NFL to Release a Video on How to Celebrate Touchdowns.

I'm one for "Act like you've done that before".

Spike the ball if you have to then walk off the field or skip to the sideline with a big smile. You can celebrate there.

I'm imagining one of those cheesy '50's black and white PSA type videos.

Touchdown celebrations will lead to this -- queue "Reefer Madness"

MV5BMTY0MDU3NDI3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzUw

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one for "Act like you've done that before".

Spike the ball if you have to then walk off the field or skip to the sideline with a big smile. You can celebrate there

That's your personality. It happens to be mine as well but taking personalities out of football is a mistake.

Making football sterile and uniform is the last thing you want to do.

Football taps into something primal. Us vs. them in arguably the most violent sport on earth.

If there's a place where too many rules and regulations, especially ones put in place to quash individuality were unwelcomed it would be on the gridiron.

I get making the game safer, but they're almost intentionally making it less fun. That takes extraordinary ego.

I love the Bills and the sport of football. But if anyone deserves a huge serving of humble pie it's the NFL.

Edited by likei've

I have to be that guy....really?? No one else gets annoyed when Antonio Brown is twerking infront of their kids, nieces and nephews? The NFL wouldn't have to make stupid rules if stupid players didn't keep pushing the line further and further...

Sure twerking would be hilarious if it was just adults watching...one week he jumps balls first into the FG post...then he's twerking...if the league wasn't fining him and cracking down on it what the hell else would he be doing?

I have to be that guy....really?? No one else gets annoyed when Antonio Brown is twerking infront of their kids, nieces and nephews? The NFL wouldn't have to make stupid rules if stupid players didn't keep pushing the line further and further...

Sure twerking would be hilarious if it was just adults watching...one week he jumps balls first into the FG post...then he's twerking...if the league wasn't fining him and cracking down on it what the hell else would he be doing?

By your logic they should act appropriately according to who is watching. Have you ever considered the adults and children that enjoy twerking?

I mean common sense man, you know?

By your logic they should act appropriately according to who is watching. Have you ever considered the adults and children that enjoy twerking?

I mean common sense man, you know?

The NFL is marketing a product and clearly they are not intrested in offending a portion of their audience to entertain another.

The NFL is marketing a product and clearly they are not intrested in offending a portion of their audience to entertain another.

I think you might be surprised to realize you're in the minority.

If every fan that ever went to a game filled out a survey you'd find that most would check off "who cares?!"

there would probably only be a few smaller market teams like the Bills where fans would check "eww, I don't want to see that!"

We're more open minded than our parents generation. Our kids will be more open minded than us, and so on.

In a decades worth of time we won't even be a thought.

Edited by likei've

I think you might be surprised to realize you're in the minority.

If every fan that ever went to a game filled out a survey you'd find that most would check off "who cares?!"

there would probably only be a few smaller market teams like the Bills where fans would check "eww, I don't want to see that!"

And in a decades worth of time we won't even be a thought.

Right. Let's survey a crowd dominated by drinking age males and their companions and use that to shape our buisness model. Take that same survey and have every household take it and the results would be different.

I already said I wouldn't care if it was me and my buddies, it's hilarious to me. Not so funny for other folks though and I don't think it's hard to see why. As I said earlier if they aren't cracking down on players where would it end up? Most of it is harmless fun but you can be sure it would get offensive to some folks and the NFL is simply protecting their product.

Let's be realistic no one is going to stop watching because they don't allow celebrations and certain players will still do it anyways.

That's your personality. It happens to be mine as well but taking personalities out of football is a mistake.

Making football sterile and uniform is the last thing you want to do.

Football taps into something primal. Us vs. them in arguably the most violent sport on earth.

If there's a place where too many rules and regulations, especially ones put in place to quash individuality were unwelcomed it would be on the gridiron.

I get making the game safer, but they're almost intentionally making it less fun. That takes extraordinary ego.

I love the Bills and the sport of football. But if anyone deserves a huge serving of humble pie it's the NFL.

They can celebrate, but not on the field. Spike it, or jump into the stands then dance your way back to the sideline.

I don't need to see 30 seconds of gesticulating by small group

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

They can celebrate, but not on the field. Spike it, or jump into the stands then dance your way back to the sideline.

I don't need to see 30 seconds of gesticulating by small group

Like I said, I'm in the same group you are. Imo, less is more.

But this is supposed to be entertainment and we're not the only people to please.

I'm not saying they won't stop it, just that it's the wrong move.

Most players that played in the usfl (JK included) said that the usfl was way more fun and the NFL was uptight. That was in the 80's, it's only gotten worse since then.

If they keep going this way it's only going to become more and more sterile. People will lose interest, and it'll happen sooner than it has to.

This will sound cliche but football is supposed to be fun. Not just for a small minority that dislikes twerking but for everyone.

im not a fan of the dancing, but how boring would life be if everyone only did things the way I liked them done?

If players can't dance, then Gronk can't spike, and the Packers can't jump in the stands.

What's fair is fair.

Edited by likei've

Get rid of the stupid celebrations. It's dumb. These players are now dancing around when they make a first down. That's their fricken job - move the ball down the field. Frankly, I always had more respect in a Marv Levy-run team where there were very few celebrations. Those player more often than not scored the TD and then handed the ball to the ref. The opinion of Marv and the players was to act like you've been in the endzone before and will be there again. The way some of these guys act is like they have no idea what it feels like to score a TD.

Get rid of the stupid celebrations. It's dumb. These players are now dancing around when they make a first down. That's their fricken job - move the ball down the field. Frankly, I always had more respect in a Marv Levy-run team where there were very few celebrations. Those player more often than not scored the TD and then handed the ball to the ref. The opinion of Marv and the players was to act like you've been in the endzone before and will be there again. The way some of these guys act is like they have no idea what it feels like to score a TD.

Andre Reed has some very fun celebrations. I actually have a signed photo of him jumping like five feet into the air and spiking the ball through his outstretched legs.

Looks awesome and I'm sure every single one of us old enough to watch it were screaming our heads off,

People need to relax.

Edited by likei've

TO and chad Johnson started this whole thing when they started bringing in props, choreographed team celebrations, and actually causing delays in the game.

The league pretty much had to do something, and when that happens, there have to be guidelines because people play dumb and act like they cant believe it when a flag comes out.

So now, the idiots will be sat down, told to watch this video, and if you do something that is against the rules, pay the fine or get the flag. Now there are visuals (to help the people who have trouble reading) to go along with the written rules.

It happens alot, the actions of a few ruin it for everyone.

Most spontaneous celebrations are fine. Twerking? No thanks. Not for a football game anyway. The NFL is a business. They can run it as they see fit. There should be some guidelines . Twerking and mooning would probably fall on the other side of most reasonable ones.

TO and chad Johnson started this whole thing when they started bringing in props, choreographed team celebrations, and actually causing delays in the game.

The league pretty much had to do something, and when that happens, there have to be guidelines because people play dumb and act like they cant believe it when a flag comes out.

So now, the idiots will be sat down, told to watch this video, and if you do something that is against the rules, pay the fine or get the flag. Now there are visuals (to help the people who have trouble reading) to go along with the written rules.

It happens alot, the actions of a few ruin it for everyone.

...Billy "White Shoes" Johnson was the first celebrant I believe in 1984 with Houston Oilers.....and he was pretty darn good....