Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

3 hours ago, Doc said:

What's your guess (I'll give you a week range)?  Would you put money on it?

Kim will probably be good for a while. He gains little from launching at this time. He has basically finished testing, as he has done multiple nuclear and delivery method tests already. 

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Kim will probably be good for a while. He gains little from launching at this time. He has basically finished testing, as he has done multiple nuclear and delivery method tests already. 

His ICBMs still have little more than a 40% reliability rate, and his solid-fueled rockets have never been launched.  He's not even close to finishing testing. 

He can, though, test as part of a "space program" as a suitable cover, if he can negotiate that acceptance. 

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

His ICBMs still have little more than a 40% reliability rate, and his solid-fueled rockets have never been launched.  He's not even close to finishing testing. 

He can, though, test as part of a "space program" as a suitable cover, if he can negotiate that acceptance. 

I imagine his nukes are small, too, haha. I think he has established himself and his country (through military power) enough to avoid being Gaddafi'd. 

BKy6Im7.gif

No despot in their right mind would agreed to be de-armed by the US. 

Edited by Paulus

50 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I imagine his nukes are small, too, haha. I think he has established himself and his country (through military power) enough to avoid being Gaddafi'd. 

BKy6Im7.gif

No despot in their right mind would agreed to be de-armed by the US. 

Gadaffi was a special case - tribal warfare interpreted as civil war by a joint American-European to Export Democracy(tm).  Interventionist neocolonial dipshittery of the highest order.

North Korea is significantly different.  

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Gadaffi was a special case - tribal warfare interpreted as civil war by a joint American-European to Export Democracy(tm).  Interventionist neocolonial dipshittery of the highest order.

North Korea is significantly different.  

2a5j63.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

People wondered what realistically Trump and Kim could accomplish in a one day summit. But, as this tweet and all the evidence is showing us, the deal has been done since March. 

It's baffling, to me at least, why the morons on the left thought that Trump and Kim would meet without everything being done beforehand? No leaders are going to go hammer out a deal from scratch in a single meeting.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

It's baffling, to me at least, why the morons on the left thought that Trump and Kim would meet without everything being done beforehand? No leaders are going to go hammer out a deal from scratch in a single meeting.

Particularly with Trump and Kim.  That's a pair for whom you want the t's dotted and i's crossed before they shake hands.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Libs are on a mission to crap on ANYTHING that happens 

50 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Libs are on a mission to crap on ANYTHING that happens 

Pretty sure they're going to find a way to protest peace on the Korean peninsula.

Probably something along the lines of "Trump only wants peace in Korea to release the troops for operations against Iran.  Trump wants peace to start a war!"

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Pretty sure they're going to find a way to protest peace on the Korean peninsula.

Probably something along the lines of "Trump only wants peace in Korea to release the troops for operations against Iran.  Trump wants peace to start a war!"

I'm waiting for the "Trump is only doing this to enrich himself and his cronies.  He wants to open a golf course and a hotel in Pyongyang"

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

The left would rather have war with North Korea. And I guess certain brutal dictators are fine but others are not. 

They just want to do nothing and whine about  life

are you intently listening to them, validating this way of “living”?

Apologies, as I'm not really sure where else to put this, and don't want to muck up Greg's sequencing by creating new and possibly redundant threads.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/387422-top-un-nuclear-official-resigns-suddenly-report

The UNs top nuclear inspector resigns abruptly as Trump Administration pulls out of Iran deal prompting further public scrutiny of the deal itself, and of Iran's compliance.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

image.jpeg.0a65b505f08879b3b50fe2f60d1f4aac.jpeg

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Apologies, as I'm not really sure where else to put this, and don't want to muck up Greg's sequencing by creating new and possibly redundant threads.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/387422-top-un-nuclear-official-resigns-suddenly-report

The UNs top nuclear inspector resigns abruptly as Trump Administration pulls out of Iran deal prompting further public scrutiny of the deal itself, and of Iran's compliance.

:beer: 

This is really suspicious timing...