Here's a draft curveball for you to flame

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fournette fell to us I would immediately start fielding calls from any team's GMs that are wanting to trade up a few spots to get the best RB in the draft while netting us some more draft picks to fill in more positions of need.

:thumbsup:

My take:

The Bills' defense was lousy last year and they lost their top CB and leading tackler in free agency. Plus, they cut their safety tandem.

Add that their new head coach was a defensive coordinator and I'm leaning towards the 1st pick being a defensive player.

My take:

The Bills' defense was lousy last year and they lost their top CB and leading tackler in free agency. Plus, they cut their safety tandem.

Add that their new head coach was a defensive coordinator and I'm leaning towards the 1st pick being a defensive player.

I agree 100%

im not comparing him to Spiller, but then i wouldnt be much happier with the pick now than i was then....At this point in the Nfl there are not many situations I want to see an RB come off the board in rd 1..especially at 10

I agree generally but this guy might be special, special. AP was the best player on the Vikings just about every year he was there and took them to the playoffs a few times. If you have Shady taking 15 carries per game, Fournette (if as good as I think but who am I), Clay and Sammy on the same Offence and the D is at least decent with our O-line you're going to the playoffs. Why does it matter what pick number it is? That's a bonkers lineup. PLENTY of corners and linebackers that would be a good fit in the 2nd and third rounds RT and WR in the 5th boom! Championship

Edited by Madd Charlie

Yes because drafting RB's in round 1 have done so much for the Bills?

Another brilliant idea.

Well if you put it that way which position have the Bills drafted that has "done so much" for the Bills lately? That's more of a pointless snarky comment that is so common around here than any opinion that's worth debating. You can tell me what your pick is and I could make the same argument.

I agree generally but this guy might be special, special. AP was the best player on the Vikings just about every year he was there and took them to the playoffs a few times. If you have Shady taking 15 carries per game, Fournette (if as good as I think but who am I), Clay and Sammy on the same Offence and the D is at least decent with our O-line you're going to the playoffs. Why does it matter what pick number it is? That's a bonkers lineup. PLENTY of corners and linebackers that would be a good fit in the 2nd and third rounds RT and WR in the 5th boom! Championship

Well, if we are already strong at rb and our wr situation is quite lacking I'd rather try and balance the offense.

QB at 10 will not happen no way. Another EJ situation associated with Whaley and he may never get another GM job in the NFL in his life and he knows it. Any QB this year is almost the exact scenario and outcome in my opinion. Nope not happening

You know what else could lose him the chance of getting another GM job? Letting another couple of franchise guys past while he DOESN'T draft one.

What he's got to do is make the right decision. Avoiding a decision is a decision in itself.

Way. Dunno if it will happen, but it sure could.

Averaged 15.6 carries and that includes 3 games of 5, 5, 8. His median was 17 which I think is more indicative of his usage. I'm good with Shady, would you be ok with his 17 carries still averaging 5.4 yards per carry?

Weren't some of those low carry games a result of his being dinged up, which is probably a function of his age?

I wouldn't go Fournette, myself. Too many other needs. And I hope they trade back.

My take:

That's my guess too.

Edited by Thurman#1