Sal M: no QB in first.

JM2009

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe 5 QB's in this class have a legit shot at being good starters in the NFL.

Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes, Kizer and Kelly......not necessarily in that order.

The thing that I find intriguing is that some of these guys will be available as the draft unfolds into the later rounds.

Covered this in another thread but:

Number of drives that went 3 and out

Jets 38

Bills 39

Patriots 43

Dolphins 53

Fewest in league was Atlanta = 24

Most in league was San Fran & Rams tie = 59

Bills did not have anywhere near as many 3 and outs as people assume they did in 2016.

Bills were ranked 12th for most yards per drive.

As a unit, Bills offense was no slouch in 2016

Except Tyrod is an upgrade from Fitz and from EJ.

So.....

Seems to me like the Bills are on the right track.

And I am sure they want to make sure the next QB is an upgrade to what is there now rather than just close their eyes throw a dart and hope. What is so hard to understand here?

I've always thought yards-per-drive was an underrated stat.

And I think the Bills offense was underrated last year. Yep, Tyrod was wildly off target at times and didn't even notice wide open receivers at other times.

Yet, for all that, the Bills scored.

Fitz was given way too much time before they pulled the trigger on drafting qb.... EJ would have got the same treament but (we closed our eyes and threw a dart) with Baltimore's backup and he beat out 2 below average qbs for the job (cassell and ej)....heck there were fans arguing EJ should have been the starter in training camp when Tyrod clearly outplayed him.... I would not use that as an argument that the FO is on the right track with qb progression over a 9 year span

closing your eyes and throwing a dart would also be drafting qbs in later rounds.....

Even in the beginning rounds

lol. sorry but i work for a living.

right now work is extremely busy so i may get round to it and i may not. besides, you thought i gave an amazing response with my first one so i really didn't think a follow up was necessary.

this is kinda like telling someone to go sit in the corner in a round room. are you going to be alright?

Is this guy serious?

Scoring points is what matters most. Doesn't matter how.

Funny how the goalposts move. Tyrod scores points but Rex Ryan's defense is not evaluated that way.

Whatever it takes.

And the name of the game is wins. Tyrod has come up small time after time in must win games.

Edited by jeffismagic

Funny how the goalposts move. Tyrod scores points but Rex Ryan's defense is not evaluated that way.

Whatever it takes.

And the name of the game is wins. Tyrod has come up small time after time in must win games.

Not the last Miami game, his best game as a Bill. he won the game with a minute to go. Too bad the defense and ST were terrible. 15-14 as a starter is horrible, I know. We can go pluck one of those elite or HOF QBs from the tree in the backyard. This organization will probably never have an elite/HOF QB ever again.

Not the last Miami game, his best game as a Bill. he won the game with a minute to go. Too bad the defense and ST were terrible. 15-14 as a starter is horrible, I know. We can go pluck one of those elite or HOF QBs from the tree in the backyard. This organization will probably never have an elite/HOF QB ever again.

Miami game was an aberration. Miami were playing street FAs and ultimately Tyrod didn't win anyway.

Fitzpatrick, Foles, Kyle Orton, Landry Jones and others have games like the Miami game. Don't hang your hat on the outliers.

Miami game was an aberration. Miami were playing street FAs and ultimately Tyrod didn't win anyway.

Fitzpatrick, Foles, Kyle Orton, Landry Jones and others have games like the Miami game. Don't hang your hat on the outliers.

He was pretty good against Seattle and those guys said Tyrod can play.

47 TDs with just 15 turnovers and 1000 yards rushing is far from terrible. Quit bring up QBs like the Fitz-Taylor is better. look at the excuses you make up-the Bills offense put up 600 yards. Taylor did win-twice. The defense and ST were the sole reason for that loss. What is his reward for playing his best game-benched the next week because Whaley couldn't get enough of EJ.

47 TDs with just 15 turnovers and 1000 yards rushing is far from terrible. Quit bring up QBs like the Fitz-Taylor is better. look at the excuses you make up-the Bills offense put up 600 yards. Taylor did win-twice. The defense and ST were the sole reason for that loss. What is his reward for playing his best game-benched the next week because Whaley couldn't get enough of EJ.

Still, angers me to this day.