Mills Still a Bill

FireChan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Cujo didn't bust his hip, that limited their options. That same money would have been wiser spent on a 2nd round tender for Groy. What's new Cujo has the Bills in a headlock!

I doubt Cyrus can play RT at all. It's a non-starter in my head until proven otherwise. Seantrel is still suspended.

And it's been 3 years, how hard is it to spell Kouandjio? :D

I doubt Cyrus can play RT at all. It's a non-starter in my head until proven otherwise. Seantrel is still suspended.

A few more beers and it will be damn near impossible.

If he was healthy they could at least entering swapping Glenn to the right side, some level of discussion was had about that last season and I have heard worse ideas.

watch him. He has played the right side in preseason, camp, and in unbalanced sets. Even started a game or two in 2015. The guy is simply a better football player then he was as a rookie, go figure. Edited by TheTruthHurts

And 6 QB hits and 47 hurries :D

The end of the Seattle game where he was just allowing Seattle DE's to take a dead sprint at Taylor every play was the pinnacle of his terribleness.

That said.......Tyrod can survive this guy. This is where you can save money keeping Tyrod......OL salary commitments.

Hopefully the first year is the vet min.......that's all he deserves......but also MAYBE he can actually improve.

I mean......I DOUBT it.....but wouldn't be the first time a formerly bad O-lineman turned into a good player.......former Bill Glenn Parker comes to mind........traffic cone to cornerstone. :beer:

Edited by #BADOL

watch him. He has played the right side in preseason, camp, and in unbalanced sets. Even started a game or two in 2015. The guy is simply a better football player then he was as a rookie, go figure.

I have watched him and I've followed his career closely. He has a degenerative knee condition in his post leg playing on the right hand side and can't fire off the ball properly.

He's a better left tackle because he can push off from that stance better. It's very basic stuff and why he plays left tackle well.

Let me get this right. We won't tender even the 2+ million to ensure that Gillislee and Groy return. They both have performed very, very well. We bring back one of the worst RT in the league who has not performed well for a 4 Million, two year contract. Oh boy, the Bills front office really is professional. I wouldn't hire them to clean the restrooms at the stadium for fear they were under qualified to do even that. Boy, do I smell a Tank. And not even a smart one at that.

I have watched him and I've followed his career closely. He has a degenerative knee condition in his post leg playing on the right hand side and can't fire off the ball properly.

He's a better left tackle because he can push off from that stance better. It's very basic stuff and why he plays left tackle well.

The whole knee stuff is irrelevant to me. He has been our best option at RT since camp started in 2015.

Here is a write up of one of his 2 starts in 2015 at RT. His other start vs the Cowboys they had 408 yards.

15) RT Cyrus Kouandjio

Plays on the Field: 72/78

Grade vs. Jaguars: B

- For the second game in a row, Cyrus Kouandjio had a nice game with an extended opportunity. Now, he will get caught lunging at his assignment from time to time due to slower feet. However, he kept EJ Manuel clean for the most part and chipped in against the run as well. With how he has performed over the last two weeks, it will be interesting to see what the Bills do if Seantrel Henderson is available for Week Nine against the Dolphins. Kouandjio has taken roughly 200 less snaps, but in his time on the field, he has performed at a higher level.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-all-22-review-grading-bills-vs-jaguars

Let me get this right. We won't tender even the 2+ million to ensure that Gillislee and Groy return. They both have performed very, very well. We bring back one of the worst RT in the league who has not performed well for a 4 Million, two year contract. Oh boy, the Bills front office really is professional. I wouldn't hire them to clean the restrooms at the stadium for fear they were under qualified to do even that. Boy, do I smell a Tank. And not even a smart one at that.

Need to stop sniffing cocaine then...

The whole knee stuff is irrelevant to me. He has been our best option at RT since camp started in 2015.

Here is a write up of one of his 2 starts in 2015 at RT. His other start vs the Cowboys they had 408 yards.

Believe what you want, pal. I'm trying to help. I was at the Jags game, I've watched most of his snaps since his sophomore year at Alabama, every snap he's played as a professional twice over and I know his medical history.

If you disagree with me, that's fine. Simply trying to explain why he's not a viable option on the right side.

Gotta be for depth. The guy is really bad.

For the money he could easily be the swing tackle.

Believe what you want, pal. I'm trying to help. I was at the Jags game, I've watched most of his snaps since his sophomore year at Alabama, every snap he's played as a professional twice over and I know his medical history.

If you disagree with me, that's fine. Simply trying to explain why he's not a viable option on the right side.

Kouandjio will tell you he feels more comfortable on the left, that's fine. But saying he hasn't performed well or can't play on the right is just false.

People have to remember how young he is in age and also playing experience. He hasn't played football all his life like many players.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

He's not as bad a run blocker, as he is in pass pro.

Fills a 'hole', albeit not especially well.

Having continuity is also likely to help a bit, even if the scheme changes.

And there's still time and room, to find a better solution.

At the end of the day, we currently will have a returning O-Line in place, and a returning D-Line, with Alexander re-signed also. Neither of which were the major problems within the team last season.

Foundations are laid, in effect. May not look too inspiring atm, but you won't build the rest of the team without them.

And yet, CK was beaten out for the RT job by a 7th round pick in 2014 and 2015 and then a street free agent in 2016.

He's a second round pick that hasn't been a full time starter by his third season and hasn't impressed 2 coaching staffs. To expect that to change in his 4th season seems a stretch.