JuJu: not "on that beat" of Buffalo weather

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) cold and snow suck. The best things about Florida and California is their weather.

2). Buffalo winters aren't as bad as they are made out to be. But winter just sucks in general.

3) if you are winning, no one cares about the weather.

2 years ago we had 78" in 48 hours. Thats some snow!

I'm not a fan of being stifling hot 6 months of the year, living with mosquitos as big as your hand and gators that reside in every swimming pool, pond and golf course either...

Last thing I need is to worry about walking down the road and becoming gator bait...

Better than the threat of being eaten alive by a polar bear.

I have said it before, I like Woods coming out more, but Ju-Ju is one tough SOB and I really do think in Dennison offense Ju-Ju could be a very reliable target.

I see him as a slightly taller Doug Baldwin

We just need a guy that can be that number 2 guy that takes advantage of Watkins double coverage and doesnt dissapear when he is the number 1 target

I'm not a fan of being stifling hot 6 months of the year, living with mosquitos as big as your hand and gators that reside in every swimming pool, pond and golf course either...

Last thing I need is to worry about walking down the road and becoming gator bait...

Yeah man sunshine is horrible, I wish we had 300 cloudy days and 6 months of freezing temps instead of sunshine and hot women

2 years ago we had 78" in 48 hours. Thats some snow!

My backyard had grass and leaves during that storm. I woke up to a lot of "are you ok" on facebook and twitter and went... "what!?" I had to turn on the news to see what they were asking about. A lot depends on what side of Rt 20 you live...

i was a ski patroller and i love winter so as long as it aint ice raining i like the weather here. though i have to admit the stunning majesty of the hours after an ice storm is the stuff of visual artistry. but i also love summer and its nice that you can comfortably do stuff outside here most days in summer. we forget that ppl travel here in the fall to view the natural beauty we are blessed with in that season. spring is actually my least favorite, its slushy and muddy and massively unpredictable. thats a fair price i guess for having the awesome variety the other three seasons

That's not a good thing to say, when you're waiting to get drafted... Kind of makes me feel like he's soft. I don't care where you grew up, be a man. Regardless of what team drafts you, you're going to end up playing in Cold Weather throughout the season.. That's a dumb statement for him to make and if I were a NFL GM, I'd have a major concern with that comment.. Personally, I don't like the cold either, who does? But as an NFL player/Grown man.. you gotta deal with it. PERIOD

because he's not a fan of cold weather? Only Buffalo people would take this as an insult and get fired up about it. Jim Kelly wished Buffalo didn't draft him and signed with a different league just to avoid Buffalo

Bart Start was from Alabama and Brett Favre was from Mississippi. Two of the best cold weather QBs ever.

Fred Jackson is from Dallas. Thurman was from Houston (even hotter). No weather problems for them in Buffalo.

The weather thing is overrated IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

Same here. Florida was not for me. Way too hot in the summer, like waaayyyy too hot (for me, anyway).

We had gators right in the creeks/rivers by us. I lived right on the St. John's river and this other smaller creek near by that fed into it and that creek was pretty infested with gators. I couldn't even let me dog out on his own because of them. We had a couple guys lose their dogs to gators around where I lived.

Lots of different plant, animal & insect life as well, and not being a local I didn't know about much of it.

Like those damn fire ants, and chiggers (little bugs that lay in the grass and imbed themselves under your skin and ITCH for a week) and black widows & brown recluses and those swarms of love bugs that are like super glue to everything they hit, and poison oaks & ivy's

All sorts of weird things I knew nothing about. None of it was that big of a deal, but it was definitely something I wasn't used to. A lot more crap you have to watch out for. But there was also lots of cool animal life too.

The main thing for me was the heat. 95-100 degrees and super muggy is just not for me. You didn't want to leave the a/c (or the water at the beach/pool etc).

But I loved living in the Bay Area of California. It felt like it was 70 and sunny year round. Perfect weather out there. LA area/southern CA is much hotter though.

If I was born and raised in Long Beach, I would say the same thing.

hell I was born and raised in Cheektowaga and I say the same thing..... compared to where I've lived (Dallas, Chicago, DC suburbs (Now)), I can safely say WNY weather is bad; no way around it. June , July and August are outstanding, the other 9 months are, well, you know.... and we know that most NFL talent comes from the SEC, PAC10, these rock stars don't want to come to WNY if they can avoid it.... big problem...

Edited by jmcraig44

no kidding

Bart Start was from Alabama and Brett Favre was from Mississippi. Two of the best cold weather QBs ever.

Fred Jackson is from Dallas. Thurman was from Houston (even hotter). No weather problems for them in Buffalo.

The weather thing is overrated IMHO.

I agree the weather thing is, but the character & heart of the player isn't. Those other guys you mentioned are all at the very top of the heap in that category. Most players aren't.