Softballs aren't soft

Just Jack

I played softball for one season with my newlywed bride, on her attorney employers team. Was up to bat and drilled the female pitcher in the ankle. HARD. I realized what had happened by the time I rounded first, and by the time I reached third I felt too bad to keep running. There was no umpire to stop play, and everyone on defense ran to this little cuties aid so I could have had an infield home run, but I held up at third out of guilt. I did get an RBI.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

I pitched fastpitch softball for 12 years. Luckily I never had a ball come back at me like that. On the women's game, she is only about 36-38 feet away from the plate when she let's go of the ball.

I'm surprised you don't hear MORE about this.

I played softball for one season with my newlywed bride, on her attorney employers team. Was up to bat and drilled the female pitcher in the ankle. HARD. I realized what had happened by the time I rounded first, and by the time I reached third I felt too bad to keep running. There was no umpire to stop play, and everyone on defense ran to this little cuties aid so I could have had an infield home run, but I held up at third out of guilt. I did get an RBI.

ha ha....It took you all the way to third base to feel guilty? that is classic!!! I can see it now...rounding 1st..."Yes, I hit the hell out of that ball"....rounding sencond..."pitcher still down, teammates concerned, I got third easily"...rounding third..."better not be a d!ck, 1 RBI is still good"...

That was a great morning laugh, thanks for that.... :w00t:

Edited by ricojes

ha ha....It took you all the way to third base to feel guilty? that is classic!!! I can see it now...rounding 1st..."Yes, I hit the hell out of that ball"....rounding sencond..."pitcher still down, teammates concerned, I got third easily"...rounding third..."better not be a d!ck, 1 RBI is still good"...

Not to mention that by the time he got to third he probably needed a cigarette anyway.

This is an awesome story. Literally laughing out loud at my desk.

It is funnier to read it the way you put it! LOL. The damn ball bounced so hard on think I had to duck under it as I was running to first! I just wish it was my now ex wife on the pitchers mound!

I pitched in a highly competitive men's league and in weekend tournaments for 7 years, we (the pitchers) wore masks to protect our faces...I took one off of the thigh once, the bruise lasted two months and you could see the laces, it was awful, I miss it.

If anyone ever played a game at St. Leo's , you'd know that as the sun sets it's directly in the fielder's eye's, making it especially dangerous for the pitcher. We played there once and this one guy was just smacking line drives right around our pitcher's head, so we walked him his last two times and their team was pissed. I am sorry but it's hard enough for pitcher to field a line drive, but being blinded by the sun was even worse. So glad that field no longer exists...

I pitched in a highly competitive men's league and in weekend tournaments for 7 years, we (the pitchers) wore masks to protect our faces...I took one off of the thigh once, the bruise lasted two months and you could see the laces, it was awful, I miss it.

takes a special type to play goalie or catcher...