Zach Brown visiting Bills

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports free agent LB Zach Brown has narrowed his list down to the Dolphins and Raiders.

The report suggests his visit with the Bills, who he played for last season, did not go well. Salguero points out neither team has met his asking price to this point, so it is possible another team swoops in with a better offer. Brown would be a great get for either team, especially if it comes at a discounted price.

Related: Dolphins, Raiders

Source: Miami Herald

Mar 25 - 11:10 AM

Perhap he wasn't comfortable with McD's culture change and expectations

Apparently hewasn't happy with the role McD envisioned for him. Which was just sub packages, which is a good thing because they must be satisfied with what they got for the starting roles.

Remember guys, Preston looked great his rookie year in a 4-3 , in both the run and pass coverage. I'm sure the coaching staff

People will say Ragland is slow and can't cover at this level but I argue that he plays much faster than his 40 time and has terrific instincts, he can be a force and the coaches must like him in some role.

Finally Zo was re signed , so coaches must feel he's a better fit than Brown . They apparently discussed his role and look at him as a good fit out there.

Zach didn't look so hot in a 43 for the Titans. I'd love him as depth of course but he obviously isn't valued much in this scheme...

Apparently hewasn't happy with the role McD envisioned for him. Which was just sub packages, which is a good thing because they must be satisfied with what they got for the starting roles.

Remember guys, Preston looked great his rookie year in a 4-3 , in both the run and pass coverage. I'm sure the coaching staff

People will say Ragland is slow and can't cover at this level but I argue that he plays much faster than his 40 time and has terrific instincts, he can be a force and the coaches must like him in some role.

Finally Zo was re signed , so coaches must feel he's a better fit than Brown . They apparently discussed his role and look at him as a good fit out there.

Zach didn't look so hot in a 43 for the Titans. I'd love him as depth of course but he obviously isn't valued much in this scheme...

i saw the tweet from Chenelly about him being unhappy with his role here this season but I also wonder if he's not excited about the new culture. Regardless, the reports out of TC were that Ragland looked very good in coverage (and everything else). Don't know if the surgery/recovery will affect that but at least he will have had an entire year to recover.

Reggie Ragland playing LB is really the least of my worries

@draftdiamonds

Yesterday a report came out saying Free Agent LB Zach Brown was deciding between #Raiders and #Dolphins. That is False

I do not know what teams have shown interest besides the teams he has already visited. I let them keep that personal

Edited by YoloinOhio

Zach has more speed to play OLB then Preston or Ragland who are slow even at MLB .

I blame Rex for making a mess of the D wanting his type of players

I guess they could put a Safety in for OLB

Ragland is a fierce player instinctive player. He will find a home in Buffalo Bills D.

Preston is a carry over.

We shall see if they cannot find a role player elsewhere. Perhaps this staff really can play a solid game without a KuechlyDavis wanna be like ZB.

Jay Ajayi.

BOOM ! went Jay

and Boom you went.

Point made

I blame Rex for everything

Reasonable take.

Well, hopefully we replace him by then..

agreed on both points.

since the smart folks concur about reddick being a fine fit for McD and Frazier

Preston looked good first season , not great. But much better than he has last two seasons. and was improving a bit last year.

!!o% on Ragland. I got my money on this kid, even with his perceived weakness of speed.

Lorax feels to me as mostly package pass rush.

I did not know Zach was in a 4-3 for the Titans and that might be why he was lackluster fro them. Great points thanks !

I still think we should pull our offer. Just my 2. We should not be the fall back option because we offered the most money. If he doesn't want to be here then take away that option for him. Edited by H2o

Ragland had a pretty solid 40 time, I think he was around 4.63. He is easily fast enough to cover. Foster ran a 4.7 at his pro day for comparison.

I still think we should pull our offer. Just my 2. We should not be the fall back option because we offered the most money. If he doesn't want to be here then take away that option for him.

A shame, shame.. slap on the hand? Would it effect negotiations with Oakland and Miami? Maybe forcing Miami to pay more? I guess I'm unsure what use it'd be at this time. Can you elaborate a bit Water?

A shame, shame.. slap on the hand? Would it effect negotiations with Oakland and Miami? Maybe forcing Miami to pay more? I guess I'm unsure what use it'd be at this time. Can you elaborate a bit Water?

He has had a bipolar FA period. He's expressed feelings of wanting to be elsewhere and apparently wasn't happy with what his role would be here. With the things that have been put out there I would pull our offer. You don't want a guy here who is just collecting a check or who chose us as a fall back option because we offered the most money. I'd rather move on than have a guy who "settled" to be here.

He has had a bipolar FA period. He's expressed feelings of wanting to be elsewhere and apparently wasn't happy with what his role would be here. With the things that have been put out there I would pull our offer. You don't want a guy here who is just collecting a check or who chose us as a fall back option because we offered the most money. I'd rather move on than have a guy who "settled" to be here.

I agree that there's been so much back and forth that it's gotten frustrating for us fans who follow the Bills so closely. He did fired his agent, hence the 2nd meeting with us. His buddy is doing him no favors live tweeting every fart the dude squeaks out. I don't know that I'd pull the offer but I understand where you are coming from. As devils advocate, I can see where he is coming from too. Best year he had was last year and a football players career could end in 1 play, so I'd want to bank on a big contract too. He's just not going about it as professional as I'd like to see.

Still interested in seeing how this shakes out.