FA CB Deshawn Shead visiting Bills

Why are they even bothering with the visit then?

You tell me.

Why did they bring in Andre Smith for a visit?

I've seen this story way too many times in Buffalo. A player that would help this team at a position on need is brought in for a visit, or we hear there is interest, and at the end of the day, there really was no chance because we are playing checkers while everyone else players chess.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell me.

I've seen this story way too many times in Buffalo. A player that would help this team at a position on need is brought in for a visit, or we hear there is interest, and at the end of the day, there really was no chance because we are playing checkers while everyone else players chess.

Did you think we were going to sign Mario?

You tell me.

wait i thought i read here that whaley plays tic tac toe

Whaley picks his nose.

Some gms play chess, others tic tax toe. some play checkers and whaley picks his nose.

I actually think he is doing a fine job.

so do i, just find it funny all the hate and blame he gets. Definately the new whipping post

You tell me.

I know you're new here, so let me refresh your memory a bit.

For the largest part of the franchise, the Bills were owned by a renowned skinflint who didn't like to spend big money on supporting players and instead ordered his subordinates to find undrafted free agents to fill many spots. I understand that owner has passed away and the ownership of the franchise was sold to a guy who appears to have an open wallet to spend freely on players that his subordinates want to bring in. I'm not aware of Bills getting outbid for players they have seriously targeted in the last 3 years. The players that they lost out on didn't turn down Buffalo because they got a much fatter contract elsewhere.

But you may know more than I do.

For the largest part of the franchise, the Bills were owned by a renowned skinflint who didn't like to spend big money on supporting players and instead ordered his subordinates to find undrafted free agents to fill many spots. I understand that owner has passed away and the ownership of the franchise was sold to a guy who appears to have an open wallet to spend freely on players that his subordinates want to bring in. I'm not aware of Bills getting outbid for players they have seriously targeted in the last 3 years. The players that they lost out on didn't turn down Buffalo because they got a much fatter contract elsewhere.

In Pegula's first year as GM...the bills gave out the most up front signing bonus money in the NFL....in..the..entire...NFL

Perfectly said

I wasn't hot on either Carr or Claiborne.

Shead, Alterraun Verner, or Sam Shields are the guys on my list.

Would love to get Shead. Verner would be okay. I like Shields a lot, but those concussions though...

Just don't see this guy coming here. The Bills are trying to get guys cheap, and in this market. that is just an insult to these players.

Not sure why we are even wasting people's time.

???

If he's visiting he is interested. If the Bills are hosting him they are interested. He's not signed anywhere now so

whatever the Bills or any other team might offer beats sitting at home. The money he gets will be directly related

to the medical evals teams get on his knee and their forecast for his recovery time.

If he gets what his talent dictates, the e v a l was positive. If he has to take a smaller deal, the e v a l is positive enough, but there are what ifs that could cause him to miss more time in the future. If he isn't signed by any team the evals are not positive enough and teams will re-visit him later in the year to gauge is recovery.

Fact he's visiting Bills first says a lot though. Ball is in their court.

Edited by purple haze

Like I was saying, he wasn't coming here.

You said he wasn't coming here because Bills would low ball the offer. Not quite the same as him deciding to stay in Seattle. You know, kind of like Bulaga taking a lesser offer to stay in Green Bay.

But your contributions to the discussion are appreciated, because you are an intelligent and erudite poster and we are fortunate to have you here.

Edited by GG