Bills/Seahawks propose expanded replay review

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.

Challenging a penalty called I can see happening, but challenging an uncalled penalty is too much.... literally every play a penalty could be called.... it will be a bigger mess then it already is in terms of the game becoming more of a joke.

Yeah I cant imagine the uncalled penalty thing unless it is limited to a Personal Foul or PI

Edited by Bray Wyatt

No but - you should eject the guy. It should cost more than a game check too. Maybe a percentage of total compensation for the year? or game check? Whichever is higher. And similar to hockey, you have a group look at the hit and decide if further suspension is warranted.

No transparency or accountability when it comes to officiating in the NFL IMO.

Correcting mistakes real time adds both in my humble opinion.

Slowing or altering the flow of the football game has been the biggest concern in past discussions.

I get that and agree

With the way the rules have changed, especially with bang bang targeting and blow to the QB's helmet penalties that cost teams 15 yards and automatic first downs, I see these issues coming to the forefront as much as the length of the games.

True.

Challenging a penalty called I can see happening, but challenging an uncalled penalty is too much.... literally every play a penalty could be called.... it will be a bigger mess then it already is in terms of the game becoming more of a joke.

You still only get one chance to call it unless the Officials missed something.

if they're missing penalties play after play then the problem needs to be fixed.

You ever think holding someone accountable might help?

They are moving to a centralized video center approach ala the NHL in Toronto.

Well now we know we will be being screwed all the time! You would think with Goodell being from Jamestown the refs would be nicer to us ahhaha

No transparency or accountability when it comes to officiating in the NFL IMO.

Correcting mistakes real time adds both in my humble opinion.

An accidental bumping into might cure that. a small one mind you.

just a quip. I do not condone the intentional harming of Refs

The Longest Yard treatment.

All they need is someone who is watching the game who can call down to the field when there is an obvious mistake - gets corrected in seconds and game moves on with no delay. If everybody sitting on their couch or in a bar can see a blown call so can designated officials for that purpose. Challenges from teams on the field are so unnecessary.

Scary. As much as we need better officiating we don't need 6 hour baseball games

Where do people get this from? You still have the same amount of challenges...

Very dumb.

The game will take 10 hours. There's arguably a penalty on every play.

Funny you were the one guy I expected to not get it.

Where do people get this from? You still have the same amount of challenges...

Funny you were the one guy I expected to not get it.

teams already slow down the game to make sure they get a viewpoint of a penalty called. imagine slowing it down to see if one could be called?

coaches are simply - especially ball control offenses like the seahawks, patriots, falcons predicated on time of possession and exacting detail - going to use that extra time to check for a penalty and this could run a fast paced offense.

teams already slow down the game to make sure they get a viewpoint of a penalty called. imagine slowing it down to see if one could be called?

coaches are simply - especially ball control offenses like the seahawks, patriots, falcons predicated on time of possession and exacting detail - going to use that extra time to check for a penalty and this could run a fast paced offense.

They do it two times and then never again for the rest of the game. Go ahead...

They do it two times and then never again for the rest of the game.

they do and its slowed the game down. we just need better officiating and tube tv's.

. Go ahead...

where am i going?

where am i going?

where am i going?

It will be a mess. You will see this challenge every game without question. Team will just do it for the sake of desperation and waste more time.

I understand the skepticism, but If your looking for fair Officiating the goal would be to get all plays correctly not just part of them in my humble opinion Scott, and with all due respect.

I think we already see the challenge being used in almost every game now IMO.