Troy Brown not tendered an offer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always love how the first one to post on if they do or don't want a certain player in Buffalo, is always immediately struck down!

For me, I don't want Brown in Miami, but he's a great player and will do well wherever he goes.

Here's another case of the cold hard machine known as the New England Patriots. Troy Brown, a player who was the ultimate team player this past season, doesn't even get tendered a contract. Don't let the door hit you on the a** on the way out Troy - that's cold even by Belicheck standards.

I'm glad NE just threw him away after he helped that team for 10 years... you know that if he would have gotten something like like 40 catches he would have gotten a huge bonus... all he said was I just want to help the team win and hopefully they'll take care of me after the season... maybe lawyer was right :D

Apparently, this is the cold hard reality of NE... If Bellyache doesn't feel like you offer enough to the "team" anymore, you are gone... or if he feels he'll have to pay you more than minimum... He's bought so much into this "team" thing... but I suppose I can't really argue against 3 trophies in 4 years...

I wonder what he puts in the gatorade though, because I can't figure out how he releases players - strong "team leader" type players... and the remaining players continue to play hard and keep it together... He has something which keeps them together. Maybe he gets blackmail material on his players... :D

I wonder what he puts in the gatorade though, because I can't figure out how he releases players - strong "team leader" type players...  and the remaining players continue to play hard and keep it together...

The players are smart enough to know that they only need to worry when their cap hits begin to outweigh their on-field production.

It IS interesting that the Patriots show no loyalty to players but players show so much loyalty to them.

They only care about the marginal benefit of each player. What have you done for me lately indeed.

257413[/snapback]

I was thinking the same exact thing. Of course we don't know the whole story.

It IS interesting that the Patriots show no loyalty to players but players show so much loyalty to them.

BS. Brown's been getting #1 WR money for #4 WR production for two years now. The guy's a consumate team player and I would love to have him back at a price more fitting of his on-field play, but spare me the "no loyalty" crap. The Pats are as loyal as anyone, but every team has its limits.