now think about how many people they can encounter on a day-to-day basis. All it takes is "hey, here is what it looks like..." to start the game of telephone.

On top of that, he has been right and early with a bunch of things. I think that there is a very little chance that the board has changed since when he broke the news. The draft can alter the plans based on what others do but I wouldn't be banking on his intel being wrong.

FWIW, it's not that hard. When I worked in sports I often knew the plan before it happened and I was more than a few steps removed. I would never share it prior but it isn't crazy to think someone would know. All off football ops (at least) knows the board. Now think about how many people they can encounter on a day-to-day basis. All it takes is "hey, here is what it looks like..." to start the game of telephone.

On top of that, he has been right and early with a bunch of things. I think that there is a very little chance that the board has changed since when he broke the news. The draft can alter the plans based on what others do but I wouldn't be banking on his intel being wrong.

Yeah...lucky guesser he's not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.