Buffalo Bills salary cap space not an issue after first wave

JM2009

Many have been here a decade plus and are good friends with those people here and outside the board -- I'm not losing sleep over it, but arguing that it doesn't matter because you don't care about it and it doesn't effect you personally is kind of lame.

For me it's just one of those conventions that make things go smoother if people just follow it

I wasn't talking about just effecting me personally, I was talking about all the posters here who aren't owners or moderators who have nothing to do with this

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't talking about just effecting me personally, I was talking about all the posters here who aren't owners or moderators who have nothing to do with this

Except we all enjoy the free board that gives us all a place to talk Bills. And all they ask in return is for us to follow like 2 rules.

Edited by FireChan

maybe some of us would rather he not get a infraction for doing something helpful to others......so we are letting him know about the rules

Ya but the way the posters were saying it to him was pretty uncalled for. Could have easily told him nicely instead of rip on and insult the guy like some posters did

Fair enough. I guess people take this site a lot more serious than I do

You ever know a guy who owns a bar? And when you were there, you helped him clean something, or took care of your empties or what have you? That's a lot like TBD, especially for the old-timers.

The argument you were making is analogous to the guy who destroys the bathroom in that bar and says "What? I don't work here." Not gonna be well-received.

Edited by FireChan

You ever know a guy who owns a bar? And when you were there, you helped him clean something, or took care of your empties or what have you? That's a lot like TBD, especially for the old-timers.

The argument you were making is analogous to the guy who destroys the bathroom in that bar and says "What? I don't work here." Not gonna be well-received.

I will argue that destroying a bar is a lot more extreme then accidently posting an infraction on a web site... I have no problem with people encouraging the rules, but the way people were "authorizing their authority" seemed pretty extreme. A nice simple warning to the guy would have worked just fine.

In saying that, I apologize to you or anyone else if my comments offended anyone. Was just trying to offend the OP since there was a lot of hate

I will argue that destroying a bar is a lot more extreme then accidently posting an infraction on a web site... I have no problem with people encouraging the rules, but the way people were "authorizing their authority" seemed pretty extreme. A nice simple warning to the guy would have worked just fine.

In saying that, I apologize to you or anyone else if my comments offended anyone. Was just trying to offend the OP since there was a lot of hate

OP received one snarky comment made about copyright and came out swinging.

No idea what that means, but like I said, I apologize if any of my comments offended you. Have a good night sir

As long as we all agree your posts were bad and you should feel bad about yourself I think we can put this to rest and move forward relatively pain free

Are you always this much of a douche?

No, but he has a basic understanding of copyright policy, which this site is good about.

Even if he is right, my question is who cares though? lol. Doesn't effect the posters here in any way, unless they work for buffalo rumblings or something. Just playing devils advocate

I care (you asked "who"). Articles should not be cut and pasted wholesale. Not that some here care, but it's actually against the law. It's not fair use.

Clicks=money. Don't steal money from other people. Stealing bad mmmkay.

"Clicks" really isn't the whole point. It's a huge issue across publishing areas (I work in book publishing), and it's basically intellectual property theft (regardless of people who believe that "information wants to be free!"). Posting the link with a quick summary or short quote is all one needs to do for it to be ok. Edited by dave mcbride

Then no one can post any news from any site, be it newspaper or otherwise. What is the point of any message board then if you cannot share Bills articles?

Credit the site and author and that is stealing? But if I posted bits of it that would have been fine.

Just noticed that some of the threads I see say per this person, but no links to anything. Couldn't do that on the BBMB. Need proof. Sorry Simon, you're wrong.

You may have missed the point.

You can post a link and a snippet of the story, not the entire article.