Ryan Groy Signed to an Offer Sheet by Rams

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley just made a lot of posters look foolish. No wonder they hate him.

Fools.

Foolish?

I don't know........I like Groy but I would have been fine with him on a one year deal for $250K more to see what he can do in THIS offense.

Last preseason he was AWFUL at a time when players are often allowed to show their ability to just man-up without benefit of scheme/gameplan.

Tyrod is back so it's likely that the interior OL and particularly C will continue to benefit in the tradition of Flutie propping up Jerry Ostroski long before them.

Foolish?

I don't know........I like Groy but I would have been fine with him on a one year deal for $250K more to see what he can do in THIS offense.

Last preseason he was AWFUL at a time when players are often allowed to show their ability to just man-up without benefit of scheme/gameplan.

Tyrod is back so it's likely that the interior OL and particularly C will continue to benefit in the tradition of Flutie propping up Jerry Ostroski long before them.

Heavy sigh.....If they cut him next yr it is only 1 mill dead cap. vs if he does well, then in in your scenario where you have valued him at a 2nd round tender he would command a lot more next yr to retain. Probably 3.5 to 4 mill per yr.

I am not risking that for a couple hundred thousand. This guy is trending up and could be a player and at worst is good depth for 2 yrs.

Whaley hit a home run here.

You just fly in?

if i could use the f word

i would say

f awesome comment.

All in good fun, delightfully executed and just plain hilarious.

Give the Man his prize ~~ !

I wonder if Wood will be extended past this year now? Incognito's price also goes up to 7 million plus next season so that's two possible spots that Groy could be starting next year

absolutely.

I can see them coming back to Wood this year with an offer to take less and add one year. Whether he knows the jig might be up is a question.

Are you starting Wood this season? I think you have to.

Richie seems to have played his best ball last season.

Heavy sigh.....If they cut him next yr it is only 1 mill dead cap. vs if he does well, then in in your scenario where you have valued him at a 2nd round tender he would command a lot more next yr to retain. Probably 3.5 to 4 mill per yr.

I am not risking that for a couple hundred thousand. This guy is trending up and could be a player and at worst is good depth for 2 yrs.

Whaley definitely connected. Not sure about a home run just yet. He could regress to last preseason which really was worrisome, for me at least

Heavy sigh.......I don't have a problem with it and a second round tender would have been fine.

More concerned about MG getting pinched than I was Groy.

But..... The fools! The homeruns! Theatre!!