Here's a draft curveball for you to flame

So our starting RB is Shady who averaged 14.5 carries per game last year when he was one year younger. Our backup would be Gillislee who the team only thought enough of to offer a one-year tender. Pretty clear that the Bills intend to run the ball quite a bit based on bringing back the same O-line and getting arguably the best fullback ( and 4th highest paid) in the league as a priority free agent. If Leonard Fournette falls to #10 do you consider handing in the card for the "next AP"? I think they start the safeties they got in free agency. Mike Williams is off the board to the Titans. Whaley can't afford to draft another banged up defensive player like Lattimore or Jon Allen. Let's say they don't love Corey Davis as much as I do because he's not one of these big school guys that they like or he goes to the Bengals. I'm team Whaley but I doubt he admits a mistake in Clay by drafting OJ Howard. You are stuck at 10 can't get the right value and you better not draft a QB. Do you do it or nah?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like they already think Clay is Howard though. He's a blocker and pass catcher and makes a ton of money. I think you take a TE late to compete with O'Leary not in the top 10 BTW how long before Logan Thomas is ready?

Edited by Madd Charlie

So our starting RB is Shady who averaged 14.5 carries per game last year when he was one year younger. Our backup would be Gillislee who the team only thought enough of to offer a one-year tender. Pretty clear that the Bills intend to run the ball quite a bit based on bringing back the same O-line and getting arguably the best fullback ( and 4th highest paid) in the league as a priority free agent. If Leonard Fournette falls to #10 do you consider handing in the card for the "next AP"? I think they start the safeties they got in free agency. Mike Williams is off the board to the Titans. Whaley can't afford to draft another banged up defensive player like Lattimore or Jon Allen. Let's say they don't love Corey Davis as much as I do because he's not one of these big school guys that they like or he goes to the Bengals. I'm team Whaley but I doubt he admits a mistake in Clay by drafting OJ Howard. You are stuck at 10 can't get the right value and you better not draft a QB. Do you do it or nah?

QB over Fournette forever.

QB over Fournette forever.

QB at 10 will not happen no way. Another EJ situation associated with Whaley and he may never get another GM job in the NFL in his life and he knows it. Any QB this year is almost the exact scenario and outcome in my opinion. Nope not happening

Drafting Howard is not admitting Clay was a mistake. It's adding another multipurpose weapon. Would be useful in both the run and pass game. Might not be filling a hole but it certainly might be BPA and a guy who would contribute immediately. No backs in the first!

I'm team Whaley but I doubt he admits a mistake in Clay by drafting OJ Howard. You are stuck at 10 can't get the right value and you better not draft a QB. Do you do it or nah?

He didn't make a mistake getting Clay. Clay is open a lot. Have to get Tyrod to throw it to him.

QB at 10 will not happen no way. Another EJ situation associated with Whaley and he may never get another GM job in the NFL in his life and he knows it. Any QB this year is almost the exact scenario and outcome in my opinion. Nope not happening

QB may not have to play this year. Win win.

He didn't make a mistake getting Clay. Clay is open a lot. Have to get Tyrod to throw it to him.

I like Clay a lot I'm glad he's on the team I think he's the best TE we had since wait have we ever had a good TE? Pete Metzelaars I guess. I just think if you draft a TE at 10 eventually somebody has to go and the perception will be Clay is eventually on the outs. They have a very similar skill set on paper.

If Fournette fell to us I would immediately start fielding calls from any team's GMs that are wanting to trade up a few spots to get the best RB in the draft while netting us some more draft picks to fill in more positions of need.

We did draft McGahee when Henry was seemingly established....and young. Nothing shocks me anymore. Having said that, I'll be shocked if it happens. :blink:

Yeahhhhhh but McGahee was a GENERATIONAL talent..........until it was soon clear that he wasn't.

Runnin' bax in round 1 is just bad business.

Averaged 15.6 carries and that includes 3 games of 5, 5, 8. His median was 17 which I think is more indicative of his usage. I'm good with Shady, would you be ok with his 17 carries still averaging 5.4 yards per carry?