London "Terrorist Attack"

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to abolish all religions.

Outside of trying to make yourself sound smug and/or smarter than those stupid religious people, what is the purpose of this incredibly moronic post?

I get it. You're such a genius that you have ruled out the possibility of a God. Whoopey doooo for you. Congrats.

Now as a practical matter can you answer what would happen over the next 25 years or so if the governments of the world all got together and abolished all religion? Any theories?

Drove Uber for a brief stint in Boston, picked up a well to do Italian from the home land. It was about a 20 minute ride to the airport he spent the entire time raging about what the refugees have done and are doing to the culture of his country. From the lack of respect on a personal level, disobeying laws, refusal to assimilate etc. All the stuff we hear and see as our leaders sit idle.

Just thought it was worth a mention, the anger and disgust that this man spoke with was alarming.

3 pages of thread. Not one expression of remorse or serious post about what happened. What a cesspool.

Sad day for the UK. Be strong allies.

I'm making the two handed heart gesture on my chest where I think my heart is right now.

Really.

Sad.

I was trying to do some research, but I got stonewalled. Does anyone else think the world is no more dangerous today than 30 years ago? And we're all just more plugged in than ever?

Yeah thirty years ago the world trade center was blowing up all the time.

This is happening more and more, all across Europe. It's somehow easier for us to accept the murder of innocents when it happens in a culture and land as far away as the middle east - Shiites vs Sunni, Arab Vs Israeli, the eternal struggle that is the middle east. It's only when places like Brussels, Nice, London, Paris, Berlin, Orlando, San Bernadino, Fort Hood, New York, and Washington happen that we vow vengeance and mourn the dead.

But it's happening in the west more frequently, and it's happening to people who are completely innocent. The victims are people who live far away from and have nothing at all to do with Islam. jihad, or anything remotely related to these evil bastards. The victims are people like us - liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and worst of all, westerners. Our freedom to choose how we live our lives; what philosophy or even theology in which we choose to base our personal values is what makes us their enemies. If we do not share their faith or believe that Sharia is the best set of laws for governing our society, then they believe we deserve to die. You only need to consider the aforementioned attacks to know this is true.

Pray for the innocent dead. These people are victims. Too many have been lost. This needs to stop. The more western society prattles on with their political correctness, the more this is going to happen.

This is happening more and more, all across Europe. It's somehow easier for us to accept the murder of innocents when it happens in a culture and land as far away as the middle east - Shiites vs Sunni, Arab Vs Israeli, the eternal struggle that is the middle east. It's only when places like Brussels, Nice, London, Paris, Berlin, Orlando, San Bernadino, Fort Hood, New York, and Washington happen that we vow vengeance and mourn the dead.

But it's happening in the west more frequently, and it's happening to people who are completely innocent. The victims are people who live far away from and have nothing at all to do with Islam. jihad, or anything remotely related to these evil bastards. The victims are people like us - liberals, conservatives, libertarians, and worst of all, westerners. Our freedom to choose how we live our lives; what philosophy or even theology in which we choose to base our personal values is what makes us their enemies. If we do not share their faith or believe that Sharia is the best set of laws for governing our society, then they believe we deserve to die. You only need to consider the aforementioned attacks to know this is true.

Pray for the innocent dead. These people are victims. Too many have been lost. This needs to stop. The more western society prattles on with their political correctness, the more this is going to happen.

:beer:

Outside of trying to make yourself sound smug and/or smarter than those stupid religious people, what is the purpose of this incredibly moronic post?

I get it. You're such a genius that you have ruled out the possibility of a God. Whoopey doooo for you. Congrats.

Now as a practical matter can you answer what would happen over the next 25 years or so if the governments of the world all got together and abolished all religion? Any theories?

so, without religion, a deity does not exist? you apparently do not understand that the two are not mutually inclusive. also, that religion is nothing more than a control mechanism is lost upon you as well?

Sad.

I was trying to do some research, but I got stonewalled. Does anyone else think the world is no more dangerous today than 30 years ago? And we're all just more plugged in than ever?

does anyone think that because we're all plugged in, the world is more dangerous than ever?

ignorance is bliss??

Edited by Foxx

so, without religion, a deity does not exist? you apparently do not understand that the two are not mutually inclusive. also, that religion is nothing more than a control mechanism is lost upon you as well?

I simply interpreted what Beef Jerko meant. It isn't difficult.

As for you who seems want to talk down to people in a slightly different way, I'll ask you the same question:

As a practical matter what do you think would happen over the next 25 years if the governments of the world got together and banished religion?

Honest question, how do you stop it?

There is a major difference between what is happening in places such as Nigeria (terrorist attack yesterday) which is organized terror and lone wolf attacks from terrorist sympathizers.

Also, how do you pinpoint a would be attacker? This guy was British born as opposed to someone who came in as a refugee or immigrant.

Honest question, how do you stop it?

There is a major difference between what is happening in places such as Nigeria (terrorist attack yesterday) which is organized terror and lone wolf attacks from terrorist sympathizers.

Also, how do you pinpoint a would be attacker? This guy was British born as opposed to someone who came in as a refugee or immigrant.

Most terrorists inside western countries are actually people born and raised there