London "Terrorist Attack"

That's touchy. Considering he's quoting a hadith, that's perilously close to suppression of religion. The equivalent of banning Psalm 139.

Talk about "knowingly obtuse"!

There are no religious christians killing in the name of Psalm 139 or any other religion, only muslims cutting the heads off of people everywhere in the world.

When was the last time we saw anybody but a muslim with a human head or lighting people on fire, or cutting the throat of people lined up for a video?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about "knowingly obtuse"!

There are no religious christians killing in the name of Psalm 139 or any other religion, only muslims cutting the heads off of people everywhere in the world.

When was the last time we saw anybody but a muslim with a human head or lighting people on fire, or cutting the throat of people lined up for a video?

Last Saturday.

I do not "hate" Israel. I recognize their right to exist. I realize their ancestors once called that home. I believe the holy land is just that, a land of the three faiths of Christianity, Judaism and Islam. You won't and can't find a single post of mine calling for the death of Israel. I never have and I never will.

oye. i know your not this dense.

you asked how my reply applied to your quote. my response was to pick what portion of your quote that my reply responded to.

If your going to be condescending at least get you're grammar right when you do so.

And I'm not so much referring to present political hostilities as I am cultural hostilities. But either way you still don't give me a reason to support this importation. I say I don't want to import people hostile to our culture and you admit they're hostile but say it's our fault. Even if I accept your premise, it still means they're hostile and I don't want mass importation of people who are hostile toward us.

And their culture is miles away from what you'd ever accept from anyone born in the west.

Edited by Rob's House

Now as a practical matter can you answer what would happen over the next 25 years or so if the governments of the world all got together and abolished all religion? Any theories?

This is just a guess, but I'd venture the answer is absolutely nothing would change. Racism is religiosity is tribalism and they're all too ingrained to be exorcised simply by abolishing a given people's particular system of worship.

This is just a guess, but I'd venture the answer is absolutely nothing would change. Racism is religiosity is tribalism and they're all too ingrained to be exorcised simply by abolishing a given people's particular system of worship.

Bingo.

Islam never had a Reformation...which means they also never had a Peace of Westphalia.

Bingo.

Islam never had a Reformation...which means they also never had a Peace of Westphalia.

Correct. And while you might argue that the political boundaries drawn via Westphalia sovereignty weren't a completely accurate representation of the true religious dynasism that existed at the time, they were at least subject to some sort of legislative process with a degree of input from those concerned. The Middle East as we know it today is just the result of really poor gerrymandering by various European colonialist powers...it's likely the Ottoman Empire's political lines would have been a marginally stabilizing force today had they not been redrawn.

Long story short, I think blaming Islam is only accurate by happenstance...these are a bunch of sloppily thrown-together 'countries' with long standing (waaaaay long-standing) cultural differences and grudges forced into an anglicized sociogovernmental structure. They just happen to be prominently Muslim.

IMG_0271.jpg?resize=580%2C433

The only way you defeat this evil is by continue as before. That may seem a mundane response but it is our "the every man joe public's" only way of responding.

There is, even at Governmental level, nothing you can do to stop last Wednesday. A domestically born madman, radicalised in a twisted ideology, driving a car into innocent people and then charging at an unarmed police officer with a knife.

This is not even like fighting the Irish Republican Army where there were structures and a chain of command. ISIS and their like do not have chains of command. Nobody ordered him to commit this attack. They work by brainwash. They spread their hate and then let it fester in diseased minds.

We do have ISIS on the retreat in the middle east. That will no doubt help but as we found when we chopped the head of the Al Qaeda dragon another pops up just as quickly and in many ways more deplorable and dangerous than the last.

Ultimately we win by upholding our principles. We can beat ISIS with guns and bombs but actually defeating the twisted ideology of this bastardised radical version of Islam once and for all? We can only win that ideas war by ensuring it is our ideas (of freedom, democracy, diversity, respect and justice) that endure.

If your going to be condescending at least get you're grammar right when you do so.

And I'm not so much referring to present political hostilities as I am cultural hostilities. But either way you still don't give me a reason to support this importation. I say I don't want to import people hostile to our culture and you admit they're hostile but say it's our fault. Even if I accept your premise, it still means they're hostile and I don't want mass importation of people who are hostile toward us.

And their culture is miles away from what you'd ever accept from anyone born in the west.

you have to admit, you had a disconnect of some kind there. it happens, no big deal.

i do not disagree with you in that importing people hostile to our culture, for whatever reason is sheer insanity. i was merely trying to offer the cause of the effect. and as such, we are not blameless for the creating the culture that hates us.

as for what i would and would not accept culture wise... if we could all just stop killing in the name of (insert your favorite deity, state, spaghetti monster, etc...), that would be a great first step.

just wait for the third Testament...

things will really change then... not

Edited by Foxx

On should we get rid of religion I personally would love to live in a world where we don't have to scare people into behaving well with threats of mythical beasts sitting in judgment.... but it is never going to happen. Religion is so fundamental to so much of the world's population that it will endure for many millennia to come and history tells us that attempting to "ban" religions has disastrous consequences and strengthens those religions yet further.

Correct. And while you might argue that the political boundaries drawn via Westphalia sovereignty weren't a completely accurate representation of the true religious dynasism that existed at the time, they were at least subject to some sort of legislative process with a degree of input from those concerned. The Middle East as we know it today is just the result of really poor gerrymandering by various European colonialist powers...it's likely the Ottoman Empire's political lines would have been a marginally stabilizing force today had they not been redrawn.

Long story short, I think blaming Islam is only accurate by happenstance...these are a bunch of sloppily thrown-together 'countries' with long standing (waaaaay long-standing) cultural differences and grudges forced into an anglicized sociogovernmental structure. They just happen to be prominently Muslim.

Blah blah blah now tell me how people sit idly by as governments tear down their churches synagogues and mosques. They will just sit there and watch? Nothing will happen I guess.

Yeah. They never say anything. Smh.

Why don't you try googling it?

What about all the "likes" and "well done's" on the Fb live coverage of the London attack.

A lot of folks definetly approved of another killing. It was justified and needed according to many if likes and well done's are any barometer.

What about all the "likes" and "well done's" on the Fb live coverage of the London attack.

A lot of folks definetly approved of another killing. It was justified and needed according to many if likes and well done's are any barometer.

lol. right, because allllllllll FB accounts are actual people, gotcha.

Edited by Foxx

apparently you like being manipulated.

sheeple.

Are you the radical Muslim apologist ? Or one those cool antifa guys ?

How many marches have you been in ? What size kitty hat do you wear?

I'm a white guy who feels no guilt. Come at me bro.

Edited by Ryan L Billz