ESPN Sportscenter Draft Simulation

I watched the ESPN special that simulates the draft and they did mock drafts with draft rooms for the Browns, 49ers, Jets, and Saints. It was pretty interesting and seemed to fall more in line with what would happen in a real draft as it differed from a lot of the mocks out there. What was interesting is that as the draft went on they had the Bills taking Hasaan Reddick in a all instances. I know he's a good player, but is it possible that Polian knows anything at all about what they want to do? Reddick is a good player but I see him getting drafted more in the teens. Would that be a reach over a guy like Foster? I don't know too much about him

Edited by BeastMode54

I watched the ESPN special that simulates the draft and they did mock drafts with draft rooms for the Browns, 49ers, Jets, and Saints. It was pretty interesting and seemed to fall more in line with what would happen in a real draft as it differed from a lot of the mocks out there. What was interesting is that as the draft went on they had the Bills taking Hasaan Reddick in a all instances. I know he's a good player, but is it possible that Polian knows anything at all about what they want to do? Reddick is a good player but I see him getting drafted more in the teens. Would that be a reach over a guy like Foster? I don't know too much about him

The plan may be to trade down, get picks and take Reddick. Even trade down twice, because this draft is sweet in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and we have needs.

Do you have names, Hokie?

According to Leroi the top 5 targets are 2 WR, 1 DE, 1 CB and 1 TE. My guess is Mike Williams, John Ross, Lattimore, Jonathan Allen and OJ Howard.

He said that he would share the names closer to the draft.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

According to Leroi the top 5 targets are 2 WR, 1 DE, 1 CB and 1 TE. My guess is Mike Williams, John Ross, Lattimore, Jonathan Allen and OJ Howard.

That's all I need to know. LBer it is...

Do you have names, Hokie?

I've got more than I'll share at this point, but suffice to say Kirby's close on names but not on order (not that he tried as far as I can tell). Everything I got came with the absolutely expected disclaimer of 'it's still very fluid' though.

Always good to have an insider. Makes the board exciting. BuffaloHokie....No QBs?

For the Bills, I would put the order like this:

Lattimore, Allen, Ross, Howard, Williams.

Not that I totally want to speculate too much but based on the information that we have I am confident that the 5 names are within this group: Williams, Ross, Davis, Howard, Lattimore, Conley, Humphrey, Allen, Thomas, Barnett and Harris.

I still think it's funny when I go to ESPN's website (which I do rarely) and see they have Kiper and McShay's mock drafts hidden behind a paywall like some hidden gem that must be paid for. That company lost the plot a long time ago and won't be around for long with it's current business model.

do you want a number two WR , QB or a starting DE,or OLB?

I WOULD take DERICK BARNETT DE

,lawson,, williams and dareus,,,barnett , lorax and hughes at olb on rush downs with ragland at mlb,, that is a 4-3 i would watch !

rueben foster is great but is he a olb or mlb?

can preston brown play olb on run downs?

many of the FA's are tweeners ,are they de or olb in this defense?

all that said they will likely pick a cb (,

I would love for the Bills to engineer a couple of trade downs picking up and extra 2nd, 3rd, and maybe even 4th or 5th round pick. Only thing is it take two to tango, what prospect could fall to 10 that a team in the 20ish range would want to trade up for him desperately? Then what other prospect could be coveted around the 20 range that a team in the back end of the 1st or early 2nd round would want to make a trade up?

Things have to line up and I am not sure they will. But even one trade down to pick up extra picks would be great since the team has a lot of needs and not enough draft picks to fill those needs at the moment.

I would love for the Bills to engineer a couple of trade downs picking up and extra 2nd, 3rd, and maybe even 4th or 5th round pick. Only thing is it take two to tango, what prospect could fall to 10 that a team in the 20ish range would want to trade up for him desperately? Then what other prospect could be coveted around the 20 range that a team in the back end of the 1st or early 2nd round would want to make a trade up?

Things have to line up and I am not sure they will. But even one trade down to pick up extra picks would be great since the team has a lot of needs and not enough draft picks to fill those needs at the moment.

I believe that if Allen falls to 10 many teams would trade up. But Shaq Lawson, M Dareus, Kyle W, Jonathon Allen, LorAx Rags and Preston would be formidable. Get a safety & DB in Rd 2 & 3, then pray that Sammy isn't crippled for life and we resign Gillislee.

I believe that if Allen falls to 10 many teams would trade up. But Shaq Lawson, M Dareus, Kyle W, Jonathon Allen, LorAx Rags and Preston would be formidable. Get a safety & DB in Rd 2 & 3, then pray that Sammy isn't crippled for life and we resign Gillislee.

I'd take Allen as well, although I think our play is tied to how effectively our "tweener" safety and LB members can play that zone between DB and LB and less on getting another DE - this year.

If Sammy can't play (most) of the season, our offense will be effectively the same as last year, which wasn't that bad. I don't think we lose a lot with our #2 and #3 or whatever receivers gone even though I did like Woody.

Bottom line: I don't think we pick a CB, because I think the Bills feel they have the safety and "tweener" LB/safety they need to protect the DBs in this defense. A DE that like Allen that can force a quick play helps, but only if we have a LB corps that can stop a quick pass to a TE or RB. And my main concern is the only LBer we have with speed is an aging ex-Oliner that may or may not have had a once in a career year.

I still think it's funny when I go to ESPN's website (which I do rarely) and see they have Kiper and McShay's mock drafts hidden behind a paywall like some hidden gem that must be paid for. That company lost the plot a long time ago and won't be around for long with it's current business model.

Mel Kiper Jr. has been putting out draft books since 1970's, as long as there is a draft I think Kiper Jr. has a job.