Possible QB run could work in Bills favor.

I believe that there are four QBs that will be highly sought after in R1 of this year's draft. Namely, Trubisky, Kizer, Watson, and Mahomes..........not necessarily in that order.

Teams like SF, Chicago, NYJ, Cleveland, and Arizona are all in the market for a potential franchise QB.

BTW, I think the Bills would like to draft a QB, but will likely pass on any QB in R1 since they have T. Taylor.

That means that like any other position that is not very deep, once the run begins teams tend to panic and make a move to fill their need. Well the QB position is no different.

If say NYJ decides to take Trubisky at #6 we may see teams like Cleveland and Arizona looking to move up to grab one of the three remaining QBs mentioned above. That would play right into the Bills' hands.

Those teams may be willing to part with much more than they normally would to move up to #10 overall because:

1. A potential franchise QB is hard to come by.

2. The competition amongst teams willing to move up could and likely would drive up the price.

IMHO, this would be the best case scenario for a Bills team that has a whole lot of needs to fill.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we can get someone like Adams or Allen, and draft Chad Kelly later and give him time to develop / mature. A trade down to get more picks would be ideal, but I would also be tempted to grab a QB if there was one I really liked; I'm not qualified to suggest any QB but I hate the thoughts of Kelly going to any other team than the Bills.

I believe that there are four QBs that will be highly sought after in R1 of this year's draft. Namely, Trubisky, Kizer, Watson, and Mahomes..........not necessarily in that order.

Teams like SF, Chicago, NYJ, Cleveland, and Arizona are all in the market for a potential franchise QB.

BTW, I think the Bills would like to draft a QB, but will likely pass on any QB in R1 since they have T. Taylor.

That means that like any other position that is not very deep, once the run begins teams tend to panic and make a move to fill their need. Well the QB position is no different.

If say NYJ decides to take Trubisky at #6 we may see teams like Cleveland and Arizona looking to move up to grab one of the three remaining QBs mentioned above. That would play right into the Bills' hands.

Those teams may be willing to part with much more than they normally would to move up to #10 overall because:

2. The competition amongst teams willing to move up could and likely would drive up the price.

IMHO, this would be the best case scenario for a Bills team that has a whole lot of needs to fill.

I don't see it playing out this way. We have shown interest in a QB. If anything, those teams are going to trade with Carolina or the Bengals to jump us for their guy.

I don't see a smokescreen helping us in a trade down scenario but it may help a guy drop to us if we don't like any of the QBs.

Houston made try to trade up with us, but if we like the Qb on the board at that pick we are going to draft him.

If there's a run on QB's, it could mean that teams think they might be good and we might miss out on the one we like.

A run on QB's could be good for us (if they end up being bad) or bad for us if they end up being good.

Nobody really knows how this will turn out.

There is a good change we will take a QB at 10 Tyrod is NOT the answer and this front office knows it

...why not see if you can find a trade partner around #20 and garner an extra 1st in 2018 when the litter is supposed to be much better?....still draft one later in 2017 but it would be nice going into 2018 with TWO 1sts IMO.......so 2017 camp would be TT, Yates, draftee and Jones.....one gets cut, one to PS and two to active roster...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

If there's a run on QB's, it could mean that teams think they might be good and we might miss out on the one we like.

A run on QB's could be good for us (if they end up being bad) or bad for us if they end up being good.

Nobody really knows how this will turn out.

tis too true.

My hope is we trade down from ten. Then i can deal with drafting a QB in the first or second.

There is a good change we will take a QB at 10 Tyrod is NOT the answer and this front office knows it

god bless the good change

I am excited on the thought of what players will get pushed down to us BECAUSE of the run on QBs

Some studs in this draft at other positions

god bless the good change

I am excited on the thought of what players will get pushed down to us BECAUSE of the run on QBs

Some studs in this draft at other positions

If they pass on Watson and he turns out to be really good, it could be a low point for this franchise.

That said, if they can emerge with a guy like Howard or Adams and a good qb prospect like Mahomes, I will be happy.

I don't see elite talent dropping to ten. Jamal Adams will be gone, Solomon Thomas will be gone.

OJ Howard at ten?! Corey Davis? Marlon Humphrey? Reuben Foster?!

None of these guys are elite and there will be similar guys at 20.

I believe OJ Howard is elite.

If they pass on Watson and he turns out to be really good, it could be a low point for this franchise.

That said, if they can emerge with a guy like Howard or Adams and a good qb prospect like Mahomes, I will be happy.

I believe OJ Howard is elite.

I don't take guys at ten based on hope with no production. David Njoku is a similar prospect who might be better than Howard and he will still be on the board at 20.

When I say elite I mean elite prospect. Of course OJ or Njoku have elite potential in the NFL. As of now they are just very good prospects.

Edited by jeffismagic

I don't take guys at ten based on hope with no production. David Njoku is a similar prospect who might be better than Howard and he will still be on the board at 20.

When I say elite I mean elite prospect. Of course OJ or Njoku have elite potential in the NFL. As of now they are just very good prospects.

You don't consider Corey Davis elite? What kind of production are you looking for...200 Rec 2500 Yrds and 30 TDS

...why not see if you can find a trade partner around #20 and garner an extra 1st in 2018 when the litter is supposed to be much better?....still draft one later in 2017 but it would be nice going into 2018 with TWO 1sts IMO.......so 2017 camp would be TT, Yates, draftee and Jones.....one gets cut, one to PS and two to active roster...........

By the time next year comes the "litter" will be the same.