NFL reaches deal with Amazon Prime to stream TNF games

I wont get prime to get the games. If there is one i want to see I will go to a bar and watch it. This thurs game stuff sucks, they need a game on friday or saturday night.

What he/she said..^^^

so spend $60 on drinks/food for one game, vs $99 for a years worth of free shipping on already massively discounted items, free music streaming and video streaming included. Got lots o money saved for retirement too?

So theoretically I might need Sunday Ticket, ESPN 360 and Amazon Prime to watch all of the Bills games this year?

well, the Thursday night games still on NFL Network, CBS, or NBC...which will also stream the games. This is why i am an idiot, would seem to me if I am paying $5M per games as Amazon is, i would want exclusive rights to the stream...but what do i know?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can watch amazon on any device too

At under $100 for 2 day shipping, a massive streaming music library, lots of movies/tv, kindle stuff included, and on and on....

It's a fantastic value before adding Nfl. If you get prime and can't find value outside the games you are a curmudgeon that's being stubborn(I do know a few that hate it just to hate change but the overwhelming majority I know love it)

I know I can stream amazon on my phone and I'm a longtime Prime Member. Just commenting that I really liked Twitter's feed last year, it was well done. Edited by YoloinOhio

so spend $60 on drinks/food for one game, vs $99 for a years worth of free shipping on already massively discounted items, free music streaming and video streaming included. Got lots o money saved for retirement too?

well, the Thursday night games still on NFL Network, CBS, or NBC...which will also stream the games. This is why i am an idiot, would seem to me if I am paying $5M per games as Amazon is, i would want exclusive rights to the stream...but what do i know?

Except that webstreams are pretty unreliable still. I have a robust Xfinity service and still get buffering watching hockey and DirecTVnow. Of course a little known provision of the Internet privacy law Trump and the GOP signed is giving ISPs the right to limit your bandwidth on streams they don't like. So you'll never know why your stream buffers. Your ISP could be throttling you.

Can watch amazon on any device too

At under $100 for 2 day shipping, a massive streaming music library, lots of movies/tv, kindle stuff included, and on and on....

It's a fantastic value before adding Nfl. If you get prime and can't find value outside the games you are a curmudgeon that's being stubborn(I do know a few that hate it just to hate change but the overwhelming majority I know love it)

You are so right. This is a great bargain.

5 million a game is chump change.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I have no issue with this because I'm a prime subscriber, but I see this being an issue for cable or OTA folks. Seems another case of the NFL taking corporate money, without considering what it does to the avg fan. Now a fan who enjoys TNF has to shell out $99 for 10 games/yr? If I didn't already subscribe to AP, I'd probably opt for MACtion on Thursday nights.

I'm OTA and top-end cable Internet and also am a Prime member, so if that's where they go, zero issues for me.

I'm afraid that this is actually a step back in regards to streaming quality. amazon seems to consistently have server issue when high volume is hit. not to mention, twitter was free and had a great stream.

I'm afraid that this is actually a step back in regards to streaming quality. amazon seems to consistently have server issue when high volume is hit. not to mention, twitter was free and had a great stream.

I have prime and there's nothing wrong with my stream..

I have prime and there's nothing wrong with my stream..

like i said, they have issues with high volume traffic (i.e. TNF). I too have prime, and have no issues. not to mention a LIVE stream is much different than stagnant. merely pointing out that amazon has a history of server issues during high traffic events. this will be their first time streaming to the masses live.

Edited by 87168

like i said, they have issues with high volume traffic (i.e. TNF). I too have prime, and have no issues. not to mention a LIVE stream is much different than stagnant. merely pointing out that amazon has a history of server issues during high traffic events. this will be their first time streaming to the masses live.

If this is their first live stream, what high traffic issues have you encountered?

Meaning they'd change the game to eliminate TV timeouts? That would be nice but I wouldn't pay for it.

I might however, be willing to buy a Bills games-only package for a reasonable price. I can't believe they won't offer that.

I feel like this should have happened by now. I would gladly pay to be able to be guaranted to see every game that want to see. Without the blackout restrictions that come with dtv

They need to get rid of TNF altogether, the quality of play is abysmal and the short weeks/semi-bye weeks teams get have a huge impact on other games.

But the league loves money so that will never happen.

Wrong. This keeps getting repeated over and over here. You know what America loves? Thursday night football. It was a top 10 of all regularly scheduled broadcasts in 2016, despite the NFL's "plummeting ratings". MNF was not even in the top 10 by the way.

As someone who out of the country I pay for all the games anyway. Here's a question. Would you be willing to pay a yearly subscription fee if it meant no more commercial breaks?

Where do you live? I thought NFL offered foreign fans the free package to get the audience overseas watching. I knew someone who used a VPN to live stream games for free because they thought he was in france or something.