• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, let it go

Yep. /thread

what he said

But since I'm here

Ha ha, this is the stupidest thread since trading Mario for Skelton. EJ has a CHANCE to make an NFL roster, Tyrod Taylor is a starting NFL QB that is 15-14 with 47 TDs and 12 INTs over the last 2 years. Tyrod should be compared to guys like Tannehill. EJ should be compared to guys like Geno. Please just close this

Some are asking why a "starting" QB didn't get any interest f NFL teams and accepted a $10

Mil pay cut

The last Jets game should have told you this answer already.

yes it did. It told Taylor your not worthy of being a top payed QB

acknowledge reality: that Tyrod Taylor is a below average- but worthy of starting- NFL QB, as opposed to a complete abomination.

below average- but worthy of starting- NFL QB

That is funny

what he said

But since I'm here

Some are asking why a "starting" QB didn't get any interest f NFL teams and accepted a $10

Mil pay cutyes it did. It told Taylor your not worthy of being a top payed QB

how do you know he didnt get any interest? Its not 100% about money for some players

I don't. Do you? I'd be interested in reading about it.

I've read a lot of stories aka rumors about teams looking at available QB's I'd don't recall reading much about any interest in going after Tyrod

wasnt there like 20 articles about cleveland wanting him, remember seeing denver alot also

False

Sources listed. John from Hemet, Bobonators, Scott Law, #badol, new guys like Happydays/Transplant/Bill with it

Just because you left the fanboy club after observing his flaws doesn't mean others followed.

You, Rootabaga, and a few others left the CoT after the Oak and Pitt games as logic won over.

Bad all around and just wrong.

I have been a bills fan for 30 years.

I have rooted for every player on this team.

I am optomistic about having an offense that was top ten this year.

Im optimistic about the best quarterback we have had in almost two decades.

Get your life together, and quit posting lies.

Great question. A "Tyrod Fanboy" is a strawman created by about 5% of the posters on TBD who are irrationally anti-Tyrod. Of those irrationally anti-Tyrod posters, 95% of them are as such because they used to be irrationally pro-EJ themselves and were upset when Tyrod won the job and even stooped so low as to claim that there was a conspiracy involved (much like Trump claiming he didn't win the popular vote because of illegal votes). In any event, in the countless years, days and hours I have spent on this website, I have never encountered one poster who has tried to prop Tyrod Taylor up as more than he is: a below average to potentially average but STARTING NFL QB. You would think by seeing the term "Tyrod Fanboy" flung around so haphazardly, that there would be people on this website somewhere insisting he is already, or will be at some point in the near future, an elite NFL QB. In actuality, no such people exist. So when you see the term "Tyrod Fanboy," it is ex-EJ Fanboys (irrationally optimistic fans, mind you) bitterly lashing out at posters who acknowledge reality: that Tyrod Taylor is a below average- but worthy of starting- NFL QB, as opposed to a complete abomination.

Wow its like BBMB.

Great question. A "Tyrod Fanboy" is a strawman created by about 5% of the posters on TBD who are irrationally anti-Tyrod. Of those irrationally anti-Tyrod posters, 95% of them are as such because they used to be irrationally pro-EJ themselves and were upset when Tyrod won the job and even stooped so low as to claim that there was a conspiracy involved (much like Trump claiming he didn't win the popular vote because of illegal votes). In any event, in the countless years, days and hours I have spent on this website, I have never encountered one poster who has tried to prop Tyrod Taylor up as more than he is: a below average to potentially average but STARTING NFL QB. You would think by seeing the term "Tyrod Fanboy" flung around so haphazardly, that there would be people on this website somewhere insisting he is already, or will be at some point in the near future, an elite NFL QB. In actuality, no such people exist. So when you see the term "Tyrod Fanboy," it is ex-EJ Fanboys (irrationally optimistic fans, mind you) bitterly lashing out at posters who acknowledge reality: that Tyrod Taylor is a below average- but worthy of starting- NFL QB, as opposed to a complete abomination.

It was exactly the same on BBMB. Not all, but for many of the anti-Tyrod people you could trace their animosity all the way back to when EJ lost the starting competition. Very strange group of people. At least one on the other board still believed EJ was the better QB.

Mil pay cut

yes it did. It told Taylor your not worthy of being a top payed QB

Who said he didn't get any interest?!? Mike Glennon got $15M a year. TT took the $30M guaranteed and can hit FA again at 28 or 29. He can cash in again. NBA players have been doing it for years. They take short term deals for long-terms gains. It's not terribly different than what Cousins is doing. Pay me now so that I am good and pay me again in a couple of years.

Bad all around and just wrong.

I have been a bills fan for 30 years.

I have rooted for every player on this team.

I am optomistic about having an offense that was top ten this year.

Im optimistic about the best quarterback we have had in almost two decades.

Get your life together, and quit posting lies.

False. I recall our first interaction.

You got all emo and even claimed Tyrod played great against the Pats over a 4 game sample size.

Context matters. Watch the games. Best qb in 2 decades, listed between Simien, Tannenhill (games missed) Osweiler, and Keenum in this year. Woooo hoooo !

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Except of course the circumstance that the thread is about, in which EJ Manuel is their QB. In that circumstance the Bills would win easily, unless you missed his 3 games these past two seasons. I don't know if there's a team in the NFL that could beat the 2017 Bills with EJ as their starter. Yes I say that confidently without knowing how the draft and FA play out. He is so horifically bad and the Raiders don't have a good defense, so it would likely be a blowout actually. I guess if Lynch goes there they'd have an outside shot if the Bills are really bad?

And that's about as much time as I'll ever spend again talking about EJ Manuel. Please let it die.

Yeah, a great guy and teammate who can't play quarterback at a professional level. When you say "most backup QBs are pretty terrible," does that go to prove that the Bills would lose to EJ? Not following that logic at all. The Bills lately have beaten terrible teams easily, for the most part. We aren't losing to the EJs of the NFL. I don't understand how anyone could think the EJ-led Raiders have any shot of beating, well just about anyone by my estimation.

The Raiders are a terrible team? The Bills lost to the Jets with Tyrod starting at home in prime time.

Bills beat New England and their 3rd string QB. That'd be the best argument for the Bills beating the Raiders. I'd expect Carr to be back next year regardless and not sure if Taylor will be starting if the Bills take a QB early.

False. I recall our first interaction.

You got all emo and even claimed Tyrod played great against the Pats over a 4 game sample size.

Context matters. Watch the games. Best qb in 2 decades, listed between Simien, Tannenhill (games missed) Osweiler, and Keenum in this year. Woooo hoooo !

No you said Tyrod got pantsed I believe the term was to which I provided details showing that Tyrod wasnt pantsed in all the games. Might want to see a doc about your memory.

Wow, can you imagine if EJ does better then Tyrod, oh the embarrassment at OBD and as a Bills fan. Tyrod fanboys would be hiding under a rock for sure.

I noticed that the BBMB was referenced a couple times in this thread. Towards the end, that board was pretty much two overbearing mods, and a handful of troll posters including this guy who were despite that, were still allowed to create or reply to the same spam subject threads with horrible opinions every day without any consequence.

I hope the TBD veterans will realize that most of the influx that came from the BBMB boards including myself are regular Bills fans like you guys that just want to talk reasonably online about their favorite team. We just made the mistake of picking the wrong place to do so for a few years. I know the post that I replied to doesn't help the cause though.

Edited by dgrochester55

Let's see if EJ even gets the backup job first, before we start wondering who would win in an EJ vs Tyrod showdown...

EJ is 0-5 in his last 5 starts, though. If by some crazy chance EJ does start when the Raiders play the Bills, I will take the Bills for the win.

Except of course the circumstance that the thread is about, in which EJ Manuel is their QB. In that circumstance the Bills would win easily, unless you missed his 3 games these past two seasons. I don't know if there's a team in the NFL that could beat the 2017 Bills with EJ as their starter. Yes I say that confidently without knowing how the draft and FA play out. He is so horifically bad and the Raiders don't have a good defense, so it would likely be a blowout actually. I guess if Lynch goes there they'd have an outside shot if the Bills are really bad?

And that's about as much time as I'll ever spend again talking about EJ Manuel. Please let it die.

It matters not the circumstances of the thread. The fact remains that QBs don't play against other QBs. They're not even on the field at the same time, so it's a silly notion.

And I understood the point of the thread.

Gov. David Patterson could be the Raiders' QB ... and the Raiders would still beat the Bills next year.