Another "victim"

4merper4mer

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. My guess is that bikes are considered motor vehicle because some whiny lobbyist got some crap through the system. You know what I personally consider a motor vehicle? A vehicle that has a motor in it.

2. Convince yourself any way you want. The tightie brighties are meant to attract look at me attention, plain and simple. White not t-shirt and a regular friggin pair of shorts? Because.....douche bags.

3. I don't complain that bike trails are too narrow for my car and don't expect you to pay to have them widened.

1) Bikes do have a motor. That motor is the human being.

2) Actually yes, they are meant to attract attention, so careless people driving on the road can see them. Spandex shorts also increase blood flow to the legs and reduce lactic acid buildup. Yes, really.

3)Cyclists pay taxes on infrastructure just like everyone else.

2) Actually yes, they are meant to attract attention, so careless people driving on the road can see them. Spandex shorts also increase blood flow to the legs and reduce lactic acid buildup. Yes, really.

Higher mpg means poorer roads. Fuel taxes build roads.

I'm biased against cyclists, have had nothing but terrible experiences with them. I'm getting angry just thinking about them all.

There is a local hiking/biking trail that is owned and maintained by the city. I take my kids there all the time, and these mountain bike dorks with the spandex pants and the extra fat tires are constantly coming close to running over my kids. They seem to get pissed off when hikers are on the trail, and they have to slow down and maneuver around them. I'd love for one of those algae eating bike hippies to stop and give me crap just once. I'd punch them right in the snot locker like I used to do back in high school. They always curse and "gesture" as they're speeding away.

If they want to "share" the road then the need to follow all the rules.

Anyway... Whatever happened to bike with traffic and hike against traffic. If that rule was followed, this would have never happened. Pedestrians should be moving against traffic.

"When one must walk on the road because the area lacks pedestrian facilities such as a sidwalk, one is advised to walk on the left-side, facing traffic, as this presents opportunities to establish eye-contact with approaching motorists and make quick judgments to protect oneself."

Same with runners. The runner in OP was wrong if they were running with traffic.

1) humans are a motor? So would that mean being drunk and walking is reckless operation? Would that mean that you have the right to walk down the highway? What about the interstate? You know what's funny, tractors can operate on all roads except interstates the last I checked. And they have motors.

B)Wear a tutu, Dorothy.

3) no, bicycles dont pay taxes. Motor vehicles pay taxes to maintain the roads and registered, and you need a license and insurance. If we made bicycles register, get insurance, pay taxes (specifically increased to make up for not having to pay a fuel tax) and have a license is be all for it. But motor vehicles pay for the privilege of operating on public roads - bicyclists don't. You cannot walk down a road legally, in most states there are pretty strict and thorough laws enacting what can and cannot be done on public roads. NC just passed a law that allows golf carts and ATVs access to the roads so long as they are registered to a farm. (Of course rednecks still drive them on the road). I have to pay taxes to do that. Even certain mopeds need a drivers license, registration and taxes whilst the rest need on registrations and are taxed.

So spare me this holier than thou I ride a bike crap. And don't even open the idea that bicyclists shouldn't be taxed because they aren't polluting like a car or any of that ****

There is a local hiking/biking trail that is owned and maintained by the city. I take my kids there all the time, and these mountain bike dorks with the spandex pants and the extra fat tires are constantly coming close to running over my kids. They seem to get pissed off when hikers are on the trail, and they have to slow down and maneuver around them. I'd love for one of those algae eating bike hippies to stop and give me crap just once. I'd punch them right in the snot locker like I used to do back in high school. They always curse and "gesture" as they're speeding away.

I don't even jog/run for exercise, just isn't my thing. I do enjoy long walks with my dog.

I often walk at Delaware park (for those familiar with Buffalo). I park my car on Nottingham to walk over the bridge going over the 198 and that's obviously also the path for bikers. I do my part and walk to the right along the rails. Sometimes my dog pulls to the other side when she's having fun on her walk. Hipster doofus cyclists take issue with this and ring their bells. This isn't a problem. My problem is the head/hand shaking and smart comment that always follows. "You need to watch out guys" (Head shake)

The feelings amount to the worst road rage imaginable. I'm WALKING. I'M TRYING TO ENJOY THE LOVELY DAY. SLOW DOWN AND AVOID ME. ARE YOU TRAINING FOR THE TOUR DE FRANCE? NO? F OFF THEN.

I literally yell "shut up" towards them now. They keep peddling away because hipsters are cowards at the end of the day.

I lived in Brooklyn for three years. I have even worse stories living there, including nearly destroying a cyclist who ran a red light as I was going through an intersection...then waved his hand at me. I almost followed him.

Edited by Rockpile233

You start to see them alot know... Bicycles retrofitted with those "wizzer" motors... Either gasoline or battery power, they like fly around at 30 or so mph. A bicycle w/basically a weed whacker motor added to it.

... A guy @ work called them "DUI bikes"... After people lose their license, from a DUI, they fly around town on one of those by pedaling and switching to power mode. LoL... :-/

You start to see them alot know... Bicycles retrofitted with those "wizzer" motors... Either gasoline or battery power, they like fly around at 30 or so mph. A bicycle w/basically a weed whacker motor added to it.

... A guy @ work called them "DUI bikes"... After people lose their license, from a DUI, they fly around town on one of those by pedaling and switching to power mode. LoL... :-/

You can get a DUI on a bicycle. It's happened.

You can also get a DUI on a riding lawn mower, and a horse (which seems exceptionally stupid to me.)

You're probably one of those jackasses that think bicycles are exempt from motor vehicle laws, too.

1) humans are a motor? So would that mean being drunk and walking is reckless operation? Would that mean that you have the right to walk down the highway? What about the interstate? You know what's funny, tractors can operate on all roads except interstates the last I checked. And they have motors.

B)Wear a tutu, Dorothy.

3) no, bicycles dont pay taxes. Motor vehicles pay taxes to maintain the roads and registered, and you need a license and insurance. If we made bicycles register, get insurance, pay taxes (specifically increased to make up for not having to pay a fuel tax) and have a license is be all for it. But motor vehicles pay for the privilege of operating on public roads - bicyclists don't. You cannot walk down a road legally, in most states there are pretty strict and thorough laws enacting what can and cannot be done on public roads. NC just passed a law that allows golf carts and ATVs access to the roads so long as they are registered to a farm. (Of course rednecks still drive them on the road). I have to pay taxes to do that. Even certain mopeds need a drivers license, registration and taxes whilst the rest need on registrations and are taxed.

So spare me this holier than thou I ride a bike crap. And don't even open the idea that bicyclists shouldn't be taxed because they aren't polluting like a car or any of that ****

1) NY Vehicle and Traffic Law (VTL) – §1231 – Traffic laws apply to persons riding bicycles – Every person riding a bicycle ….. upon a roadway shall be granted all of the rights and shall be subject to all of the duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle.

2) by your logic football players' uniforms are pointless and they should just wear jeans and wife beaters.

3) they used to register bikes, just like a car. Not sure why that stopped. Regardless, cyclists are allowed to be in the roads. Heres a fun fact too - many cyclists (gasp!) own cars! So it's not like they are a magical, tax exempt breed of superhuman. They pay taxes just like you do.

You're probably one of those jackasses that think bicycles are exempt from motor vehicle laws, too.

Nah, I, like the majority, follow the lights. Its a few !@#$s out there that ruin it for everyone.

2) by your logic football players' uniforms are pointless and they should just wear jeans and wife beaters.

e.

ray rice has nothing to do with this. And I don't pay taxes on my vehicles soooo... yeah, bicycling was cool when I was 12. But like most boys I became a man and realized it is gay

This is the very reason that when I go cycling I carry a lance, slow jogger, no problem.

Leftover from that summer job at Medieval Times ?

ray rice has nothing to do with this. And I don't pay taxes on my vehicles soooo... yeah, bicycling was cool when I was 12. But like most boys I became a man and realized it is gay

Yep. This boy needs to learn how to wrassle.

seeing how gay is the new cool...i take this as a compliment!