Good Luck Tyrod

gjv001

Nothing says "we think you're the greatest" with more sincerity than a request to take a 10M pay cut.

Bravo!

Only on a bills fansight would a starting qb taking a 10 million dollar paycut for the good of the team would be levied AGAINST him

Right on cue!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Tyrod specifically state better receivers?

Also you got to take into consideration, if you're a free agent WR, wouldn't Buffalo be towards the bottom of your list for destinations?

Since you and someone else asked, this is what I'm referring to:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/233627/tyrod-taylors-pay-cut-gives-bills-chance-to-cut-ties-after-2017

In taking the new deal, Taylor lowered his 2017 salary-cap number from $15.9 million to $9.7 million, which the quarterback hoped would give the Bills financial wiggle room to build a better team around him.

"Hopefully we can bring in some guys [at receiver]," Taylor told the Bills-produced radio show last Thursday. "We definitely have some guys on the roster, as well, too. But the more talent the better. I put my faith and my trust in the coaches and the management, that they'll bring in some guys that can create some plays for us."

Honestly I don't know why "at receiver" is in the brackets like that, there must be some context from before that line which made it clear Tyrod was talking about receivers. It might be clearer in the actual John Murphy interview.

And maybe other receivers don't want to come here too badly, but I haven't even heard that we were in the mix for anyone. Jeffrey, Marshall, Torrey Smith - no talk about the Bills going after these guys. For comparison we know the Bills went after OT Andre Smith but he made a different decision. Haven't heard anything like that about FA receivers, except I guess Kamar Aiken.

Since you and someone else asked, this is what I'm referring to:http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/233627/tyrod-taylors-pay-cut-gives-bills-chance-to-cut-ties-after-2017

Honestly I don't know why "at receiver" is in the brackets like that, there must be some context from before that line which made it clear Tyrod was talking about receivers. It might be clearer in the actual John Murphy interview.

And maybe other receivers don't want to come here too badly, but I haven't even heard that we were in the mix for anyone. Jeffrey, Marshall, Torrey Smith - no talk about the Bills going after these guys. For comparison we know the Bills went after OT Andre Smith but he made a different decision. Haven't heard anything like that about FA receivers, except I guess Kamar Aiken.

Wr at 10 and 3rd round perhaps

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/233627/tyrod-taylors-pay-cut-gives-bills-chance-to-cut-ties-after-2017

He could be talking about the draft as well. He just said bring some guys in. They could have told him their draft plans for all we know.

The concern about Wide Receiver is way overblown.

1. It's clear this team is still primarily a Ground & Pound/Run-First offense

2. Tyrod seems to have trouble going through multiple reads on a single play

3. We already struggle to get Sammy Watkins and Charles Clay involved with enough targets

4. The free agent crop of WRs was not strong this year

5. We still have the NFL draft coming up

In the era of free agency, it is very difficult for an NFL team to be strong at every position. So it is important to prioritize, based on your key players and coaching staff.

To invest lots of resources at WR would be stupid and wasteful. Were the Bills supposed to break the bank for Alshon Jeffery or Desean Jackson, just so they can get 2-3 targets a game?

The people complaining about Doug Whaley not flushing money away on big names - are the exact same people that would crucify him for getting us into salary cap trouble on guys that aren't producing enough. (For example... Charles Clay).

He could be talking about the draft as well. He just said bring some guys in. They could have told him their draft plans for all we know.

Well a supposed insider that was at BBMB and is here now (username here is Bills Media) claims the front office doesn't see receiver as a big need, and they plan on drafting a secondary player in the 1st round. This guy was also right about Tyrod restructuring a week before it happened so he has some credibility. But who knows, I'm hoping we draft our #2 but after the top 2-3 guys there's a big fall off.

Edited by HappyDays

The concern about Wide Receiver is way overblown.

1. It's clear this team is still primarily a Ground & Pound/Run-First offense

2. Tyrod seems to have trouble going through multiple reads on a single play

3. We already struggle to get Sammy Watkins and Charles Clay involved with enough targets

4. The free agent crop of WRs was not strong this year

5. We still have the NFL draft coming up

In the era of free agency, it is very difficult for an NFL team to be strong at every position. So it is important to prioritize, based on your key players and coaching staff.

To invest lots of resources at WR would be stupid and wasteful. Were the Bills supposed to break the bank for Alshon Jeffery or Desean Jackson, just so they can get 2-3 targets a game?

The people complaining about Doug Whaley not flushing money away on big names - are the exact same people that would crucify him for getting us into salary cap trouble on guys that aren't producing enough. (For example... Charles Clay).

It would have been interesting to see Hunter play with Tyrod after a full training camp. Hunter was certainly within our cap space.

I don't understand what the plan at receiver is. Tyrod said part of the reason he took a pay cut was to get better receivers on the team. But as of right now we have worse, yes WORSE, receivers than last year. Is the plan to evaluate Tyrod for a year or not? Sounds like they're just saying F it, we'll run our backs into the ground and pray Sammy stays healthy.

This has been a bad weak spot for Whaley, along with RT.

I'm sure they're giving this a lot of thought but we have no idea what the plan is. Maybe a trade? Surely, there will be more FA signings especially after teams start to trim down.

I think the approach ought to be: assemble a good roster before the draft and not rely on the draft to deliver this year's starters. And then whatever you get from the draft is gravy.

Right now, we sorely need another WR and a RT. And I can't say I have a lot of faith in our current secondary. So I'm wondering, how many starters can we get out of the draft?

UPDATE: Rodak just announced that the Bills have signed Andre Holmes.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I'm sure they're giving this a lot of thought but we have no idea what the plan is. Maybe a trade?

I think the approach ought to be: assemble a good roster before the draft and not rely on the draft to deliver this year's starters. And then whatever you get from the draft is gravy.

Right now, we sorely need another WR and a RT. And I can't say I have a lot of faith in our current secondary. So I'm wondering, how many starters can we get out of the draft?

Agree. Thus far this offseason it appears our secondary and WR corp has deteriorated from last years team.

Since we are going to be running the ball a lot...I don't see a need for a high level #2.

Are you always this dramatic?

Let's be realests. All good offenses will have an excellent #2 receivers. It's silly to say a predominate running team can do without a top #2 receiver.

I've noticed that Tyrod taps the X button instead of holding it down, causing a lot of his passes to float incomplete. If he held the x down he would have a tighter, more efficient spiral. Those are just facts, and I think the Bills brass knows that and told him to do that very thing.

Lol, and EJ has the L1 button permanently taped down

Let's be realests. All good offenses will have an excellent #2 receivers. It's silly to say a predominate running team can do without a top #2 receiver.

Sanu is a top level #2? Really?

Name the Steelers #2. There second leading WR had 48 receptions.

Name the Cardinals #2. John Brown at 39 receptions? Floyd at 33 receptions before being released? Top 10 offense and 26 ppg.

Panthers #1 offense last year. Didn't have their #1 last year and Ginn led the team with 44 receptions for WR.

Is this real enough for you?

Edited by Teeflebees