I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

The BBMB required a certain number of posts before someone could start a thread. I notice that TBD doesn't have that requirement, but we can't add a signature until we've hit 100 posts. That seems odd. Not that I care about the sig, but it seems like you could reduce the bad threads just by requiring a minimum number of posts.

For the record, I haven't created a thread here.

100 posts gets you two Buffalo's ! You can do it!!!!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

You make some very good points and I was a little taken back when I read this quote from Terry Pegula about his vote regarding the Raider relocation " I know that the fans in Buffalo went through some hardship mentally wondering what was going to happen to their franchise. But you know, these things happen." These things happen??? Ouch. You are absolutely right when you wrote that the NFL wants a team in Toronto and no team will be allowed to move ther as long as the Bills are in Buffalo.

All that being said, I still think the Pegulas want to keep the team here in Buffalo.

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

You're a clown. Take your big red nose off. It's making you look stupid.

Edited by WildBills

....Pegula responds to stadium question in Phoenix presser.....new digs are a long way off despite what Goodell may want IMO.....

Pegula, who like 30 other owners voted in favor of the Oakland Raiders moving to Las Vegas, was asked about the Bills’ stadium situation, and he admitted it is not a topic on the front burner.

“The state just got through with a rather expensive renovation on the stadium,” Pegula said of the 2014 upgrades at New Era Field. “I don't think it's our place to make demands and ask for things right now. We have a lease on our stadium until 2023 and we're looking forward to the football season and not talking about stadiums.”

....Pegula responds to stadium question in Phoenix presser.....new digs are a long way off despite what Goodell may want IMO.....

Pegula, who like 30 other owners voted in favor of the Oakland Raiders moving to Las Vegas, was asked about the Bills stadium situation, and he admitted it is not a topic on the front burner.

The state just got through with a rather expensive renovation on the stadium, Pegula said of the 2014 upgrades at New Era Field. I don't think it's our place to make demands and ask for things right now. We have a lease on our stadium until 2023 and we're looking forward to the football season and not talking about stadiums.

Yeah but can you actually believe anything coming directly from the mouth of the owner, hmmmmmm?????

Yeah but can you actually believe anything coming directly from the mouth of the owner, hmmmmmm?????

....oh uh.....Jeff's Magic helped you write this post???....I'm thinking he is actually Tommy DonoHOLE trashing the organization that he set back a decade single handedly.............

Why do you think the Pegula's seem to have no interest in building a new stadium?

When they purchased the team wasn't it contingent upon them doing so?

Do you have any idea what kind of planning it's going to take to get a stadium built downtown? Which is where Pegula is going to have a stadium built. Highways will need to be redone, buildings taken down. Massive massive undertaking that I'm would bet is already underway behind closed doors.

Why do you think the Pegula's seem to have no interest in building a new stadium?

When they purchased the team wasn't it contingent upon them doing so?

....they had 60,000 season tickets sold in 2015....with a capacity of 73,000, that leaves 13,000 unsold for walk ups and game day.....at the same time, they do not publish occupancy rates of suites (our company has one)....so I'm not sure what would be Pegula's impetus to invest megamillions in new digs....what would be his gain and what would be his ROI?...........

Do you have any idea what kind of planning it's going to take to get a stadium built downtown? Which is where Pegula is going to have a stadium built. Highways will need to be redone, buildings taken down. Massive massive undertaking that I'm would bet is already underway behind closed doors.

Exactly.

Since a ton of planning and work has to go into a new stadium, shouldn't they at least get started with the initial planning process?

“Kim, Russ and I look forward to working and collaborating with Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan in forming a winning future for the organization…This stable foundation is necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL. Our coach needs to know that, through the good and the bad, there’s stability. The players need to know there’s stability. And by the way, that doesn’t help our players any to start reading that their coach is going to get fired.”

Kim, Russ and I look forward to working and collaborating with Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan in forming a winning future for the organizationThis stable foundation is necessary to achieve long term success in the NFL. Our coach needs to know that, through the good and the bad, theres stability. The players need to know theres stability. And by the way, that doesnt help our players any to start reading that their coach is going to get fired.

And then the coach's D went south and he earned his firing.

And then the coach's D went south and he earned his firing.

Well, you and I might think that should do it. Problem is that Pegula took pains to say that such an outcome would not matter this year. Go back and read his statement.

Exactly.

Since a ton of planning and work has to go into a new stadium, shouldn't they at least get started with the initial planning process?

How do you know they aren't?

Pegulas was just on the news saying that it would be unfair to ask the State to help fund a new stadium so soon after they just spent 100 million to renovate New Era Stadium and that they have a lease for that stadium until 2023. He's right because asking New York State is asking the tax payer. So, yes, it would be too soon to ask New Yorkers to pony up 500 million for a new stadium already. I would be willing to bet my life that a new stadium will be in the making by 2020 after they win the Super Bowl.

How do you know they aren't?

Pegulas was just on the news saying that it would be unfair to ask the State to help fund a new stadium so soon after they just spent 100 million to renovate New Era Stadium and that they have a lease for that stadium until 2023. He's right because asking New York State is asking the tax payer. So, yes, it would be too soon to ask New Yorkers to pony up 500 million for a new stadium already. I would be willing to bet my life that a new stadium will be in the making by 2020 after they win the Super Bowl.

I'm sure there is some level of planning going on behind the scenes. Now, cue those who get outraged when they are not privy to everything that happens behind closed doors! They do NOT have to tell us everything. :) Edited by Augie

This is some meat to this, IMO. Cities and states are strapped for $$ and elected officials along with residents are reevaluating the viability of having an NFL team. Especially in blue states. Cities like Oakland, San Diego and Buffalo may simply not be able to afford the high ticket price of a new stadium ($1.5B+) or do not want the team there anymore.

I think the Buffalo fan base is different though and I believe the Pegula's want to keep the Bills in Buffalo. It'll take some serious muscle to get the city/county/state to pony up ... good luck with that.

This is some meat to this, IMO. Cities and states are strapped for $$ and elected officials along with residents are reevaluating the viability of having an NFL team. Especially in blue states. Cities like Oakland, San Diego and Buffalo may simply not be able to afford the high ticket price of a new stadium ($1.5B+) or do not want the team there anymore.

I think the Buffalo fan base is different though and I believe the Pegula's want to keep the Bills in Buffalo. It'll take some serious muscle to get the city/county/state to pony up ... good luck with that.

No, it won't. In about 3 years when the actual building starts. Building a stadium and more highway to that stadium creates a lot of jobs which politicians will love.