Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

Here's my take on all of this. We still have J. Williams to take over as our #2 who I think is just as capable of a RB as MG was. We get an extra draft pick to help fill depth which is an obvious problem. And we still have our workhorse in Shady. Not seeing many problems here...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but when he had to carry the load when McCoy was hurt, he wasn't nearly effective as he was a complementary back

Take out the 24 carries for 28 yards game against a great jets d-line in a game when the playoffs were on the line, and he had 43 carries for 223 yards in games mccoy didn't start or left early. Do the math.

I don't see them doing anything when they get there... If as a fan you'll be happy that the Bills just make the playoff's and that's your goal, meh, what's the point.

After 17 years that should be every fan's goal-make the playoffs. All of a sudden it's SB or bust. That is ridiculous. You got a long wait with Tom Brady in the AFC. I hate to tell you that.

Here's my take on all of this. We still have J. Williams to take over as our #2 who I think is just as capable of a RB as MG was. We get an extra draft pick to help fill depth which is an obvious problem. And we still have our workhorse in Shady. Not seeing many problems here...

I don't think Williams is as good. He's shown nothing to think that.

They basically said they'd rather have a 5th rd pick rather than a backup rb for 1 season. Fair trade to me. Gillislee wasn't isnt going to win us a super bowl this year:

Huh? Most fifth rounders don't last more than a season in the nfl. Gillislee is actually good.

Patriots about to overpay a backup RB and the Bills are about to steal a draft ick from the Patriots.

Whaley's history with fifth round picks is bad. MG is better than that fifth round pick. Shouldn't have come to this anyways.

Been a fan for longer then 17 years...

You do know that 17 is the current playoff drought?

They basically said they'd rather have a 5th rd pick rather than a backup rb for 1 season. Fair trade to me. Gillislee wasn't isnt going to win us a super bowl this year:

For $3.2M per year he better win us a Super Bowl NOW.

Otherwise give me the pick that yields a player of his production a good 5% of the time or so.

Hot thoughts. :thumbsup:

I know, that's my point. It would have been cheaper to give him the 2nd round tender than to have to match this deal.

Because the Pats are seriously overpaying for the guy. Should the Bills do the same?

I'm not sure of the rules but do they have to exactly match the offer or put a deal together that's better?