Buffalo Bills salary cap space not an issue after first wave

JM2009

I also found the article informative

I can't disagree DW has done a great job with our cap

Though I do worry about the quality of talent left versus gained, signing low level depth/starters versus losing more talented starters

And that we've signed more UFA's than have left potentially affecting future draft picks

We do seem to have the money for resigning Brown or getting one more key starter

jc

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also found the article informative

I can't disagree DW has done a great job with our cap

Though I do worry about the quality of talent left versus gained, signing low level depth/starters versus losing more talented starters

And that we've signed more UFA's than have left potentially affecting future draft picks

We do seem to have the money for resigning Brown or getting one more key starter

jc

I agree with your whole post. As far as Brown goes, if you would have asked me a week ago, I wouldnt have had a problem with letting him walk. Now that we are a few days into FA and there arnt many quality starters left at LB, I hope that we are trying or atleast have made an offer to try and retain Browns services.

Actually it's according to the Terms of Service where it's clearly laid out that "You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you".

Posting the entirety of somebody else's work is not allowed here. Like anywhere else that is above board you can follow Fair Use standards in US copyright law and post a brief excerpt of somebody else's material and provide a link to that material if you wish. But you are most certainly not allowed to post the full content of somebody else's work.

There are a wide variety of Buffalo Bills sites on the internet; you are always free to use any of the others if you do not like the rules or don't want to live up to the standards of this one. If you wish to continue here, you are able to edit your post to reflect your understanding of Fair Use law and the TBD rules before a moderator sees it and simply deletes or closes the thread.

FYI, your whole post is nonsensical as it is not copyrighted material and the fair use law doesn't apply.

Actually it is bad. Because the team had to wait until the cap his were removed, we might have had to settle on players or watch players leave because we didnt/couldnt match offers. It feels like we are always a step behind trying to play catchup with Whaley as GM.

i believe the internal decisions on which FAs to re-sign and which to let walk were likely made long ago. The team could have released players previously to free up cap room if it were needed. It's more likely a part of their overall strategy.

FYI, your whole post is nonsensical as it is not copyrighted material and the fair use law doesn't apply.

It's a published, accredited article on a commercial website

It was created both privately and originally

Therefore it has full copyright protection and has for over 25 years since the Berne Convention

And it is not now, nor has it ever been allowed to be copy/pasted to this website

better not cut the tags off your mattress

You're welcome to go make your own website and then steal from other people all you want.

Until then, maybe you should reconsider the wisdom of making snarky comments about how other people choose to manage the website that they've taken the time and effort to create for our benefit.

You're welcome to go make your own website and then steal from other people all you want.

Until then, maybe you should reconsider the wisdom of making snarky comments about how other people choose to manage the website that they've taken the time and effort to create for our benefit.

Then no one can post any news from any site, be it newspaper or otherwise. What is the point of any message board then if you cannot share Bills articles?

Credit the site and author and that is stealing? But if I posted bits of it that would have been fine.

Just noticed that some of the threads I see say per this person, but no links to anything. Couldn't do that on the BBMB. Need proof. Sorry Simon, you're wrong.

Simons correct here-- the policy is link and short quote. We have people that fail on both sides (pasting whole articles, or just blind links with no real content shared)

It really isn't that hard to get right and is a policy for a legitimate reason

Simons correct here-- the policy is link and short quote. We have people that fail on both sides (pasting whole articles, or just blind links with no real content shared)

It really isn't that hard to get right and is a policy for a legitimate reason

Even if he is right, my question is who cares though? lol. Doesn't effect the posters here in any way, unless they work for buffalo rumblings or something. Just playing devils advocate

Edited by billsfan11

Even if he is right, my question is who cares though? lol. Doesn't effect the posters here in any way, unless they work for buffalo rumblings or something. Just playing devils advocate

The owners and moderators of this board that put in effort to keep it open for you care. And presumably the OP will when he starts getting hit with warnings or suspensions from the board for ignoring the rules.

But I'm not one of those owners and moderators here, so what you do with the words of wisdom being shared is up to you.

The owners and moderators of this board that put in effort to keep it open for you care. And presumably the OP will when he starts getting hit with warnings or suspensions from the board for ignoring the rules.

But I'm not one of those owners and moderators here, so what you do with the words of wisdom being shared is up to you.

I understand what you're saying but at the same time, some posters take it way to personally. If I were an owner or moderator of this site I would care, but as a poster who has nothing to do with it, it doesn't effect me in any way

I understand what you're saying but at the same time, some posters take it way to personally. If I were an owner or moderator of this site I would care, but as a poster who has nothing to do with it, it doesn't effect me in any way

Many have been here a decade plus and are good friends with those people here and outside the board -- I'm not losing sleep over it, but arguing that it doesn't matter because you don't care about it and it doesn't effect you personally is kind of lame.

For me it's just one of those conventions that make things go smoother if people just follow it

Yet here you are.

Then no one can post any news from any site, be it newspaper or otherwise. What is the point of any message board then if you cannot share Bills articles?

Credit the site and author and that is stealing? But if I posted bits of it that would have been fine.

Just noticed that some of the threads I see say per this person, but no links to anything. Couldn't do that on the BBMB. Need proof. Sorry Simon, you're wrong.

You've been here a week and are already lecturing long-time members about TBD policy that's been in place for over a decade?

That's some quality entertainment right there :doh:

Edited by Simon

It affects all posters here if someone posts content that gets the board shut down because of copyright infringement.

It's really pretty simple...

1. Post a link to the full article.

2. Say something fun like... This is a good article! I like it.

3. If you really want to be a go getter... Put a few quotes or partial paragraph in quotes from the article to make us all think, wow I like that. I should go read that good article and then post my thoughts about it back here.

Follow those 3 simple steps and no one on some random website thinks we're stealing their content, the board here hums along in harmony, cats and dogs play together, the world is a brighter place.