Bills Sign DE Jake Metz from the Arena Football League

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. You never know. Wake was from the CFL.

I'm also very happy for this guy. Keep chasingyour dream.

...what the hell...could be Kurt Warner II.....like the philosophy of no stone unturned....a/k/a Coe, Chadron State or Kutztown, all mega football factories that have yielded good results in Bflo lore...........

...what the hell...could be Kurt Warner II.....like the philosophy of no stone unturned....a/k/a Coe, Chadron State or Kutztown, all mega football factories that have yielded good results in Bflo lore...........

i like it! hope he does well. first thing that popped into my mind was bryce paup......i know some of youz will have to look that up :lol:

Interesting in a lot of plays the way he's lined up and gets upfield looks like fit for the 'Double A-gap' blitz McD allegedly likes to run

Buffalo Bills sign DE Jake Metz, 2016 AFL Defensive Player of the Year

The Buffalo Bills have dipped into the (China) Arena Football League to add to their roster, signing DE Jake Metz on Friday.
Metz, 26, went undrafted in 2014 out of Shippensburg. He’s nearly 6’6” and 265 pounds. At the Villanova pro day that year, Metz didn’t have an impressive workout, running a 4.99 in the 40 and being clocked at 4.91 in the short shuttle and 7.31 in the three-cone drill.
In college, Metz was incredibly productive, notching 55 tackles for loss and 30.5 sacks in four seasons.
In August of 2016, Metz was named the AFL’s Defensive Player of the Year after leading the league with eight sacks. That led to him being signed by the Eagles in late August, but his time with Philadelphia was short lived. He was released on September 3.
He spent the 2016 season playing for Qingdao Clipper of the China Arena Football League.
raise your hand if you knew there was an arena football team in china

Philly connection with McD? He must have talked to some scouts with Eagles.

They grew up in the same area too

@MatthewFairburn

The Buffalo Bills have signed DE Jake Metz. Here's the lowdown on this former China Arena Leaguer: http://trib.al/8QPeQff

:o:o

kid is dedicated to be playing over there, would be really cool if he made it here.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Bills sign DE Jake Metz, 2016 AFL Defensive Player of the Year

The Buffalo Bills have dipped into the (China) Arena Football League to add to their roster, signing DE Jake Metz on Friday.
Metz, 26, went undrafted in 2014 out of Shippensburg. He’s nearly 6’6” and 265 pounds. At the Villanova pro day that year, Metz didn’t have an impressive workout, running a 4.99 in the 40 and being clocked at 4.91 in the short shuttle and 7.31 in the three-cone drill.
In college, Metz was incredibly productive, notching 55 tackles for loss and 30.5 sacks in four seasons.
In August of 2016, Metz was named the AFL’s Defensive Player of the Year after leading the league with eight sacks. That led to him being signed by the Eagles in late August, but his time with Philadelphia was short lived. He was released on September 3.
He spent the 2016 season playing for Qingdao Clipper of the China Arena Football League.
raise your hand if you knew there was an arena football team in china

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/07/bills-sign-arena-league-vet-jake-metz/

Metz then moved on to play for the Qingdao Clipper of the China Arena Football League. They lost to Beijing by one point in the China Bowl last November, robbing Metz of the chance to become a champion in two different countries.

I admit it - I have watched games on TV when visiting in Hong Kong.

timthumb.png

I wonder if he just wanted a "working vacation" there.

theres five guys with the last name 'Zhang' on the beijing lions team this year

http://caflfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Corrected-Beijing-Posted-9-23-Sheet1-copy.jpg

zhang must mean williams in chinese

Zhang means "Archer" but like Williams and Smith are very common last names.

Edited by Koolaid

Watching the video I think I could have made those plays against those lineman. Against Real NFL talent the guy will be unnoticeable

i was thinking that too. he made that one blocker whiff so bad he flopped himself to the ground. i was thinking thats impressive but would never happen in the nfl

cool guy to really root for in training camp but id place the odds at about two pcent he makes the team