Pegula shows Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma the door.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Cal Peterson - I would expect him to go the free agency route, just like Vescey.

Maybe. If he does decide to leave school this year, a new GM will have no time to even try to get him signed.

But maybe he will also see some opportunity here now. The new GM won't be tied to Lehner like Murray was.

,an I sure hope we get him signed though. I still think he could be our future franchise goaltender.

There is a hockey thread in Off the wall.

Personally I think Pegulas should look closely at options when lease expires for stadium.

Press and certain portion of "fan base" will never be happy.

This is total garbage. Win and everyone is happy.

I don't see how that helps. Polian? Coughlin? No, we'll end up with some dinosaur past their prime.

I disagree because I think a sort of Czar can effective empower the GM in both franchises and assist in locating the HC for both franchises while not necessarily running their day to day activities. So, when there's staff meetings to discuss the actual sport side of the business the Pegulas have their rep asking the right questions, getting the answers appropriately and providing improved direction - essentially appointing a trustee of sorts while they merely sit back and enjoy being owners while the Czar is the only one with total access to them, if they enforce a chain-of-command. To me, this provides clarity for the owner and to the staff since the staff know they're getting good sport side information and insight. As far as dinosaur, for a Czar what you want is experience, but you also need one who knows their role - which is NOT a defacto GM, instead an overseer....

I disagree because I think a sort of Czar can effective empower the GM in both franchises and assist in locating the HC for both franchises while not necessarily running their day to day activities. So, when there's staff meetings to discuss the actual sport side of the business the Pegulas have their rep asking the right questions, getting the answers appropriately and providing improved direction - essentially appointing a trustee of sorts while they merely sit back and enjoy being owners while the Czar is the only one with total access to them, if they enforce a chain-of-command. To me, this provides clarity for the owner and to the staff since the staff know they're getting good sport side information and insight. As far as dinosaur, for a Czar what you want is experience, but you also need one who knows their role - which is NOT a defacto GM, instead an overseer....

Look at Jacksonville. Coughlin is the puppet master.

If we had hire Polian he would have installed his son as GM.

Let's be honest. Ralph's entire ownership reign was failure after failure with one small window of getting lucky in the middle. The Bills were a joke in the 60s, 70s, and early 80s. Did ok from late-80s through the 90s, then right back to being the same joke team that lost to the Dolphins for a decade straight (70s), and then the Pats for almost 2 decades straight.

um.. no. Bills were great/League best from '63-'66, had winning seasons early-mid 70's including playoff. Got better by the end of the 70's and were serious contenders through the strike in '82.

But I share your overall grief

Okay sorry the better part of half a century.

I have told you I have a very good friend that has had in the past dealings with the Sabres/Bills(more so the Sabres). He has even flown a couple times on Pegulas private jet with the Pegulas. He says Rusty has more to do with this sh*t show than anybody wants to admit. No offense to you or Kirby but I tend to believe my friend(he has no reason to lie)

I agree with this and Russ Brandon is like a snake in the grass....behind the scenes and he is more involved then he should be.

Until Russ Brandon is shown the door, I will view the Pegulas as clueless.

um.. no. Bills were great/League best from '63-'66, had winning seasons early-mid 70's including playoff. Got better by the end of the 70's and were serious contenders through the strike in '82.

But I share your overall grief

I appreciate that the Bills were good in the 60's. But for most fans that was before they were born.

No, I believe teams have 7 years of control of draft picks. Eichel has spent 2 years here. So in 5 years if we are still bad he will leave. He will be 25 years old and in his prime.

he has 1 more season on his rookie contract. after that he is an RFA and we control his rights. we will match any offer given (which doesnt happen much in the NHL) and retain him. Maybe after that second contract when he is a UFA, but we'll see where the team is then. Not much to worry about with Jack right now, his side has little to no power.

he has 1 more season on his rookie contract. after that he is an RFA and we control his rights. we will match any offer given (which doesnt happen much in the NHL) and retain him. Maybe after that second contract when he is a UFA, but we'll see where the team is then. Not much to worry about with Jack right now, his side has little to no power.

I am not worried about next year. But if we pick a bad GM (and based on Pegulas track record very possible) Jack will be on his way to Boston or New York.