The McDermott Era begins - Voluntary OTAs

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull Mcdermott and coaches addressed the entire team yesterday. They arent allow to o football specific activities.

Right so what's the big deal with not being there then, Not like he's missing anything on the field.

Phase One/ 4 Hrs

• Two Weeks | Limited To Strength And Conditioning Activities (“Dead Ball”); Only Strength And Conditioning Coaches Allowed On Field
  • 90 Minute Max On The Field
  • Clubs Can Only Specify 2 Hours For Players To Be At Facility
  • Players Choose The Other 2 Hours For Weights, Etc

why else do you think he's called Shady?

Because someone thought it was cool because of Eminem calling himself Slim Shady? That's always been the general understanding. Unless somebody from the 1940's nicknamed him prior to that. :flirt:

I heard he wanted to lock up the name early so he could use it in his upcoming radio career. Shady is a great name for a sports-talk radio guy.

Who is his podcast partner going to be? Is Tony Bruno still alive?

I don't have kids but I have only worked my own birthday once in the 12 years of my working life.... and that was unavoidable because the legislation I was responsible for was in front of a Parliamentary committee. Usually I take my birthday off.

Interesting. I try hard to make my birthday like every other day. I only celebrate it to meet my kids' expectations.

Right so what's the big deal with not being there then, Not like he's missing anything on the field.

Phase One/ 4 Hrs

• Two Weeks | Limited To Strength And Conditioning Activities (“Dead Ball”); Only Strength And Conditioning Coaches Allowed On Field
  • 90 Minute Max On The Field
  • Clubs Can Only Specify 2 Hours For Players To Be At Facility
  • Players Choose The Other 2 Hours For Weights, Etc

It's more symbolic than practical. 60 of 61 players demonstrated they cared enough to be there.

But there's a practical side too. We have a new coach. I'm sure he's carefully crafted his first words to the team in his effort to start laying the foundation of a new culture and new way of doing things. Shady missed that.

It's more symbolic than practical. 60 of 61 players demonstrated they cared enough to be there.

But there's a practical side too. We have a new coach. I'm sure he's carefully crafted his first words to the team in his effort to start laying the foundation of a new culture and new way of doing things. Shady missed that.

He didn't though. Coaches can't talk with players at this time of the off season per the CBA, right?

He didn't though. Coaches can't talk with players at this time of the off season per the CBA, right?

He was allowed to address the team yesterday morning only. The word is that kept it very brief.

No coaches can be present during the workouts.

Did his play and effort look at any time like he doesn't care? They have talked. Coach said as much.

anyone hating on Shady not attending voluntary OTA's needs to get a life

He's a professional, he's in shape, he's our best player, he's been in contact with McDermott already during the offeseason...nothing to see here, move along

Incorrect. His mother called him Shady well before Eminem was known.

Meh, stories vary, he was pretty young when that LP came out.

At first I thought maybe it was like his alias at the clinic.......Shady McMexico.

It's pretty bad when a Vick calls you out for giving women herpes. :lol:

Maybe he and Michael can do a podcast....."hot mouths with big takes"

anyone hating on Shady not attending voluntary OTA's needs to get a life

He's a professional, he's in shape, he's our best player, he's been in contact with McDermott already during the offeseason...nothing to see here, move along

...move along my azz......if McCoach gave him a pass for Day 1, so be it.....but he shows up for Day 2+.......is he a team leader respecting what Sean wants to do or is he a spoiled little diva?.....