Disc Golf. Anyone?

BUFFALOKIE

It's kind of a thing down here. I am pretty damn good.

I had not played in several years, but a couple of weekends ago my best bro and I played. I can still chuck it as far as anyone. I need to work on my short game though.

Is disc golf popular in your area?

No idea.

Today I learned disc golf was invented in Canada. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf&ved=0ahUKEwjS7Y6GhozTAhUJ4GMKHdp_D1MQFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNFF2bo-hcQCGxg_WiEzDM9tmfGmhg

Funny that it seems to be more popular in the southern US.

It's fun and free. There are 10-12 courses in tulsa County. All at public parks.

In my area we call it Skeet Shooting. Then again I live in Oakland.

Disc golf is big in Cali too. Yall really haven't heard of it?

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Yeah, Ive heard of it.

Only bad part about disk golf is breaking the news to your family that youre gay.

LOL. You know how I know you don't know how to throw a frisbee?

I used to play several times a week back in the day. Played for the first time in years last fall. Still got it baby. Was a little sore a few days later though.

Right on. Where you at?

God damn....

If I ever use the word 'frisbee' in a sentence, will the closest person just shoot me in the head?

You just did. And, no, I can't hit you from here. Angry bro? Did the dog chew your frisbee?

BTW the subject is Disc Golf. Not frisbee.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

God damn....

If I ever use the word 'frisbee' in a sentence, will the closest person just shoot me in the head?

'Frisbee' is copyrighted 1959. You can't use use terms like: Kleenex, Q-tip, Aspirin, Duck Tape, Band-Aid, Formica, Crockpot, Play-Doh or 4merper4mer either

I have played a few times but never really got into it too much.

Ultimate frisbee, on the other hand... Been playing pick-up Ultimate for about 10 years and am pretty solid at it, though nothing like the club players.

When I finally quit playing ball around 40, I tried a couple times to go back to Disc since I used to be a pretty good handler and short area defender when I was younger. But damn, when your legs are finally gone there is no amount of cheating that can keep you competitive ; - )

You just make sure you enjoy the hell out of every second of it, JR.......

Disc golf is big in Cali too. Yall really haven't heard of it?

Of course but I grew up.

I thought you just called it shooting over there.

Actually we call it Saturday........and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...well you get the picture.

i've never played, but i know there are course here in rochester. if i'm not mistaken, i think the disc gold "national championship", or whatever they call it, was held here. i could be making that up though.

Of course but I grew to fat and lazy to walk around the park doing something even remotely athletic

FTFY

i've never played, but i know there are course here in rochester. if i'm not mistaken, i think the disc gold "national championship", or whatever they call it, was held here. i could be making that up though.

It's fun, man. Give it a try sometime.

There's plenty here in Rochester, as others have stated. Basil Marella in Greece is my home course - very wooded. I enjoy running the wide-open (but relatively short) Ellison Park course.

Since I play Ultimate, I also have (at least so far) refused to adopt real disc golf discs, instead playing with a "lid" (lid = Ultimate disc, the Discraft Ultrastar).

I played club ultimate in college, and I still play club on fairly competitive teams (not elite), as well as the leagues here in Rochester.

There's plenty here in Rochester, as others have stated. Basil Marella in Greece is my home course - very wooded. I enjoy running the wide-open (but relatively short) Ellison Park course.

Since I play Ultimate, I also have (at least so far) refused to adopt real disc golf discs, instead playing with a "lid" (lid = Ultimate disc, the Discraft Ultrastar).

I played club ultimate in college, and I still play club on fairly competitive teams (not elite), as well as the leagues here in Rochester.

Ultimate would have been fun before I picked up cigs. No chance I could run with you fellas now. I would like to watch a match, but I'll stick with a stroll through my local park.

I guess that's what disc golf boils down to for a lot of folks...it's stress free competition. A little more athletic than shooting pool or bowling, LOL.

And it's free which is a bonus.

When we played years and years ago we make our own courses. "Ok hole 3. See that oak tree over there? No not that one, the one to the left." When I was in a park one day and saw a proper frisbee golf course with those basket things I said "I'm out"

When we played years and years ago we make our own courses. "Ok hole 3. See that oak tree over there? No not that one, the one to the left." When I was in a park one day and saw a proper frisbee golf course with those basket things I said "I'm out"

My college ultimate team had an 18-hole "campus course", basically an organized version of what you said; the pins are tables, grills, lamp posts, trees, sculptures, signs, hydrants, drainage pipes, etc. And of course, hole 18 was to to tag the scoreboard at the other end of the football field -- with the mandatory such that you must go through at least one of the field goals posts!

We also had to play late at night (tee time 12am) to minimize the amount of pedestrian traffic getting in our way. Or, send the rookies out to play defense on the bystanders! :w00t:

As I understand it, a lot of college ultimate teams have some defined course like this through their campuses.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing 9 holes during lunch - every day last week and today. I've dropped one point every day, and today I threw my first par since I stopped playing years ago.

Other guys go for walks at lunch around the airport or through the ghetto. I prefer the city park. I log about 2 miles on nine holes in around 45 minutes. My back is hurting less than last week too. God I'm out of shape.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE