Come move to New York!

Thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice. I care about all humans, bub. It's convenient for you to falsely assume that I'm some sort of bleeding heart liberal. I never said that this whole thing was perfect. I said it's a step in the right direction. I think if they are to do this it should be available to all individuals regardless of SES. I also think that there should be reasonable admission requirements for this. Not everyone is meant to go to college.

And by the way, I worked almost full-time during high school, and I was a 3 sport athlete. I started delivering newspapers when I was 12, and got my first job washing dishes on my 14th birthday. Neither of my parents went to college. Blue collar, hard working type folks that didn't understand the importance of saving for their child's education. I also worked nearly full-time during college to pay for as much of my tuition as possible. I worked my a$$ of...never had anything handed to me.

I never claimed to be holier than thou, or wealthy by any means. My wife and I both make a decent salary. We live very modestly, and we save as much money as we can. Hell, I still drive a beat up 2009 Subaru.

I'd be happy to buy you a beer or two if we ever meet though :beer:

I never even intimated that you were "anti-human" or anything of the sort. I merely stated that "I care about humans" because I am willing to pay a little more in taxes to support programs like this. I never stated that you don't care about people, and quite honestly, I don't know you well enough to be able to make any assumptions about your values and beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as I have stated, there are parts of this that I do not agree with....just like you. A step in the right direction, Boyst.

I know you did not. I have seen too often someone jump in and believe the other is insensitive, a womanizer, racist, bigot, !@#$ simply because they disagree with something like this.

You're not that type. Others are. I'd like to see the silver lining in this. And id not judge your character. You're a good dude

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you did not. I have seen too often someone jump in and believe the other is insensitive, a womanizer, racist, bigot, !@#$ simply because they disagree with something like this.

You're not that type. Others are. I'd like to see the silver lining in this. And id not judge your character. You're a good dude

Right back atcha boyst. I agree that people try to turn just about anything into a black and white political/PC issue. I am liberal about some things, and I am conservative about others. We should all be skeptics, and should seek the truth. This takes effort, and not everyone is willing to put forth such effort. We also should demand that the "decision makers" are spending our hard-earned tax dollars properly. Also, I have come to the comfortable realization that not everyone is going to agree with me...and that is healthy. I welcome descending opinions, but will offer a respectful retort based on my own beliefs/values.

Awww hell....I need to go to bed. Cheers.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Right back atcha boyst. I agree that people try to turn just about anything into a black and white political/PC issue. I am liberal about some things, and I am conservative about others. We should all be skeptics, and should seek the truth. We also should demand that the "decision makers" are spending our hard-earned tax dollars properly. Also, I have come to the comfortable realization that not everyone is going to agree with me...and that is healthy. I welcomed accept descending opinions, but will offer a respectful retort based on my own beliefs/values.

Awww hell....I need to go to bed. Cheers.

Agree. Happy trails (please none of you sickos ruin that phrase) on the nighty night.

Oh... I think we have a new TBDism in your post. But, I will just blame it on the damn AutoCorrect. He he... Better watch out for those descending opinions, they hurt when they fall on you! :-)

Sorry guys if this got political, didn't mean to have it go down that road. I am in the middle.

Essayons! (Let Us Try)

Agree. Happy trails (please none of you sickos ruin that phrase) on the nighty night.

Oh... I think we have a new TBDism in your post. But, I will just blame it on the damn AutoCorrect. He he... Better watch out for those descending opinions, they hurt when they fall on you! :-)

Sorry guys if this got political, didn't mean to have it go down that road. I am in the middle.

Essayons! (Let Us Try)

Yes, of course dissenting opinions. What do you take me for? Some kind of idiot? ;)

Edit: Speaking of TBD'isms. I have to share this story. I was in a meeting with a client of mine, her therapist (doctoral), my supervisor, my district superintendent, and our district attorney. My superintendent, also holds a doctoral in educational administration, says about a new program we are running "I can't wait until this program actually comes to fruitation." I wanted to crawl under the table.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice. I care about all humans, bub. It's convenient for you to falsely assume that I'm some sort of bleeding heart liberal. I never said that this whole thing was perfect. I said it's a step in the right direction. I think if they are to do this it should be available to all individuals regardless of SES. I also think that there should be reasonable admission requirements for this. Not everyone is meant to go to college.

And by the way, I worked almost full-time during high school, and I was a 3 sport athlete. I started delivering newspapers when I was 12, and got my first job washing dishes on my 14th birthday. Neither of my parents went to college. Blue collar, hard working type folks that didn't understand the importance of saving for their child's education. I also worked nearly full-time during college to pay for as much of my tuition as possible. I worked my a$$ of...never had anything handed to me.

Where did I accuse you of being a bleeding heart liberal? I accused you of being a whiner and based on this post I was right.

Too late.

Okay, you Decrepit, washed-up burger flipper. Explain exactly why you think I am a "whiner." Let's see if you can string together a coherent sentence. You hairless mental midget.

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.9.

Thanks, Tom.

Do you care about the humans who waned to go to a state school, whose parents saved for them to go to school but who lost their spot to someone getting free school and promising to stay in NY? And for the bonus these humans' parents tax money is now paying the tuition of the kids that got the spots. Do you care about thaose humans?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Do you care about the humans who waned to go to a state school, whose parents saved for them to go to school but who lost their spot to someone getting free school and promising to stay in NY. And for the bonus these humans' parents tax money is now paying the tuition of the kids that got the spots. Do you care about thaose humans?

Well there are good private schools if you've got the cash to pay. As an added bonus you get to avoid all the New Yorkers and Long Islanders. I'm certain that our tax money already pays for the tutition of academically unworthy students. Students get rejected by schools all the time in favor of inferior students. The entire college system is loaded with problems and morally questionable practices. I totally understand your point. Just don't think that this doesn't happen already. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

That's what I thought. You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Man up, you puke. Tell me exactly how I am a whiner. I'll wait...

You know, you may be right. I should have pointed out you have anger issues and not that you were a whiner. Fine line.

And so much for the high road.

Edited by Chef Jim

You know, you may be right. I should have pointed out you have anger issues and not that you were a whiner. Fine line.

And so much for the high road.

Coward. You attacked me first. Stand up for yourself and defend your assertions/opinions about me. Don't hide behind your "anger issues" defense. Of course I'm going to get angry when I'm disrespected by a narcissistic tool like yourself. You are not a man, and I question your intellect. Pound sand, Richard Head.

Do you care about the humans who waned to go to a state school, whose parents saved for them to go to school but who lost their spot to someone getting free school and promising to stay in NY? And for the bonus these humans' parents tax money is now paying the tuition of the kids that got the spots. Do you care about thaose humans?

Hahaha.

Coward. You attacked me first. Stand up for yourself and defend your assertions/opinions about me. Don't hide behind your "anger issues" defense. Of course I'm going to get angry when I'm disrespected by a narcissistic tool like yourself. You are not a man, and I question your intellect. Pound sand, Richard Head.

This is how you go off on someone who called you a whiner? Calling you a whiner is considered an attack. Ha! You're not a whiner. I apologize for calling you a whiner. I had a lack of evidence to call you that. Now a psychopath? Plenty of evidence of that.

This isn't the baseball board...

Well he did insult my Chefliness so it does have some similarities.