Preston Brown on the Trading Block?

KGun12TD

Again, McDermott did not say that Ragland was starting.

But, I mean..... he's gonna.

Still don't think they move Preston unless it's a player swap for another LB or Safety.... or if somebody wants him to sweeten a hasty draft day trade.

Currently I believe he is better than he is rated and is not worth moving.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know about that and really don't care as I take every post on its own merit, regardless. This place can be insufferable enough when we disagree on things but when people are going to take you to task when you're in agreement with them, that takes it to a whole new level. Just won't waste my time responding to that type any more. Problem is, you don't know the type until they reveal themselves.

:lol: :lol: Sums it up quite nicely.

Could just be an honest mistake as well. I know sometimes I've thought someone was trying to argue with me rather than agree.

Reading Brown doesn't make sense considering our current LBs and his cheap contract. That being said, getting a draft pick for a player on the last year of his contract, especially if we don't plan on retaining him, is always a smart move imo. If we were in position to contend for a SB, I say keep him for the run. In this case, I doubt we make a SB run so acquiring a pick that can potentially contribute to this team for the next 4 years makes absolute sense. If we can get a 5th or higher it seems like a no brainer to me. Brown and Ragland playing the same position supports this choice. If we don't resign zach or another FA (I like Gerald Hodges) I believe we will be taking a LB in the 1st or 2nd rd, leaving Ragland, Zo and the draft pick (FA) as the WLB. Leaving Preston as a backup. Getting a draft pick for a backup in the final year of his deal is what I'd do

:lol: :lol: Sums it up quite nicely.

Could just be an honest mistake as well. I know sometimes I've thought someone was trying to argue with me rather than agree.

Exactly, I explained this in my post. Not going over it again. If he doesn't want to accept my quasi apology that's his choice.

Like I said, every time I read a thread I see the obligatory "bbmb" bomb.

Does it really make that much of a difference that someone posted first in a message board? Weird thing to feel holier than thou over.

The way coach said it was so confusing!

I also took it as "we think Ragland will start at MLB as in that's the position group he'll practice at, not outside LB."

However, when the exact quote is "Ragland will start at MLB," that is pretty confusing!

i think he said "we'll start at MLB"

Exactly, I explained this in my post. Not going over it again. If he doesn't want to accept my quasi apology that's his choice.

Does it really make that much of a difference that someone posted first in a message board? Weird thing to feel holier than thou over.

I haven't dropped any bombs on the new members from the bbmb site.

If you're defensive about things I can understand, but I won't indulge you in that. Life is too short.

And what is a "quasi apology"? Sounds disingenuous at best.

Get Kuechly in here ASAP

He's was our target before the Panthers took him with the pick before ours. Dude is a flat out player.

That's fair. Sometimes hard to tell tone in written text.

As you can see by the post responding to yours most of us n00bs are constantly being reminded we're not wanted and are the downfall of your message board.

Hard to tell if your jiving with someone or being painted with the bbmb brush.

Constructive.

Maybe it's posts like this that put most of us in a defensive position.

Care to add anything to the conversation or is this what you do now, you just go around looking to brag about being on a message board first?

You realize we're all fans of the same team, yeah?

When you meet people at games do you ask where they post first before talking to them?

awe snowflakes melting make me miss winter. But, I like all the flowers that come in Spring. I'm going to call you Daisy.

Still don't think they move Preston unless it's a player swap for another LB or Safety.... or if somebody wants him to sweeten a hasty draft day trade.

A player swap would be nice also.

I honestly don't know about that and really don't care as I take every post on its own merit, regardless. This place can be insufferable enough when we disagree on things but when people are going to take you to task when you're in agreement with them, that takes it to a whole new level. Just won't waste my time responding to that type any more. Problem is, you don't know the type until they reveal themselves.

there was influx of new folks right before bbmb writhered and wasted away.

Its a generational thing of those on the internet are determined to make this place like the YouTube comment section. There is so much low hanging fruit to bait some of these new folks its not even worth it. You say something in a reply to someone and that causes them to respond, if you're careful you construct your statement to make them only be able to respond in such a way it will inflame another reader and chaos ensues as everyone believes their interpretation is unique and special in a way that must be factual and shared to enlighten us.

Its sensitivity. Everyone is acting like their god damn words on a message board mean anything. They take it way too seriously. Its hilarious. And its why there is such a drop off in actual conversation.

Imagine the Brady thread today with WEO vs everyone. It'd get retarded quickly.

if he starts it is at SLB or we are screwed. I don't think he is ready yet for MLB it he will ever be.

I haven't dropped any bombs on the new members from the bbmb site.

If you're defensive about things I can understand, but I won't indulge you in that. Life is too short.

And what is a "quasi apology"? Sounds disingenuous at best.

He's was our target before the Panthers took him with the pick before ours. Dude is a flat out player.

a few of my acquaintances are friends with his friends, gf etc. There is thought he may retire. He loves football too much to do so but there is pressure on him to do so.

there was influx of new folks right before bbmb writhered and wasted away.

Its a generational thing of those on the internet are determined to make this place like the YouTube comment section. There is so much low hanging fruit to bait some of these new folks its not even worth it. You say something in a reply to someone and that causes them to respond, if you're careful you construct your statement to make them only be able to respond in such a way it will inflame another reader and chaos ensues as everyone believes their interpretation is unique and special in a way that must be factual and shared to enlighten us.

Its sensitivity. Everyone is acting like their god damn words on a message board mean anything. They take it way too seriously. Its hilarious. And its why there is such a drop off in actual conversation.

Imagine the Brady thread today with WEO vs everyone. It'd get retarded quickly.

if he starts it is at SLB or we are screwed. I don't think he is ready yet for MLB it he will ever be.

a few of my acquaintances are friends with his friends, gf etc. There is thought he may retire. He loves football too much to do so but there is pressure on him to do so.

I'd hate to see Kuechly retire. But if his concussion history suggests he should, then I wish him well.

As for the rest of it, yeah, I think there's a definite generational communication phenomenon at play here. But I don't plan on wasting too much time trying to figure it out. I'll just try not to indulge certain sensitivities.

But man, that Brady/WEO thread would be a full out tardapalooza today for sure.

awe snowflakes melting make me miss winter. But, I like all the flowers that come in Spring. I'm going to call you Daisy.

So... Wait... Are you above the "YouTube comment section" or what?

I mean in your long diatribe to your tbd friend you act so above it, but in your post to me it's the exact thing you're demonizing.

Looks like being hypocritical wasn't exclusively a bbmb thing.

Fun stuff. I for one am taking nothing seriously, I was responding to your pal that seemed so butt hurt over saying a few works he took exception to.

You can call me daisy all day long, but I think it would be better served as a nickname for k9.

As for you, I think King Hyppo works. Truly a royal in the ways of hypocrisy.

I think I smell a name change.

Edited by likei've

I mean in your long diatribe to your tbd friend you act so above it, but in your post to me it's the exact thing you're demonizing.

Fun stuff. I for one am taking nothing seriously, I was responding to your pal that seemed so butt hurt over saying a few works he took exception to.

You can call me daisy all day long, but I think it would be better served as a nickname for k9.

You need to seriously get over yourself.

The simple fact is you spun an insult entirely out of whole cloth because you're defensive for whatever reason. I'm not privy to every other conversation you've had with people here and I don't really care to be, either. But when you're gonna go out of your way to be a douche nozzle to someone for no other reason than they agree with your take on a certain subject, you should re-examine some things.

I'll let the further insult in this later post of yours slide.

The BBMB bomb is real. Not ALL posters over st BBMB are bad. If you're not bad, it shouldn't be a big deal to you. Since BBMB closed the amount of ridiculous posts and threads has more than quadrupled. We're not making this up. TBD was a much better place when BBMB was live. Don't be bad and no one will say your bad

You need to seriously get over yourself.

The simple fact is you spun an insult entirely out of whole cloth because you're defensive for whatever reason. I'm not privy to every other conversation you've had with people here and I don't really care to be, either. But when you're gonna go out of your way to be a douche nozzle to someone for no other reason than they agree with your take on a certain subject, you should re-examine some things.

I'll let the further insult in this later post of yours slide.

Wow. Now who is taking the message board too seriously?

I may have read it in the wrong tone but it wasn't the end of the world for me.

I responded in kind and moved on with my day, it turned out I was wrong and I was ok with that. It should have been ok when I basically said " ahh, gotcha, my bad."

But it wasn't. It was turned into a thing and now I'm made to look like the whiner. When in fact I couldn't care any less.

It's Bologna. Bologna!!!

Edited by likei've

I am God. I tried taking the name but it was too short. Boyst is God.

Wonder if Dareus is on the trade block next year when McD can't motivate him to give a full effort every game. Dareus is always limping or holding a shoulder when he want to come off the field then suddenly a few plays latter he is fine and goes back in.

I disagree.

I believe big stuff turns it around this season. the combination of McD and Wauffle will motivate him (like the motivation under Saban, another disciplinarian) which should help out a lot in that turn around?

playing up front in the trenches just about any player will be limping or holding a shoulder or worse, that's part of the game.

his significant loss of time on the field was due more to the off field activities than injury. so where many have their doubts, if he can keep straight there should be no discussion or consideration of a trade.

with the change of culture under the new coaching staff, he should continue to be a beast and a core asset up front.

alex-smith-marcell-dareus-86bd7b69b2fb0f

as for brown, he would be a good depth player to keep on the roster or they could possibly get a 4th if traded? I expect Ragland to come back and have a break out season and likely earning a starting role on this defense?.

just my opinion...