McDermott says WR2 is already on the roster

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The beauty of having a Tyrod offense is that it doesn't matter who is lining up at the skill positions. Everything is dependent in any case on whether tyrod breaks a long run or finds someone deep on a scramble. That said they should just invest in the D and count on tyrod to come up with 20 points somehow.

The beauty of having a Tyrod offense is that it doesn't matter who is lining up at the skill positions. Everything is dependent in any case on whether tyrod breaks a long run or finds someone deep on a scramble. That said they should just invest in the D and count on tyrod to come up with 20 points somehow.

In Tyrod's mythical magical 2015 season, the Bills were still the only team in the league that ran the ball more than they threw it. Chris Hogan was more productive the following season than he was with the Bills, because Tom Brady even spreading the ball around the way he does still gets more from an individual WR than Tyrod does. There may not be another offense in this league that de-emphasizes WR quite like the Tyrod-led Bills.

In Tyrod's mythical magical 2015 season, the Bills were still the only team in the league that ran the ball more than they threw it. Chris Hogan was more productive the following season than he was with the Bills, because Tom Brady even spreading the ball around the way he does still gets more from an individual WR than Tyrod does. There may not be another offense in this league that de-emphasizes WR quite like the Tyrod-led Bills Roman Offense.

In Tyrod's mythical magical 2015 season, the Bills were still the only team in the league that ran the ball more than they threw it. Chris Hogan was more productive the following season than he was with the Bills, because Tom Brady even spreading the ball around the way he does still gets more from an individual WR than Tyrod does. There may not be another offense in this league that de-emphasizes WR quite like the Tyrod-led Bills Roman Offense.

Maybe you disagree, I'm of the opinion that Dennison will need to copy a lot of what Roman did in order to have a productive offense with such a limited passer. I'm expecting another run-heavy ratio.

Maybe you disagree, I'm of the opinion that Dennison will need to copy a lot of what Roman did in order to have a productive offense with such a limited passer. I'm expecting another run-heavy ratio.

All I'm saying is that you haven't seen our scheme for 2017, so the only thing you have to go on whatsoever for your statement is data from Greg Roman's offense. You can make things up about a scheme you know nothing about if you prefer, but I like to stick to reality.

Signing two fullbacks in the first week of free agency is pretty indicative of what their game plan will be. Do I want a stud WR2... yeah. Do we actually need one? Probably not. How many targets do you think will even be available? Unless we trade back in this draft, I'll be lit if they take another WR in the top ten. Which is why I'm so interested in Josh Gordon. A trade back situation with Cleveland would be ideal.

That sucks. Looks like another year of relying too much on Sammy's health.

If Corey Davis is there and we don't take him, then that will end the BPA debate-we are a team that drafts for need- the only sure way to screw up a franchise.

Corey is is going to be a special nfl player. The next A.J. or Julio. Two guys that get their teams to the playoffs almost every year.

Davis is not in that category. Those guys were can't miss prospects throughout the entire draft process. They also played in the SEC against top competition. Davis plays in a weak conference and has injury concerns, he is a good player but may be a reach at 10.

Edited by billspro

Signing two fullbacks in the first week of free agency is pretty indicative of what their game plan will be. Do I want a stud WR2... yeah. Do we actually need one? Probably not. How many targets do you think will even be available? Unless we trade back in this draft, I'll be lit if they take another WR in the top ten. Which is why I'm so interested in Josh Gordon. A trade back situation with Cleveland would be ideal.

The reason the Falcons trade for Julio is fine while the Bills trade for Watkins has been so maligned is the Bills made the move without having a QB who can take anywhere close to full advantage of that kind of weaponry. Watlins, Clay and McCoy have all been here multiple seasons without coming close to reaching their potential as pass-catchers. Its pretty simple, the more you run the ball and the less you throw it, the less a WR can affect the game. I'm not interested in doubling down on a past mistake and burning more primary assets on WR without having the ability to use them.

Gordon I'd be fine with, as you say, the issue is burning the primary asset for something we can't even use.

All I'm saying is that you haven't seen our scheme for 2017, so the only thing you have to go on whatsoever for your statement is data from Greg Roman's offense. You can make things up about a scheme you know nothing about if you prefer, but I like to stick to reality.

as Moulds points out, we signed two fullbacks right quick. Seems like common sense to me that as long as Tyrod is QB the Bills will need to be run-heavy, again, maybe you disagree.

as Moulds points out, we signed two fullbacks right quick. Seems like common sense to me that as long as Tyrod is QB the Bills will need to be run-heavy, again, maybe you disagree.

Tolbert isn't playing FB. He's going to be our RB in short yardage and goal line situations, and a special teamer since we got rid of Easley. I've stated it before, but based on Dennison's past and some tidbits I've heard you can expect our pass attempts per game to go up from ~29 to ~35. And in case you're wondering, that would have ranked 20th in attempts per game in '15 and 21st last year. Still not a ton of throwing, but an uptick from 31st & 32nd.

Tolbert isn't playing FB. He's going to be our RB in short yardage and goal line situations, and a special teamer since we got rid of Easley. I've stated it before, but based on Dennison's past and some tidbits I've heard you can expect our pass attempts per game to go up from ~29 to ~35. And in case you're wondering, that would have ranked 20th in attempts per game in '15 and 21st last year. Still not a ton of throwing, but an uptick from 31st & 32nd.

Now I see where you're coming from, thanks. I stand by my view on WR early in the draft.