Pegula shows Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma the door.

I can't believe TM was fired at such a critical time.

Expansion draft , regular draft , wheeling and dealing trades to be made

Maybe he should have tried not sucking or tried not being obnoxious, or both.

I wonder if he talked down to Terry and Kim at their meeting. Why not? He talks down to everyone else.

You left out the part where having 2+ billion to blow on pro sports franchises might be a barrier to "everyone" doing it...

At least your boy Kraft married into money.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No to Lombardi. I like Sutter's win loss but his style will piss off Eichel.

That's the litmus test?

They're getting the gang back together, Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff here they come. They are pry still getting paid from the last contracts before getting canned.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

That's the litmus test?

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

No, but it should be a major consideration. Remember that Edmonton fired people, changed org structure, and finally got going once they won McDavid. You get a top 3-4 player in the NHL and they get special treatment and consideration.

I want a young coach who will run and gun. So far one name that I like for that is Sheldon Keefe.

I haven't watched hockey in years but would like to get back into it. The last time I was interested in hockey was like 5 years ago when I lived in DC and could go watch the Caps. Are we as terrible as everyone says? I need a primer on the Sabres, can somebody recommend a place I can read up on the team that has decent info?

Agree w run and gun hockey, enough with the 'system' dominating play.

Unshackle Jack!!

Sabres have not only been bad but boring. I think we have the pieces to dominate people with speed and skill.

Eichel, O'Reilly, Carrier, Baptiste, Nylander, Reinhart, Kane, Okposo, Bailey, etc

I haven't watched hockey in years but would like to get back into it. The last time I was interested in hockey was like 5 years ago when I lived in DC and could go watch the Caps. Are we as terrible as everyone says? I need a primer on the Sabres, can somebody recommend a place I can read up on the team that has decent info?

Sabres got to within 3 points of Toronto (and the 8th playoff slot) coming out of their "bye week." They immediately crapped the bed, losing games to two of the worst teams and basically played .333 hockey the rest of the way. So they were sort-of in it but blew it toward the end, amidst whispers that the team hated coach Dan Bylsma.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sabres got to within 3 points of Toronto (and the 8th playoff slot) coming out of their "bye week." They immediately crapped the bed, losing games to two of the worst teams and basically played .333 hockey the rest of the way. So they were sort-of in it but blew it toward the end, amidst whispers that the team hated coach Dan Bylsma.

Thanks. Choking down the stretch seems par for the course for BUF teams.

I guess they need to hire a "players coach", that worked out so well with Rex didn't it. SMFH

The Sabres have one of the top young talents in the game in Jack Eichel. They have a young star defenseman in Rasmus Ristolainen. They have a great 2 way center (kind of like the old Drury) in O'Reilly. Another 21 year old 2-way center in Reinhart(who was played out of position). They have a ton of young, fast players that are in Rochester and can contribute next year in Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Carrier, and Erod.

They lack defensive help and need at least 2-3 more good players. They will get one in Murray 2nd round pick Guhle who looks like a great young player.

If Pegs wants a Buffalo connection, Chris Drury is an up and comer in the Rangers FO, Jason Botterill from Pittsburgh, for HC, Nashville's asst. coach, Phil Housley are all possibilities, as is Boston College's Dan Quinn

Guest NeckBeard

Sabres have not only been bad but boring. I think we have the pieces to dominate people with speed and skill.

Eichel, O'Reilly, Carrier, Baptiste, Nylander, Reinhart, Kane, Okposo, Bailey, etc

There is another parallel here: many good pieces, don't know how they fit into the puzzle. As a fan, it's maddening. I wonder what the organization's takes are.

No problem. Sabres are much closer than people realize. If they hire the right coach and trade for a defenseman or 2 they can be a playoff team next year.

The Bills could be like this as well. Or not, depending on whose stuff you read.

There is another parallel here: many good pieces, don't know how they fit into the puzzle. As a fan, it's maddening. I wonder what the organization's takes are.

The Bills could be like this as well. Or not, depending on whose stuff you read.

The Sabres have the young, franchise center. The Bills do not have the equivalent, a young franchise QB.

If Pegs wants a Buffalo connection, Chris Drury is an up and comer in the Rangers FO, Jason Botterill from Pittsburgh, for HC, Nashville's asst. coach, Phil Housley are all possibilities, as is Boston College's Dan Quinn

....good work!......wonder about Drury though......he did not re-sign with Sabres because is wife absolutely hated living in Buffalo, opting for Rangers & Big Apple....BUT....maybe things have changed.....just say no to Milbury & Nolan......Cunneyworth was a grinder but leave him in personnel..........Phil is an interesting prospect.............